New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in an old popular sci fi series,
    the chief engineer always doubled his estimated downtime.
    that way, he can deliver it in "half the time" and be labeled the "miracle worker".
    OT.
    Well, though I am not an electrical engineer. Rectifier is simply to convert AC Supply to DC Supply.

I wonder if they can simply install in shorter time frame a solar offgrid system with batteries (NiMH, Lead Acid or Li-ion) to get the direct DC output for the power/circuitry for the trains. Then just have an AC system serve as additional input to the batteries to keep the float level maintained.

I doubt the rectifiers were used to run the actual station, they were mainly for the trains.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i don't think those people managing spare parts sa LRT are forward looking

our govt is reactive not proactive
    i agree.

i am not aware of any spare parts depot in our country.
    pano ka naman magkakaron ng spare parts depot, when ang rami raming iba-ibang klaseng sasakyan...? dapat kasi, isang klase lang... including lrt and mrt.
    pag nasira sasakyan... tengga hanggang i-declare as junk. hirap naman i-benta habang salvage-able pa, as there will be...
    sayang rin parking space around the government office...
    rant.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i agree.

i am not aware of any spare parts depot in our country.
    pano ka naman magkakaron ng spare parts depot, when ang rami raming iba-ibang klaseng sasakyan...? dapat kasi, isang klase lang... including lrt and mrt.
    pag nasira sasakyan... tengga hanggang i-declare as junk. hirap naman i-benta habang salvage-able pa, as there will be...
    sayang rin parking space around the government office...
    rant.
    Hindi ba kaya naman ilagay na lang ng maintenance provider na ang spare parts inventory is maximum ito (provided with an item breakdown) given the requirements of the whole system.

Tapos, dapat may clause lang sila sa contract na should their contract not be renewed, the other party (client) guarantees to purchase their spare parts as required by the system to ensure smooth transition to the new service provider.

Hindi ba pwede ganun?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    The govt. doesn't have competent maintenance group like what happened to NAPOCOR, etc., they don't have maintenance program and were not able to forecast the parts/materials that are most likely to fail as recommended by the manufacturer.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is a huge company expense to put up and maintain a good, effective maintenance and pms system.
    it also requires almost inhuman honesty from the personnel.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ang LRT 1 ba private na ang may ari?

I heard an interview yesterday the Government doesn’t want to repeat the mistake of privatizing LRT 2 like what they did with LRT 1.

Talo daw ang gobyerno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

I heard an interview yesterday the Government doesn’t want to repeat the mistake of privatizing LRT 2 like what they did with LRT 1.

Talo daw ang gobyerno.

Yep. Ayala subsidiary ang lrt1.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    It happened to NAPOCOR, the govt. gumagastos but they are not producing power, our company contract, rehabilitate, operate transfer same gastos, but producing power. We witnessed gross corruptions e.g., 30% price padding on parts/materials, pilferage of diesel fuel for their gas turbines and worse adulterating it with water that cause prematue failure of turbine parts. Bosses hijacked the training package intended for maint engineer personnel for their own personal lamierda

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Pero sa kaso ni LRT 1, siya ang pinaka matanda na line vs LRT / MRT 3

Bihira ang breakdowns. To think mas aged ang trains/facilities doon.

Mas okay mag maintain kung privatized?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Talo daw ang gobyerno.

but lrt-1 appears to be the least problematic of the three, even as it is also the oldest.
    being private, maintenance decisions are easier.
    only two questions have to be asked:
    1. will we make money on it?
    2. if yes, how many do you want?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 5th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.