New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Usually, naka-log din yung PMS record (and mileage) dun sa warranty booklet that came with the manual. I guess one thing to keep in mind when checking din. Unless, tinago din ng seller?

Kung maayos naman tumakbo and no major problems surface in the next few months, don't feel too bad. I know if you knew about the higher odometer reading you could have negotiated for a lower price, pero wag mo na isipin yun. If okay naman na purchase mo, ayos na yun. After all, with the available info (that you knew at the time), you found the asking price to be reasonable given what you were buying so don't beat yourself too much.

I know the feeling. Para kang bumili ng expensive item tapos the following day, nag 50% off sale na di sinabi ng saleslady

Loko yung seller na yun ah.
    maayos nga tumakbo, ngayon.
    what buyers are worried about is, gaano katagal bago hindi na maayos tumakbo?
    i am of the belief that, all other factors being equal, the car with the lower odometer reading, will run maayos longer than another car with a much higher odometer reading.
    malaking bargaining chip ang kotseng may mababang odometer reading.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Aside from the tampered odometer, what I am more uncomfortable is the deceit of the seller. Kung yung odometer na dinaya nya, I'm wondering ano pa kaya kasinungalingang ginawa nya sa kotse na di alam ng buyer.

It's a trust issue for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Aside from the tampered odometer, what I am more uncomfortable is the deceit of the seller. Kung yung odometer na dinaya nya, I'm wondering ano pa kaya kasinungalingang ginawa nya sa kotse na di alam ng buyer.

It's a trust issue for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    this is also true, i'm afraid.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    2017 pa yun pero baka hindi lang clear. Baka ginawa yung PMS for 120km pero yung actual odo reading mababa pa lang. Verify with casa kung anu yung actual odo reading during the PMS.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by godfadger View Post
    2017 pa yun pero baka hindi lang clear. Baka ginawa yung PMS for 120km pero yung actual odo reading mababa pa lang. Verify with casa kung anu yung actual odo reading during the PMS.
    isn't that what the guy did?
    i have read on more than one instance, that these digital odometers can be tampered with.
    and yes, it constitutes criminal fraud to do so.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    What about kung amoy bago pa ang loob ng car as basis? That smell couldn't get replicated right? I tried looking for any car air freshener even those labeled as new car smell hindi pa rin eh.

There is ...
    Chemical Guys - New Car Smell Premium Air Freshener & Odor Eliminator (16 oz)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Thanks. Have you tried this? Does it work?

I tried others before that claims that new car smell pero iba pa rin eh.

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maayos nga tumakbo, ngayon.
    what buyers are worried about is, gaano katagal bago hindi na maayos tumakbo?
    i am of the belief that, all other factors being equal, the car with the lower odometer reading, will run maayos longer than another car with a much higher odometer reading.
    malaking bargaining chip ang kotseng may mababang odometer reading.
    Yes. But at this point in time however, (practically) not much can be done about it anymore.

All I'm saying lang naman for the poster is to try to be optimistic na lang about it, and not to be too hard on himself because it can happen to even the most OC of buyers.

Ika nga nga, if life gives you a lemon, you can go on griping about what a sour deal you got or... make lemonade out of it and make it sweet.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Odometer tampered