New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i-phase out muna nila ang mga 3rd world na sasakyan... mga owner type jeep, PUJ, tricycle, pedicab
    they won't do it. because it's "anti-poor" :hysterical:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    they won't do it. because it's "anti-poor" :hysterical:
    precisely

most of it are existing already medyo mataas lang yung fine,

if they are serious with this things eh sa registration process pa lang ng mga sasakyan makikita na ang mga to, pra san pa yung checklist ng LTO.

Higpitan lang nila sa registraion at least to minimize if not eliminate.
    May mga no show pa nga sa registration process, pano malalaman kung road worthy pa mga sasakyan na ito

so sakop lahat private man or public vehicles

kung higpitan nila sa registration with the existing rules, sigurado mababawasan traffic, kita pa yung mga negosyante, dami nyan bili n bumbilya

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my thoughts

*Drivers and All Passengers who fail to use seatbelt will be fined P1,500/passenger... - not bad.
    * For carrying more passenger other than the normal seating capacity, a penalty of P1,000/per passenger. - hmm... di ba may anti-overloading law na sa mga puvs? Siguro mas magandang sa mga PUV lang to.
    * For defective accessories such as headlight, tail light, signal light, brake light, side mirror and horn a fine of P1,000 for the violators. - agree with a previous poster, existing na 'to. pero ba't ang dami mo pa ring makikitang naka "euro" -- bulag ang isang ilaw, etc., etc.
    * For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000. - ok lang 'to. pero dapat meron din silang "R&D" arm na magsasabi kung aling aftermarket parts lang ang pwede ala-LTA ng Singapore.
    * Wearing of slippers fine of P500 for the first offense, P700 for the 2nd offense and P1,000 for the 3rd offense and revocation of driver’s license. - for private drivers? for what?
    * Installation of HID headlight 4300K and up color temperature a fine of P5000. - I guess retrofitting ang tinutukoy nila. should fall under sa category nung modification rules nila.
    * Installation Open free flow exhaust pipe other than the original exhaust pipe a fine of P3000. - should be detailed in their modification rules too.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by magster View Post
    2. Confiscate and fined HID headlights 4300k color and up
    absurd. HIDs are there for a reason. they should focus on the retrofitted HIDs. they haven't done proper reasearch on this one.

* For defective accessories such as headlight, tail light, signal light, brake light, side mirror and horn a fine of P1,000 for the violators.
    i know problem tlga to, and it is a cause of accidents. but hey, one time i was driving and i regularly check my lights and replace when busted.

and then one time at SLEX i was almost fined duon dahil patay daw ung 1 kong tail light. i told him na ayos pa un when i left my place.

so pano un? kasalanan pa ba naten kung biglang bumigay ung tail light?

* For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000.
    BS. what's the logic behind this???
    * Wearing of slippers fine of P500 for the first offense, P700 for the 2nd offense and P1,000 for the 3rd offense and revocation of driver’s license.
    lol... i know may reason for this, and it's been pointed out. and i know sometimes sumasabit tsinelas ko... pero how are they gonna implement this? sisilipin nila lahat ng driver kung nakatsinelas ba o hindi? LOL

* Installation Open free flow exhaust pipe other than the original exhaust
    O_o if they're after the emission issue, then they better find a better law to implement than this dumb*$$ one...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    How about TINT? no mention of tint.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Mechanic View Post
    Being a safety advocate. This is for our own and passenger safety. Some of the penalties mentioned are existing and it is not being implemented by LTO.

Let us give them a chance.

Think positive
    I have seen what the "safety police" can do in other countries and it simply creates a society afraid of everything including running over it's own shadow. It also stifles the creativity and freedom of the majority for the benefit of a very small minority.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cammer View Post
    How about TINT? no mention of tint.
    Of course... every Tom, Dick and Harry in the politics or even anyone remotely related to them needs to have heavily tinted vehicles including the front windshield. It's understood tints wouldn't be included.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    g*$*ng LTO yan.yan ang mapapala natin pag unqualified at kulang sa common sense ang nilagay sa pwesto.marami ng na-deviate na human rights yung policy nila ah. they cant strictly enforce it since they are a publicly run agency and not a private entity. kung ano ang sa tingin ng masa na praktikal at makakabuti sa yun ang dapat masunod.

tanong lang: lahat ba ng brand new vehicles ngayun may seatbelt na sa rear seats. ang alam ko entry level models dont have rear seatbelts. the responsibility on rear seatbelts shall be enforced strictly on dealers/sellers. it should be a philippine law not just an LTO policy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000.

Vague ito e...

pagkaintindi ko jan --- leave it stock. If u wana change anything, magpaalam ka muna.

Magpapaalam ka sa LTO kung papalitan mo ng aftermarket rims and tires are iyong car?

Magpapaalam ka sa LTO kung magpapa-tint ka?

Magpapaalam ka sa LTO kung papalitan mo ng K&N ang stock air filter?

Magpapaalam ka sa LTO kung papalitan mo ng Sparco or Momo steering wheel?

How about a shift knob? Recaro or Bride seats? ipapaalam ko lahat yan?

How about the head unit? speakers?

E kung lalagyan ko ng NISMO sticker ang Toyota ko, or TRD sticker sa Mitsubishi ko, ipapaalam ko din sa LTO?!

---

i understand the change color, change motor thing...

pero pati ung mga minor stuff ipapaalam pa sa LTO?

Tapos bawat palit may permit fee?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kinukulang na yata ng magagatasan ang mga government employees..... baka susunod eh mga cases na ng pamamaril sa mga lto officials ang maririnig natin sa news

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
NEW LTO LAW ON 4 WHEELS PRIVATE CAR: soon...