New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Paseo de Roxas coming from EDSA-Buendia is a favorite hang out of the MAPSA boys for coding violators and beating the red light so once mag yellow ang stop light, tigil na kayo.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kainis yang ginagawa nila. Mostly private cars ang hinuhuli samantalang yang mga bus, PUJ at taxi pinapabayaan nila. Saka yang mga pedicabs at trikes na yan dumadami na maski sa main roads tinatakbo na nila samantlang dapat sa mga loob-looban lang na daan sila

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    These sites I'll be listing aren't necessarily "kotong" spots (but I'm sure some are), since they're the usual hang-outs of traffic enforcers.

1. EDSA-Shaw Blvd intersection (above the underpass)
    2. Julia Vargas - San Miguel Ave. intersection going to Megamall
    3. Buendia - South Super Highway intersection (below the flyover)
    4. Shaw Blvd - Pioneer intersection - inner lane must turn left
    5. EDSA - Ortigas Ave. intersection (below the flyovers)
    6. EDSA going to Ayala Ave - don't use the yellow lane ;)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I want to add to this.. the road coming from Nagtahan before you turn left to Osmeña Highway, I think that's Quirino Ave..

If you're going straight towards Taft Ave and Roxas Blvd. and not turning left at Osmeña, make sure you are in the 2 rightmost lanes (4th&5th lanes according to the "officers") otherwise you'll be charged with swerving.

The kotong cops (mmda boys?) are waiting just after that intersection. I saw a parade of private cars there last Aug. 21 (a Fri. holiday). For sure they acquired much kotong money there that time. :boo: :bruce_lee:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I want to add to this.. the road coming from Nagtahan before you turn left to Osmeña Highway, I think that's Quirino Ave..

If you're going straight towards Taft Ave and Roxas Blvd. and not turning left at Osmeña, make sure you are in the 2 rightmost lanes (4th&5th lanes according to the "officers") otherwise you'll be charged with swerving.

The kotong cops (mmda boys?) are waiting just after that intersection. I saw a parade of private cars there last Aug. 21 (a Fri. holiday). For sure they acquired much kotong money there that time. :boo: :bruce_lee:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Manila:

Abad santos: Price: P200
    chocolate boys standby sa ilalim ng LRT betweem R.Papa and Abad Santos. nanghuhula ng violation, on the spot pa ang tubos!

Yuseco St. Abad Santos ave. Price: P100
    sa pinakaintersection and stop light! huli ka kahit go pa!

R.papa station Price: P100
    Huli ka kahit traffic, inabutan ng stoplight, pero yung asa likod, hindi hinuli

Morayta to Recto Price: P150
    Blue boys to mga to! hanap ako parking, hinuli na ko! alang masabing violation? la pa ata sa qouta!

Navotas, Pier to Roxas Blvd. P400 (twice in the same intersection)
    kahit walang painted lane sa road, no arrow nor signs, hatulan ka ng swerving then reckless driving na, mga beterano na mga toh, mga uugod ugod na eh

Quirino ave cor street ng Harizon Plaza Price: P200
    eto mga walang hiya! di na sinabi violation ko, hiningan agad ako ng 300! then doblehin ko daw kase dalawang pulis daw yun! i was talking to a lower rank police in tshirt, then there were two in uniform! Holdup?

Batangas St. cor Rizal Ave. Price: Priceless! (talino eh)
    Eto mga mga matsing! hinuli ako coding, e may exemption ako, di daw effective sa Manila yun, E bakit pa tinawag na Metro "MANILA" Development Authority and since ang MMDA ang nag pa implement nito in the first place, thus i have a legally authorized written exemption from MMDA which dictates that i am not covered of the vehicle reduction program/colour coding scheme by any means until its expiration date unless in municipalities that have ordinances which implement colour coding scheme 7am-7pm and any exemptions is ineffective.i did not heard or was informed of any ordinance in Manila that any exemptions of the colour coding scheme is not honored nor justified. Hindi Makati ang Manila! Mas Matalino to uy!

hehehe yung mga price dyan, yan yung mga hinihingi nilang lagay, but isang beses lang ako nakapaglagay, sa Abad Santos. First Time lang eh, kinabahan pa Ngayon? Daanin sa Diplomasya! Huwag sa Alkansya! hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sa may trader's hotel sa roxas blvd. nanghahabol mga mmda/pulis dun.. lagi nila charge, swerving at reckless driving!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Motorist shouldn't avoid the hot spot lalo na pag may oras kayo to fight them.
    Kontest agad, pag wala gumalaw sa media like Imbestigador or bitag sabay demanda pag hinde parin nag bago. Kikita pa kayo ng malaki haha

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=3]Kotong Alert! : [/SIZE]
    Watch out for these TRIO along Del Monte Ave
    corner A. Bonifacio Ave QC

Their usual modus is to post themselves along Del Monte Ave then wait for motorists coming from A. Bonifacio. Kahit green or orange pa yung traffic light pagtawid mo at medyo nahuli ka ng tawid (due to slow traffic transition in that area kc dun nagko-converge ang vehicles coming from Mayon at A. Boni) ay huhulihin ka nila. You may try your best to reason out with them but it will be to no avail. Kesyo beating the red light ka daw. Anak ng putsa . . . pano nila nakita yung traffic light e pagkalayo-layo nila! Malinaw na kotongan ang gusto nila. Gumamit lang ako ng padrino kanina kaya ako pinalusot. I don't usually resort to name-dropping pero in this situation na gaguhan na e siguro naman justified yun.

These TRIO consists of 2 yellow boys and 1 policeman, all in MCs. Their sked is usually from 4pm to 6pm. You'll never miss them once you drive by that area.

Last edited by jjmd3_787; October 19th, 2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: tao lang po ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Kotong Alert