New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    maybe you don't have one or you just don't really care with your license plate condition

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Dapat talaga hulihin ang mga tilted plates, tinted plate covers, dirty plates, special plates covering real plates, & commemorative plates/special plates covering real plates for the reason na nadedefeat ang purpose of having plates, which is to easily identify the owner. If clear plate covers obscure the plate at night then so be it, ibawal na din. Ang problema lang dito madaling mananakaw ang plates mo pag walang cover. Sa Makati police station lang one night 2 kaagad naabutan kong nagrereklamo ng stolen plates.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    you are very right sir, kung manakaw na ang mga plaka natin e di mas malaki ang violation natin dahil may "no plate, no travel" policy tayo, butas talaga ang batas natin, no wonder kaya ang daming engot sa kalsada eh...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We use dark tinted glass covers, pero very visible naman. Commemorative plate only sa harap, yung plate number sa rear nilagyan ng tint kasi (originally nasa harap yun) may nabangga jan at natanggal yung kulay. No trouble naman whatsoever. We even had the people at LTO attach the registration sticker on top of the tinted plate cover! Pati yung cover ng commemorative plate! We've never been flagged down due to the sole display of the commemorative plate in front or due to the tinted covers. Even if we're in Makati and there was an officer directly in front of us. I'm thinking it was because of the LTO registration sticker on top of the cover of the commemorative plate. Personally, regarding the display of both the commemorative plate and the standard plate, mukhang ang baduy... The bumper of the car is designed to hold one plate, and not two.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    you're very right sir, mga trying hard lang ang gumagawa na pagsamahin sa isang bumper ang dalawang plaka, yung iba naman, bibili ng european plate tapos tatakpan din naman ng standard plate, pwede namang idikit na lang nila ang commemorative plate sa hood para kitang-kita hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    In my opinion, mas maganda sana kung makuha natin ang official stand ng mga motorists associations and clubs like AAP (formerly PMA), HCP, TCAP, etc. about this matter. Kasi sila ang nasa magandang position to lobby with the LTO and other governmental agencies to clarify or even ammend the pertinent provisions governing license plate covers.

Sa mga nahuli na po sa Makati, is it true na meron daw City Ordinance ang Makati na nagbabawal sa vehicle plate covers? Or are they citing the LTO's regulations on this? And magkano ba talaga ang fine? Some are saying P2,500.00, yung kausap ko naman last week sabi niya P3,000.00, but the fine indicated at the LTO website indicates only P500.00 (for "Improper display of a motor vehicle permanent plate").

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    sir question lang about sa tilt plate. i noticed that some of motorist they have tilt plate question is if the tilt plate is illegal? i want to buy one para hindi magasgas yung harap ng car ko. thanks po mga paps

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe.. plate number kasama sa resale value ng sasakyan... kaya i want to protect mine with CLEAR plate covers...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    i believe.. plate number kasama sa resale value ng sasakyan... kaya i want to protect mine with CLEAR plate covers...

Plate number reflects how the owner take care of his car

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Plate number reflects how the owner take care of his car
    I agree with these observations just as well.

My cars have clear plate covers; never been pulled over anywhere in the Metro.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
License plate cover, is it illegal?