New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I backed up into a car and the other car had a very minor dent on the front bumper. Mine was unharmed. It was settled already that I will just pay the damages and other party agreed. It was a minor accident but I can't stop thinking about it. I'm too scared to drive again. I guess it also adds that I have depression. Can anyone share their experiences? I can't seem to move on from this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    ...also adds that I have depression...
    go seek professional help

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    You learn from experience.

Na settle mo na naman sa other party kaya no need to worry about it.

Kung hindi mo pa kaya mag drive magpahinga ka muna.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah. If you've settled, no more issues.

Drive long enough \and you will have accidents, no matter how careful you are. That's the price of living in a country where any idiot who can sign their name can get a license.

If it's too stressful, avoid driving. So much more relaxing to let a taxi driver or Uber driver do it for you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    I backed up into a car and the other car had a very minor dent on the front bumper. Mine was unharmed. It was settled already that I will just pay the damages and other party agreed. It was a minor accident but I can't stop thinking about it. I'm too scared to drive again. I guess it also adds that I have depression. Can anyone share their experiences? I can't seem to move on from this.
    Use your negative thoughts to positive instead. Think of it as a room for improvement, so that next time you'll be more careful and aware. Hey, everybody commits mistake and its a fact, learn from it and do better the next time. Cars are intended to be damaged or bumped, that is why there are those things that they call "Bumpers". I don't say you can just bump your car and its ok because there is a bumper, it is there to at least protect you but you must do your part not to use it (bumper). Life has its journeys, there are ups and downs, but the most important thing about this is how you get up from a fall. Don't worry Sir, most of us experienced worst than yours, but were still here, we just kept on learning and moving forward.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Back in college, we were drinking in a friend's house. Naubos na yung beer so we had to buy again. We used my car since I was then the only one with one. I was so drunk that I fell asleep while driving & hit the back of a jeep. Good thing no one was going up or down the jeepney, otherwise baka naputol legs niya or namatay. My car's hood was wrecked so we had it towed. Nawala lasing ko when we were in the police station. Took me a while back then to drive again. Now I'm careful driving lalo na pag nakainom (which dapat hindi na nga). You'll get over it, minor accident lang yan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Mistakes? Nah....think experience! We learn from em & become better.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There's a first in everything, including accidents of this sort.

A slight nudge is nothing (really). Most vehicle bumpers nowadays can be "heated" back to its original shape. If there's no paint damage, it will look like nothing happened.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Thank you guys for the replies. Medyo nahimasmasan na ako. I think I will take a break from driving for a while.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Lilipas din yan. Nakabangga ako dati ng taxi dahil biglang sumingit ayun karambola sa isa pang taxi sa unahan. Dahil ako ang nasa huli ako pa nagbayad sa mga hinayupak. Kung yung ganitong experience e nalipasan ko e malamang mas lalo mong malilipasan yang syo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast