New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, the whole experiment is a failure. I dont support color coding simply because is a stupid solution to the traffic problem. Traffic enforcement and driver discipline lang, malaking improvement na sana (although i know this is quite impossible).

Getting back to the experiement, the reason why its a failure is because Makati (and eventually Mandaluyong) did not participate. Makati is in the heart of Metro Manila. If you clock the center, then naturally, all the other areas will clog up.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    In my pov, it was a good that an experiment was made. Departments and other governement offices concerned were able to see the effects of a manila with no coding. But yun nga lang hindi nakita yung buong efficiency because makati and mandaluyong backed out of the plan.

BF was just experimenting someting new, which is not bad naman. What impressed me the most is that MMDA officers were everywhere and they were trying to do there jobs naman...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Traffic enforcement and driver discipline lang, malaking improvement na sana (although i know this is quite impossible).
    driving here in manila is practically lawless. i agree that it boils down to proper traffic enforcement/management and driver discipline.

i know it seems overwhelming, but IMHO this is still possible!

i have this theory..

why is it that as soon as drivers enter subic, they suddenly practice discipline? you probably know the answer.

maybe the MMDA can apply the same formula here in metro manila. they can start enforcing strict traffic regulations in one city (e.g. makati city), and as soon as the traffic problem is neutralized in the said city, they can then expand to another city (e.g. mandaluyong).. and so on.. until the whole metro is covered.

this might be easier for the MMDA, and the public might find this easier to swallow.

pero i'm sure na whatever BF comes up with, kokontra nanaman yan si claire "big mouth" dela fuente. hehehe..

IMHO lang peeps. :D

peace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
no color coding? post your experiences!