New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ Not true in all cases.

It's the borrowers responsibility. Yung original CR, nasa bangko pero yung original OR, nasa borrower. Hindi naman kailangan ng original na CR sa registration, kahit photocopy lang, pero original na OR, kailangan. Since na kay borrower naman yung OR, kaya niyang mapa-rehistro yun.

Sa Unionbank, (which financed my car loan), never nilang hiningi yung OR. I had with me the original OR and a xerox copy of the CR. Although nung mabayaran ko na in full yung loan ko, ni-release na nila yung original CR, along with the other documents.

But in our bank, nasa amin pareho yung original CR at OR. Come registration renewal time, we ask the borrower to sign an undertaking promising to surrender the original OR/CR in one week's time, or suffer penalties.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa BDO kasi nasa kanila yung original OR and CR.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    same thing with PSBank...they have the original CR and OR

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *Galactus,

What bank are you working for?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so papaano ang procedure pag nasa bank pa ang original OR / CR?? sino mag re register??

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ As I mentioned in my post, kung parehong nasa banko yung original OR/CR, then its up to the borrower to go to the bank's Head Office and borrow the OR/CR. Normally, he will have to sign an undertaking promising to return both documents in a week (depende sa banko), for registration renewal purposes. May template naman yung banko ng ganyang dokumento, so its simply a matter of encoding the borrower's name and address.

In my case (Union Bank), nasa akin naman ang original OR at may xerox copy naman ako ng CR, so emission test at COC lang, puwede nang magpa-rehistro. I never provided my bank an updated OR, and never din naman sila nanghingi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    so papaano ang procedure pag nasa bank pa ang original OR / CR?? sino mag re register??
    The renewal of registration of cars is the responsibility of the car owner. Unless you have prior arrangements with your bank, ikaw pa rin magpaparegister. If the original OR is with your bank, you'll have to get it from them. AFAIK, usually, nasa branch lang yung mga documents and not with the head office.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^^ 2 years ? :shocked2: Grabe naman yan....OA. Kung 5 years pwede pa.
    OA and non-environmental friendly pa. Mahilig naman talaga sila sa mga disposable eh... disposable cameras, disposable panties, you name it, I think they invented it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The renewal of registration of cars is the responsibility of the car owner. Unless you have prior arrangements with your bank, ikaw pa rin magpaparegister. If the original OR is with your bank, you'll have to get it from them. AFAIK, usually, nasa branch lang yung mga documents and not with the head office.

Yup, ikawa ang responsible sa pag-paparegister ng sasakyan mo. Normally, you will need a photocopy of the CR and the ORIGINAL OR.

But if you go through "brokers" to register your car, some can do it even if you don't have the ORIGINAL OR, kahit zerox lang kaya na nila yun. Just ask around. HTH.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Due na ako for car registration this week (Avanza) after the 3-year registration. Pumunta ako sa emission test center kanina. ng nakita ang photocopy ng rehistro ko, sabi kaagad sa akin baka magka problem. Sulat kamay kasi ang plate number.

Ayun nga, hini uploaded sa satabase ng stradcom ang plate numebr ko. have to pat 1,000.00 petot to "insert" the plate number. it will take 1 week para ma update. so now, I also have to pay the late registration fee next week.

Grrrrr...

"This is a totally unrelated comment but I hope it can help other readers. My 2006 Honda Civic is due for renewal of registration after 3 years. When I had it taken for smoke emission testing, surprise the plate number isn't even uploaded yet in the database of LTO. Now what is the 3 year registration for? I thought at first this would be better but it brought me even more headaches. That was not the end of my troubles. Turns out I have to shell out some additional cash for registration since I bought the car in May of 2006 and the plate number is ending in zero. I thought that when I bought the car whatever additional costs for registration should have been told to me then and there but sad to say I wasn't.

Same thing happened to me before with my Toyota Revo which I bought in 2003. A year later when I was to renew the registration, I was told that I had to shell out additional cash since the ending was also zero and I bought it several months earlier. Wonder how come the dealerships don't mention that. I argued with Toyota that when I asked if there was any additional amount to be paid then for registration they said no and now because of their irresponsibility I will have to suffer." - colossus*
    Last edited by meledson; March 9th, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Good for 3 years registration for cars