New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100kph is the mandated speed limit. But they allow speeds of up to 120kph. Maybe to correct for any inaccuracies in their speed gun reading?

I traverse the whole stretch of NLEX at least once a week and neved had I encountered any of the official vehicles of NLEX going faster than my speed (cruise controlled at 115kph), except for those BMW motorcycles.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    So if somebody is speeding, does that mean that these radar vehicles are limited to 100kph and won't be able to catch the offenders? That defeats the purpose of their existence in the first place. You have to be able to get evidence as well, but since we do not have static speed traps unlike other countries do, the best way is to follow them so they can possibly track down the license plate and corresponding speed.

I say that is a good thing, because at least you know somebody will chase you down if you go beyond the limit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being unable to enforce it due to the same law.

The reason they do not track at night is the same reason why speed detectors are only used in the daytime - the detected speed becomes inaccurate at night.

Agree here... Sa HW5 nga, ang bibilis magpatakbo ng mga police cars, oovertake-an ka with their lights flashing and their sirens blaring... At magpapa-ese-ese sa harapan mo.... Dapat balik ka na sa tamang speed. Kung hindi, huli ka..... Buti na lang hindi ako hinuli....

6505:Bath:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    So if somebody is speeding, does that mean that these radar vehicles are limited to 100kph and won't be able to catch the offenders? That defeats the purpose of their existence in the first place. You have to be able to get evidence as well, but since we do not have static speed traps unlike other countries do, the best way is to follow them so they can possibly track down the license plate and corresponding speed.

I say that is a good thing, because at least you know somebody will chase you down if you go beyond the limit. There's a fine line between enforcing the law and being unable to enforce it due to the same law.

The reason they do not track at night is the same reason why speed detectors are only used in the daytime - the detected speed becomes inaccurate at night.
    To clear things up, I would like to reiterate that as far as I know, the NLEX people catch speeders going southbound at the Bocaue Toll Barrier...this means that they actually do not have a cop car that would chase down vehicles that go beyond 100km/h...

And about empirical evidence...I will post a picture (or upload a video via YouTube) if ever I catch these crews speeding again...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    They're the cops, it's their prerogative if they want/need to go beyond the speed limit so long as they're on-duty. Now kung off-duty sila and speeding that's another matter entirely.

Anyways, rather than ranting here, why not take note of the vehicle's plate number (or whatever ID number they have posted on it) and call the NLEX hotline about it?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    They're the cops, it's their prerogative if they want/need to go beyond the speed limit so long as they're on-duty. Now kung off-duty sila and speeding that's another matter entirely.
    +1

It's their prerogative. Plus the unofficial speed limit there is around 120kph.

You don't know if they are responding to an emergency or something.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto minosa
    this means that they actually do not have a cop car that would chase down vehicles that go beyond 100km/h...
    I have seen their patrol bikes in action, giving chase to reckless drivers.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    maybe that's how they monitor the other cars' speed. by going over the speed limit and checking who's going faster than them.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I quote myself...

Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    ...the NLEX people catch speeders going southbound at the Bocaue Toll Barrier...they pull over the speeders at the toll gate...

...I will post a picture (or upload a video via YouTube) if ever I catch these crews speeding again...
    I have no idea whether they also catch speeders going northbound and how they do it.

This thread is made just to show the decline of discipline among law enforcers regardless of jurisdiction.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Anyways, rather than ranting here, why not take note of the vehicle's plate number (or whatever ID number they have posted on it) and call the NLEX hotline about it?
    Sir, this is the "Goon Squad HQ". I believe it's my right to say here relevant things that are unfair for my part. I just didn't like the term you used. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    wala naman tayo magagawa diyan. they can always say to their superiors na nagrerespond sila to something or may emergency. we can't expect them to explain to all of us kung magreklamo man tayo. besides they seem ok to me.. sana taasan lang speed limit to..um... 180? hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemica View Post
    wala naman tayo magagawa diyan. they can always say to their superiors na nagrerespond sila to something or may emergency. we can't expect them to explain to all of us kung magreklamo man tayo. besides they seem ok to me.. sana taasan lang speed limit to..um... 180? hehehe
    Seriously, even increasing the speed limit to 120 or 130kph would shorten travel times and make the trip less boring while only marginally increasing FC.

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]