New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gadgets, such as mobile phones, positioned at a vehicle's windshield that directly distract the line of sight of the driver will be banned starting May 18.

The Anti-Distracted Driving Law takes effect on Thursday, and violators will face penalties of up to P20,000 and revocation of their licenses.

Even hands-free devices, as long they obstruct the line of sight of the driver, would be in violation of the law.

Using cellphones for texting or making calls or sending messages while driving will also be banned.

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) will apprehend and issue violation tickets to drivers caught texting or calling even if the red light is on.
    FOREWARNED: Gadgets at car windshields banned starting May 18 | ABS-CBN News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good thing. Cd slot mount gamot ko, so Wala Sa line of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Let's hope they don't mess with dashcams. Most of them are installed at or near line-of-sight locations.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenR View Post
    Let's hope they don't mess with dashcams. Most of them are installed at or near line-of-sight locations.
    Most of the dashcams that i see nowadays are like small tv screens that you have to watch every now and then. If they're bigger than 2 inches it's a hindrance. I just dont get the idea why they have to put big screens on them. Do you have to watch it live or something? Smh. Personally, I use my bike cam an SJCAM M10 wifi. Fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror, has dashcam mode, and connects to your phone via wifi if you have to check a video.
    BUT if you have to have one of those big screen dashcams, just mount it on the dashboard and give those "enforcers" a nice grin everytime you pass them

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkamb88 View Post
    Most of the dashcams that i see nowadays are like small tv screens that you have to watch every now and then. If they're bigger than 2 inches it's a hindrance. I just dont get the idea why they have to put big screens on them. Do you have to watch it live or something? Smh. Personally, I use my bike cam an SJCAM M10 wifi. Fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror, has dashcam mode, and connects to your phone via wifi if you have to check a video.
    BUT if you have to have one of those big screen dashcams, just mount it on the dashboard and give those "enforcers" a nice grin everytime you pass them

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It's not that you HAVE to have the biggest screen. It's more like, at one point in time, they were the only ones available. The popularity of consumer dashcams only started around 5 years ago. Even today, if you just casually browse sites such as Lazada, a great majority of dashcams still utilizes screens the size of a business card or whereabouts.

On the other hand, size is relative. ALL run-of-the-mill dashcams would still be considered as having tiny displays if you compare them to traditional GPS or the typical smartphone. The shift to smaller dashcams or even screenless models is more of an evolutionary trend... no way to go but miniaturize.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    While the intention of the law is good, as this is the Pinas, this is highly prone to abuse and extortion.

So CP suction cups placed on the windshield like the one below are all banned now?

I place my CP holder on the left lowermost corner of the windshield...so I guess banned na ito.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RL._SX425_.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 41ewsmifbrl._sx425_.jpg  

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    It's not that you HAVE to have the biggest screen. It's more like, at one point in time, they were the only ones available. The popularity of consumer dashcams only started around 5 years ago. Even today, if you just casually browse sites such as Lazada, a great majority of dashcams still utilizes screens the size of a business card or whereabouts.

On the other hand, size is relative. ALL run-of-the-mill dashcams would still be considered as having tiny displays if you compare them to traditional GPS or the typical smartphone. The shift to smaller dashcams or even screenless models is more of an evolutionary trend... no way to go but miniaturize.
    perhaps if the directive indicates that "dashcams with a screen diameter of xxx cm, are allowed"; and
    "dashcams are to be located at xxx location only".

even the authorities can not deny the potential benefit of the use of dashcams.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    eh sa totoo lang kasi ang sarap namang tingnan kung walang mga baubot na naka lagay sa dashboard diba.ung iba kasi parang ginagawa na nilang display cabinet ung dashboard nila.pero ako ayoko talaga ng may naka lagay or naka patong sa dashboard ko.kay esmi nga pag nag patong ng suklay pinapatanggal ko agad,

pero ung dashcam ko nandun sa bandang likod ng center mirror ko..pwede na siguro un..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    kasama ba yung nakapatong ang paa sa dashboard?

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    out of the topic..

but anyone here using Kia Picanto?

gamit ko ngayon Kia Picanto EX 2017, malakas ba sa Fuel consumption ang Kia nyo?

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
No Cellphone While Driving Law starts on May 18