New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 257 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Please people stop making it own ghosts. Natatakot kayo wala pa naman nahuhuli. Don't worry you'll hear it from all the journalists wannabe in social media pag meron ng nahuli.
    tama! everytime na may mabasa ako na worried na worried about the policy, I would text ung dealer ko to ask - then refute niya na hindi pa nga implemented. sabi tuloy ng dealer ko wag maniwala sa mga nababasa sa forums.. sa news daw ako makinig. lol

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1. The 2 plates have bar codes, 1 having a lower number than the other. Example, xxxxxxxxx1 and xxxxxxxxx2. The lower numbered plated must be installed in front and the higher numbered plate at the back.

2. The sticker must be installed in an area of the windshield that has no tint. You will need to ask the tint shop to cut a window for the sticker.

3. According to Mazda Q.Ave., the reason for 1 and 2 is because LTO and MMDA are to purchase readers that can read the bar codes and the sticker from afar. It is usually the back plates that are stolen. When they read your front plates and it is the back plate that is there then your car is automatically suspect as stolen. The reader can't read the back plates also.

4. The screws/bolts heads are designed to break off when loosened, leaving the rounded part behind that acts as a rivet. This should prevent the plate from being stolen.
    Thanks! This is the post I was looking for.

BTT: I've been using my car for almost a year (Feb 2014 - Jan 2015) and I normally drive around Makati and BGC. Never naman ako na flag down. Sa Ortigas medyo na aalangan na ako dumaan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I don't know if anyone went to LTO Araneta today, but the liaison officer of my dealer told me that LTO's not accepting transactions pa rin daw. I'm not sure if she's lying, pero mukhang hindi naman.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Sakin naman nagkaroon daw nang problema sa shipment. Special plate pinagawa ko. Ung mga kasabayan ko na regular plate meron na sila lahat ako nalang wala pa. Huhuhuhuhuuu. . .

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Just went to LTO Araneta, hindi pa din daw sila nagrerelease kase daw nagiinventory pa sila. Try ko daw next week.

Antayin ko na lang may magpost dito na nakakuha na ng plates. Nakakapagod din no.

As for me, tuloy lang gamit ko.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ned27 View Post
    well ano ung worry natin mga bro? hindi pa naman implemented ung policy, may mga nanghuhuli na ba?
    my daily route is barangka (mandaluyong), edsa, ayala ave, makati ave sometimes south ave, kalayaan ave - all in makati city, wala namang pumapara saken.. to the fact na strict ang makati when in comes to traffic rules? (mas strict BGC, pero been there too for may times na din).
    Had an experience a few years back, brand new car with conduction stickers only, this TE flagged me down and noticed I had no plates yet, stated that vehicles without plates are not allowed, blah, blah, showed my SI and DR but continued nagging, in the end I just gave him Php200, to get him off my back and it is a hassle even if go to the office and argue, I know I can get out of it, but the thing is it is too much hassle and waste of time, if some turd or F^ck up TE officer or any other govt official wants to make a quick buck and targets you for having no plates. You can fight it, argue, etc, but bottom line a vehicle without plate number is a target to unscrupulous individuals and I don't want anything to do with it. My sibling is the same way too, just parked at the garage the new car (starts the engine routinely and go around the neighborhood so that the engine, oil and other mechanical things is not left at idle) and wait for the plate number before they uses a vehicle, anyways just my two cents

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ako when I read here that starting Jan 1 ay iimplement na DAW ang policy na yan, I got worried a bit. Came Jan, ginamit ko padin and walang huli, I am not worried anymore. Kung saan saan na ako nag punta since Jan 1, never akong pinara. I even passed a checkpoint malapit sa Malacanang, hindi naman ako sinita. Gabi pa un. Wala naman balita, so bakit sila manghuhuli. I didn't buy a vehicle para iparada ko lang sa bahay. Although I wish that my plates will arrive soon already, kung wala pa, di wala pa. Ganon talaga.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I freed up my sched today para bumalik sa LTO NCR. As I had expected, walang parking. Iilan na nga lang, naka reserved pa so mga employees. Sabi nung guard ikot nalang ako sa likod. But it was a squatters area and I would never leave my vehicle there. Then eventually may nahanap din akong parking.

Fell in line para ipasa ung photocopies ng OR/CR and ID then I told the guy that I wanna have it checked if my plates are already available. Sabi punta ako sa 2nd floor and look for Fernando. I went to the 2nd flr, sabi sa kabilang flr. I went there and nasa meeting naman. Mag antay nalang sa baba. After 30 mins of waiting, they posted an advisory to those who will claim their plates to go at the back, climb the stairs and enter the 1st door.

I went there and gave the docs. The woman checked it in their database, wala pa daw. She double checked it with her officemate, wala pa din daw. Balik daw ako next week kasi baka andiyan ung plate but since kakalipat palang nila, hindi pa na encode. And actually hindi pa daw sila nagri release ng plates for new vehicles kasi nag aayos pa daw sila.

She also asked if the vehicle was paid in cash. I said it was a loan, 1 yr to pay. Then her officemate said to her na wala naman daw problem kung cash or loan. So they told me to try and return next week.

Since I don't want to go to LTO weekly, considering I don't have a lot of time going there and napaka hirap maghanap ng parking, gusto ko pag nag punta ako ay sure na mari release na. So I asked paano kung ipakuha ko, they said just make an authorization letter with signature and xerox of valid IDs with signatures.

I don't think I am going to return there anymore or pag sinipag, baka next month na. Next month will be the 6th month of my vehicle so most probably the plates are due for releasing. Not unless I hear in the news that they will implement the policy and my plates aren't still with me, doon nalang ako babalik.

Pero madami silang na-released na plates for motorcycles. I am not sure if those are renewal or brand new pero while I was waiting for that certain Fernando in the waiting area, mga 5 guys ang nabigyan ng new plates for the MCs. Pero sa 4 wheeled vehicles, I didn't see them released any.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I went there today and I was able to talk to Sir Fernando. In my case 4 yrs to pay and walang plate # na nakalagay sa OR/CR. He asked me to come back after the holidays kasi nag-inventory pa raw sila. He also asked me to secure an authorization letter from the dealer first para panigurado raw na hindi magdoble yung pag-issue nila ng plates kasi baka nakapila na raw sa application ng dealer yung plates. Susubukan ko kumuha ng authorization next week na kasi baka petiks mode na naman mga tao dahil long weekend. Based on ocular ko lang sa paligid mga 50% operational pa lang sila..marami pa silang kailangan ayusin na docs and boxes etc so depende sa transaction nyo di rin assured na maging productive ang pagpunta nyo. It's worth trying though para lang malaman nyo kung ano status ng transaction nyo dun. However, sa bungad pa lang andun na yung releasing of plates nila for those na kumpleto na ang docs..case to case basis siguro. For cases such as mine, medyo matagal pa ang hihintayin (weeks) bago mag-entertain sila ng magclaim ng plates.

My only prayer now is sana mabigyan nga ako ng authorization ng dealer..kasi ayoko na talaga maghintay ng 6 months just for them to deliver it sa doorstep namin. Feeling ko kahit yung delivery process nila sobrang bagal din, baka inuupuan lang nila yung pagdeliver ng mga plaka kaya natatagalan. Haays!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been getting my plates directly from LTO since '07. I think I have posted it here. Don't wait for your dealer. Sobrang bagal yan gunalaw. I even went to LTO novaliches or was it Valenzuela. Just to get my plates. You just have to give lead time pag sinabi ng LTO na bumalik judge to be sure. But now I don't have the patient to visit wherever LTO branches it was registered by the dealer. Sila na bahala kumuha. Anyway, its not my car who doesn't have plate numbers yet. It's my roommate's and so far she hasn't been flag down.
    Last edited by shadow; January 12th, 2015 at 03:34 PM.