New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 204 of 257 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2562
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tevilo View Post
    Mga boss OT question lang. Wala kasi akong makitang thread about the coding scheme baka pwedeng dito nalang. Allowed ba sa makati dumaan during window ng 10am-3pm? Kahit along osmeña hiway lang? Will be coming from sta. mesa going to SLEX. Thanks!
    Titirahin ka ng mga MAPSA, walang patawad mga yan. Dapat along Osmena & EDSA or major thoroughfares passing MAKATI, hindi sila pwede manita, pero they use their own Makati ordinance na kupal. What you can do is take the side streets right after crossing Vito Cruz along Osmena. You can enter the side streets (just watch out for 1 way streets) then turn left sa Filmore. Cross Buendia and after the 2 corner after Buendia, turn left ka uli. You will hit a dead end that's where you turn right. Then 1st corner uli, left ka and you'll be at the foot of the skyway upon turning right.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    totoo kaya ito?
    DoTC, LTO suspend ?no plate, no travel? policy | Headline Gitnang Luzon

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO – Motorists and car dealers can now heave a sigh of relief after the Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) and the Land Transportation Office (LTO) have lifted the “no plate, no travel” policy.
    The policy has been suspended for re-evaluation, according to 3rd District Rep. Oscar Rodriguez, in light of mounting complaints from motorists and car dealers.
    Rodriguez said that according to DoTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya, all LTO offices have already been instructed on the suspension.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

totoo kaya ito?
    http://www.headlinegl.com/dotc-lto-suspend-no-plate-no-travel-policy/

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO – Motorists and car dealers can now heave a sigh of relief after the Department of Transportation and Communications (DoTC) and the Land Transportation Office (LTO) have lifted the “no plate, no travel” policy.
    The policy has been suspended for re-evaluation, according to 3rd District Rep. Oscar Rodriguez, in light of mounting complaints from motorists and car dealers.
    Rodriguez said that according to DoTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya, all LTO offices have already been instructed on the suspension.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It seems odd that the major news networks haven't picked this up.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Actually. More curious was how it was instructed to LTO offices... Verbal??? :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

so after several weeks, atras na naman..
    just like the previous two announcements..

maybe someone instructed them not to go after the victims but instead run after the perpetrators.. which, in this case... is... themselves and the dealers??

.... hoy! hindi kaya kuryente na naman ito?
    Last edited by dr. d; May 12th, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    may i ask now for brand new car still can be able to choose the ending code for the plate? if can normally cost how much rate?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dp20 View Post
    Sir tevilo, as far as I know hindi naman naninita MAPSA. I pass by Makati Ave and Buendia on the way to work, I have not been asked to pull over. I guess they really don't support the no-registration-no-travel policy.
    Sir dp20 I already got the license plates. My problem is how to pass by Makati during window hours if coding. Sorry medyo confusing ung OT question hehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Titirahin ka ng mga MAPSA, walang patawad mga yan. Dapat along Osmena & EDSA or major thoroughfares passing MAKATI, hindi sila pwede manita, pero they use their own Makati ordinance na kupal. What you can do is take the side streets right after crossing Vito Cruz along Osmena. You can enter the side streets (just watch out for 1 way streets) then turn left sa Filmore. Cross Buendia and after the 2 corner after Buendia, turn left ka uli. You will hit a dead end that's where you turn right. Then 1st corner uli, left ka and you'll be at the foot of the skyway upon turning right.
    Ah ganun ba? Thanks for the tip sir. Actually medyo kabado din ako sa mga side streets kasi may mga enforcers na nagmamando ng traffic especially pag tumawid ka ng buendia avenue. But have you tried to take this route? Ok naman?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    The coding scheme only apply on major roads kaya no issue sa side streets that's why if you would notice, they position themselves only along the major roads. But then, for a greedy traffic enforcer, he will argue on this but stand your ground. Yes, that route is so familiar not only for coding but also for heavy traffic along Osmena.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    The coding scheme only apply on major roads kaya no issue sa side streets that's why if you would notice, they position themselves only along the major roads. But then, for a greedy traffic enforcer, he will argue on this but stand your ground. Yes, that route is so familiar not only for coding but also for heavy traffic along Osmena.
    i beg to differ.
    the coding is for all roads.
    but the "enforcers" position themselves along major roads, because it is "more effective to do so".
    but yes, i believe there are major roads that are exempt, including the not-so-major roads leading to and from the airport.
    as to the republic of makati, i have forsaken to attempt to understand "their logic"..