New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    anyone that can drive your car can register it.. no need magpa assist..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    anyone that can drive your car can register it.. no need magpa assist..
    I am aware of that sir. Kaso yung iniwanan ko ng kotse doesn't know how to drive -- literally nasa garahe lang yung sasakyan. I just need to have it registered para walang problema pag binenta later on.

So back to my question: Mayron po kaya dito na may kilalang nagaassist? Like yung mga nagwo-work sa insurance companies? Thanks po ulit.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you're not going to use it for a long time, apply for LTO storage to save on annual registration cost.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    no such thing as extended or extension fee, you got lucky with the numbers kaya lumalabas na extended yung registration mo, experienced this with our 2 cars and a motorcycle...

Quote Originally Posted by jyri View Post
    Hi mga sirs, not sure if this is the correct thread to post my concern but hope you could answer my query.

I have bought my vehicle last October 2013 wherein kasama sa deal iyong free 3 years lto registration. Today, I have just received a call from my SA stating that my plate is already there and ready for pickup. She also stated na my plate number ends with "1".

Sabi nya registered na daw until December 2016 iyon so that would mean na next renewal ko would be on January 2017. However, meron sya sinasabi na need ko bayaran iyon registration extension which would amount to 850php since instead from October 2013 to September 2016 effective iyong registration, meron extension until December 2016 instead.

I have asked if meron sya copy of receipt from LTO wherein that additional expense was stated pero sabi nya from Dealer's Office lang daw na receipt iyong mapoprovide nya.

Ask ko lang po sana if anyone has encountered this scenario and should I really pay the said amount? Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ingrid View Post
    I am aware of that sir. Kaso yung iniwanan ko ng kotse doesn't know how to drive -- literally nasa garahe lang yung sasakyan. I just need to have it registered para walang problema pag binenta later on.

So back to my question: Mayron po kaya dito na may kilalang nagaassist? Like yung mga nagwo-work sa insurance companies? Thanks po ulit.
    Kind of weird, isn't it? Your car caretaker may not know how to drive but he should at least know how to find somebody who can drive him to the nearest LTO office. And that would be smarter than asking help from somebody you did not even meet. Unless your car caretaker does not know how to talk, read, nor write.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Kind of weird, isn't it? Your car caretaker may not know how to drive but he should at least know how to find somebody who can drive him to the nearest LTO office. And that would be smarter than asking help from somebody you did not even meet. Unless your car caretaker does not know how to talk, read, nor write.
    For people who are close-minded, yes, it will look weird. I really don't need to explain the whole situation because I know many people here are broad-minded. But for the sake of you understanding, I will. The person is not a car expert nor a car caretaker by profession. She's our maid and I can't give her full responsibility of my car because that is not part of her job. I am thousands of miles away and I don't have family in Manila anymore. I've asked friends and they can't help, too. This forum used to be my go-to place for car issues 6+ years ago when I was still living in the Philippines. It's sad that someone is speaking like this when a kababayan is in dire need of help. I wouldn't ask here if I had the resources.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    My apology if that's offending but you see, it should have been better if you let us understand your problem from the beginning. Everyone may understand that someone who is a "pinag-iwanan ng kotse" knows how to drive or at least know what to do.

I guess, who can help you now is a mechanic.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jyri View Post
    Sorry sir, medyo nalilito lang po ako, first time ko lang kasi to buy a brand new vehicle.

"1" po kasi iyong ending ng plate number ko, tapos iyong sticker that was provided is 2014, 2015 and 2016. So that would mean na January 2017 na iyong next registration ko right? Also, I think that it should also mean din na registered na iyong vehicle ko from October 2013 to December 2016 tama po ba?

In addition rin po pala, meron na binigay sa akin na OR/CR a few months ago. Iyong extended plate registration po ba is separate fee pa talaga sa LTO? Thanks.
    Tama ang assumption mo, your car was registered up to December 2016 kaya ang renewal mo is January 1, 2017 since ending ng plaka mo is "1". Ang babayaran mo sa LTO is yung month from October to December 2016 dahil lumalabas extended na yan dahil, supposed to be, ang ika 3 years registration ng car mo is up to October 2016 lang. Inextend na yan dahil ang talagang renewal month ng plaka ending in "1" is every January talaga.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by larry0609; April 12th, 2014 at 07:55 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
LTO registration? 3 years?