New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Thanks! What type of supporting documents do yo have? The dealer gave me a memo from LTO stating the assigned plate numbers. Not sure if that would be enough in case masita ng MMDA.

Also, did you remove the conduction stickers when you put the improvised plates?
    butting in.
    them's all the documents you need.
    plus ORCR.

in my experience,
    they don't stop just about any car, for documents check.
    they stop you when there is reason to, as in, driving thru a red light, or in a vehicular accident, or in coding...

i keep my conduction stickers on, until the permanent plates are installed.
    in fact, they're still on! after 14 years... lalang.. tamad.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i see new cars with old 3 alpha + 3 numeric green plates.. are those improvised plates as well?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    i see new cars with old 3 alpha + 3 numeric green plates.. are those improvised plates as well?
    err... how new is new?
    because really new cars, can not have the old 3-letter-3-digit plates. these were discontinued sometime in late 2013 or early 2014. what followed it, is the current 3-letter-4-digit design.

but if your observation is right, that they are really new 2018-2019 cars,
    these might be old plates illegally installed on new cars. an astute authority figure can easily make the connection and arrest these vehicles.
    someone here, earlier mentioned that they might be the tail-end of the old series. but if 2018-2019 model cars...??

ang nangyari kasi in 2014,
    nakipag-deal ang lto or ltfrb sa isang plates manufacturer noon. they were to make replacement 3-letter-3-digit plates for older cars, as well as new 3-letter-4-digit plates for new cars.
    naka-deliver naman si manufacturer ng #1 and #2 ending numbers, for both brand new cars and replacement for older cars still sporting the green on white design.
    but very few replacement #3's were issued, because government by then, decided the contract was anomalous, and halted it. my car is EP3, and i still have to receive my replacement black on white plates.
    a number of plates were still in the pier when it happened, and they had remained there since.
    recently, i read that government has decided to release these "hostaged plates", to the rightful vehicles.
    what you are seeing, are probably those recently-released hostaged plates or the earlier-released ones.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 17th, 2019 at 03:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    err... how new is new?
    because really new cars, can not have the old 3-letter-3-digit plates. these were discontinued sometime in late 2013 or early 2014. what followed it, is the current 3-letter-4-digit design.
    Pwede pa doc, AAA-123.

Special plates.

Under the table.

25k each.

Inoferan ako some months ago.

I refused, mahal eh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Pwede pa doc, AAA-123.

Special plates.

Under the table.

25k each.

Inoferan ako some months ago.

I refused, mahal eh.
    puede rin nga.
    they were still available options in the early part of the new plates design, but had been subsequently suspended "temporarily".
    under the table...? hirap na. my nightmare is, binayaran nga, hindi naman nagpakita ang plakang inorder. kapareho pa ng isang kotse ko yung EP ng dumating! hirap mag-complain.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    puede rin nga.
    they were still available options in the early part of the new plates design, but had been subsequently suspended "temporarily".
    under the table...? hirap na. my nightmare is, binayaran nga, hindi naman nagpakita ang plakang inorder. kapareho pa ng isang kotse ko yung EP ng dumating! hirap mag-complain.
    Yung friend ko, kumagat sa offer.

Para iwas coding daw.

At para "888" swerte ending.

Bumili lang last May.

Tingnan natin.

Balitaan kita.

But so far, all his under the table with this guy materialized naman.

This will be his 5th one if ever.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Yung friend ko, kumagat sa offer.

Para iwas coding daw.

At para "888" swerte ending.

Bumili lang last May.

Tingnan natin.

Balitaan kita.

But so far, all his under the table with this guy materialized naman.

This will be his 5th one if ever.
    i haven't bought a brand new car for some years now, precisely because i thought i can't choose my EP.
    if this is true...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    butting in.
    them's all the documents you need.
    plus ORCR.

in my experience,
    they don't stop just about any car, for documents check.
    they stop you when there is reason to, as in, driving thru a red light, or in a vehicular accident, or in coding...

i keep my conduction stickers on, until the permanent plates are installed.
    in fact, they're still on! after 14 years... lalang.. tamad.
    Thanks!

I always remove the conduction stickers on my cars as soon as I get the official plates. Not sure though if I can do that with virtual plates.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    puede rin nga.
    They're vanity plates, w/ official LTO receipts.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They're vanity plates, w/ official LTO receipts.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    yespo.
    but the lto's official message portal said that they were officially temporarily discontinued. my SA says to me the same.
    that, to me, means, whatever they are doing now, it might just be illegal.

but if it were legal in every sense...
    i'm interested!
    Last edited by dr. d; July 17th, 2019 at 03:54 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast