New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,139
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Yes, una ganyan din ang isip ng pinsan ko. But after consulting with 2 lawyers, naging praning na sya. Pwede daw po kasi iendorse sa nbi yun for further investigation. Ask ko lng po if lawyer po yun background ninyo? Thank you po.
    i am not a lawyer.
    but i want to believe that i have some pretty common sense inside my head.
    heh heh.

    do these two lawyers have information regarding such cases na tinuluyang kinasuhan nga...?
    similar ba sa pinsan mo ang background ng mga kinasuhan ?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 5th, 2020 at 11:34 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    36,813
    #12
    Eh di magpasama siya LTO doon sa 2 lawyers na nagpa consult siya.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am not a lawyer.
    but i want to believe that i have some pretty common sense inside my head.
    heh heh.

    do these two lawyers have information regarding such cases na tinuluyang kinasuhan nga...?
    similar ba sa pinsan mo ang background ng mga kinasuhan ?

    Nope, 1st lawyer consulted was a relative, an expert annulment lawyer. Second lawyer consulted was an all around lawyer. They don't know any case na medyo similar from LTO na nakasuhan. They are just merely basing on the book na may paglabag ginawa yun pinsan ko thus if he explains himself via sworn affidavit. He may be incriminating himself because that evidence can be used against him in the future if there in case there is a case na.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,139
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Eh di magpasama siya LTO doon sa 2 lawyers na nagpa consult siya.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iba consultation fee,
    iba appearance fee.
    baka nga mas mataas pa yan kaysa penalty fee ni pinsan.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Eh di magpasama siya LTO doon sa 2 lawyers na nagpa consult siya.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both lawyers have the same advice. Just ignore the show cause order and don't drive na in the future. Just hire drivers daw.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,139
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Nope, 1st lawyer consulted was a relative, an expert annulment lawyer. Second lawyer consulted was an all around lawyer. They don't know any case na medyo similar from LTO na nakasuhan. They are just merely basing on the book na may paglabag ginawa yun pinsan ko thus if he explains himself via sworn affidavit. He may be incriminating himself because that evidence can be used against him in the future if there in case there is a case na.
    my opinion is,
    just go to the LTO.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my opinion is,
    just go to the LTO.

    Ganyan din nasa isip ko sa LTO lng talaga maaayos yan. May risk lng na mafile sya ng criminal charges kapag minalas malas sya.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,139
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    Ganyan din nasa isip ko sa LTO lng talaga maaayos yan. May risk lng na mafile sya ng criminal charges kapag minalas malas sya.
    if they so wish, they can file charges whether your pinsan appears or not.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    50
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if they so wish, they can file charges whether your pinsan appears or not.
    You have a point. Prior to the explanation, I think LTO doesn't have any evidence against you, after the affidavit of explanation plus some documents you will submit, they will have evidence at their disposal and it is at their discretion whether they will file a case or not. Yan po sabi ng lawyer.

  10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,046
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by konichiwa888 View Post
    You have a point. Prior to the explanation, I think LTO doesn't have any evidence against you, after the affidavit of explanation plus some documents you will submit, they will have evidence at their disposal and it is at their discretion whether they will file a case or not. Yan po sabi ng lawyer.
    Well, it is not that no evidence kasi nga flagged na yung both license niya because of matching biometrics on both licenses. But whether or not file-an siya ng case, without fixing it, wala na siyang driver's license for the time being.

    So he either faces LTO for the expected fines and hintay na lang ano pa penalty impose nila, whether bawal magapply for license for 1 year or 2. Criminal charges would be secondary since once may charges, so magkakacourt case, dun pa lang papasok attorney talaga sa picture right?

    Kasi weird naman na dadalhin din attorney sa LTO at this point in time kasi hindi pa alam anu need gawin/mangyari kasi "flagged" pa lang yung biometrics niya with both licenses.

    He admittedly did do it, so he has to face the consequences for that decision sooner or later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

LTO Double License