New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I observed that a lot of second hand cars sell in the Philippines specially in the car exchange are all odometer tampered. This business is very rampant and I personally witnessed how they cheated the prospected buyer. On the side of the buyer if he is not skilled enough, he will be cheated. I don't know why these agents need to cheat so that they can gain more in expense of the poor buyer with his hard earned money buy a car that he didn't know was lower that 30-40% of the actual price he will pay. Is there any government agency that can regulate these wrongdoings of some car shops. Observation ko lang po ito.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_dynamiteph View Post
    I observed that a lot of second hand cars sell in the Philippines specially in the car exchange are all odometer tampered. This business is very rampant and I personally witnessed how they cheated the prospected buyer. On the side of the buyer if he is not skilled enough, he will be cheated. I don't know why these agents need to cheat so that they can gain more in expense of the poor buyer with his hard earned money buy a car that he didn't know was lower that 30-40% of the actual price he will pay. Is there any government agency that can regulate these wrongdoings of some car shops. Observation ko lang po ito.
    I've been a Victim... Ganun talaga dito sa pinas madami manloloko...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How will you know if it's tampered?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    How will you know if it's tampered?
    There are so many ways you can tell if the odometer was tampered.
    1. The actual appearance of the car.
    2. Check the service book.
    3. The year model of the car.
    4. The condition of interior, steering wheel, alignment of the odometer number.
    5. The engine itself.
    6. So many more.

That's why many are in car business now because of some unprofessional, selfish individuals who only think about gaining more by cheating. That's why in other countries this act is a crime and punishable of imprisonment. I don't know why in the Philippines there is no law for this kind of business. Watch out even digital odometers can be tampered.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maraming manloloko sa 'Pinas.

Still the best way when buying a used car is directly from an acquaintance you know so well.

Third parties? Resellers?I really doubt their integrity.

More often than not, one have to deal with them. Just look at the overall condition of the car, odometers tampered or not.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    nata-tamper pa ba digital odometer?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^natatamper din.
    na biktima na din ako nyan eh...

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    anong sasakyan?
    pano kaya nila ginagawa?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How? Try searchig on the net.

There are even individuals who openly advertised before on the classfieds that they do "digital odometer repair". :P

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG View Post
    nata-tamper pa ba digital odometer?
    Heard from a friend his brothers toyota altis 2006 i think got the odometer lowered to 25k mileage from 80k plus paid only 8-10t pesos its digital daw

not sure if this is true my friend just told me this was suprised its possible

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Odometer tampered