New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There are many vehicles for sale with clear records ... why bother even considering one with potential document problems? ...
    my guess is, "the price is right".

but potential buyer should also consider the other saying, "you get what you pay for".

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    "NO HPG CLEARANCE/CARNAP ALARM".

ang pagkaintindi ko, there is NO CARNAP ALARM
    di ba pwede naman itanong ito sa HPG if cleared na ang kotse?

1. no hpg clearance
    2. carnap alarm

kaya nga mahihirapan na mareregister kasi recovered carnapped vehicle, need muna ipacancel ang carnap alarm para makakuha ng hpg clearance.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    1. no hpg clearance
    2. carnap alarm

kaya nga mahihirapan na mareregister kasi recovered carnapped vehicle, need muna ipacancel ang carnap alarm para makakuha ng hpg clearance.
    one has but to clarify with the seller, what it means.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Walk away.

The used car market is vast and putting too much time and effort on a potentially questionable sale is not worth it.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    one has but to clarify with the seller, what it means.
    if i was the buyer, i'd ask/confirm what i understood directly with the seller, than here.

it could've been lost in translation lang. sayang, and to put away yung whatifs

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jokwa114 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I'm not really sure where it should be.

So while browsing Carmudi for secondhand cars since I'm looking for our first family car, I stumbled upon this vehicle with a relatively low price. And while reading its details, it indicated "NO HPG CLEARANCE/CARNAP ALARM".

I was dumbfounded, this couldn't be a scam, if it was, they wouldn't have mentioned that. So I check the seller, which apparently was a dealer. So I searched for their website if they had any, and they did. And apparently, they are the used property sales department of a certain bank. Even their contact email is in the bank's domain.

So out of curiosity, I emailed them. I might have just misunderstood that detail. They replied and confirmed that the said vehicle was stolen and that

"t was stolen, yes.
    The HPG brought the unit back to the bank."

So now, I am very confused to say the least. If it was a stolen vehicle, why are they still putting it up for sale?

Am I missing something here, is there a way to legitimately get an HPG Clearance for this? Or is this just their way of selling this car to uninformed buyers?
    Pwede ba mabenta ang sasakyan na alarmado/no hpg clearance?

Pwede ba mabenta ang isang property na may kaso sa korte/ walang court clearance?

Answer is pwede kung risk taker ka, deed of sale lang katapat nyan. Kapag pina rehistro mo na, dun kana magkakaproblema.

Caveat Emptor

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    When I messaged the seller, and clarified it with them, I made up my mind not to buy it.

It's just that, I didn't know legit and verified dealers are actively engaging in this kind of trade, more so with the dealer being a dealer by a bank.

Being affiliated with a bank, I didn't expect they'd engage in this kind of shady deals.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Pwede ba mabenta ang sasakyan na alarmado/no hpg clearance?

Pwede ba mabenta ang isang property na may kaso sa korte/ walang court clearance?

Answer is pwede kung risk taker ka, deed of sale lang katapat nyan. Kapag pina rehistro mo na, dun kana magkakaproblema.

Caveat Emptor
    Maraming property ang bininbenta na may kaso sa korte. sobrang malas mo kapag hindi ka nasabihan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wool View Post
    Maraming property ang bininbenta na may kaso sa korte. sobrang malas mo kapag hindi ka nasabihan.
    100% agree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
No HPG Clearance/Carnap Alarm, but bank is selling it