New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    my understanding of the 3 year registration system for new cars, is because a brand new car can basically be driven safe for 3 years without any major safety concern. but after the three years whats to say the car will still be in top condition for the next three years when its left at the mercy of the owner.

from what i have heard in japan, when a car is 2 years old it cant be registered anymore.. correct me if i am wrong. but isnt that the reason we have so many 2nd hand cars coming into the country..

australia on the other hand have really old cars running around.. but it has to go through a very strict safety check for it to be road worthy..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ 2 years ? :shocked2: Grabe naman yan....OA. Kung 5 years pwede pa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ 2 years ? :shocked2: Grabe naman yan....OA. Kung 5 years pwede pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    pahabol mga sir, how about if you purchased your car through bank payable w/in 4 years, sino mag renew ng registration is it you or the bank?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaw888 View Post
    ano po consequences if ma-late pagregister ng isang buwan lang naman?? kaso ibabyahe sya from bicol to qc where it is originally registered.thanks
    Pag late registration, ang penalty is 50% of the registration fee. Pwede mo ipa-renew ang registration anywhere in the Phils.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by forceG View Post
    pahabol mga sir, how about if you purchased your car through bank payable w/in 4 years, sino mag renew ng registration is it you or the bank?
    It is the responsibility of the car owner to renew the registration of the car. Bibigyan mo nalang ng copy ng O.R. yung bank.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    It is the responsibility of the car owner to renew the registration of the car. Bibigyan mo nalang ng copy ng O.R. yung bank.
    thanks boybi.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    Mga tsikoteers tanong ko lang, hindi ba kapag bago ang sasakyan, kapag newly registered ito, for example ngayon ako kumuha ng sasakyan so ito ay registered from 2009 - 2012.

Paano naman kung magpapa-renew ng registration? Pwede rin ba yung 3 years ulit kasi hassle din yung yearly kang magpa-renew ng car registration. Ako kasi yearly ang renewal, gusto ko sana next time good for at least 3 years yung registration ng car. I suppose times 3 din ang bayad mo sa renewal but at least isang araw na lakaran nalang tapos after 3 years ka na ulit magpaparenew.
    just by coincidence..

a comment posted at philstar.com' Motoring section (The Deluge by A. Leuterio)

"This is a totally unrelated comment but I hope it can help other readers. My 2006 Honda Civic is due for renewal of registration after 3 years. When I had it taken for smoke emission testing, surprise the plate number isn't even uploaded yet in the database of LTO. Now what is the 3 year registration for? I thought at first this would be better but it brought me even more headaches. That was not the end of my troubles. Turns out I have to shell out some additional cash for registration since I bought the car in May of 2006 and the plate number is ending in zero. I thought that when I bought the car whatever additional costs for registration should have been told to me then and there but sad to say I wasn't.

Same thing happened to me before with my Toyota Revo which I bought in 2003. A year later when I was to renew the registration, I was told that I had to shell out additional cash since the ending was also zero and I bought it several months earlier. Wonder how come the dealerships don't mention that. I argued with Toyota that when I asked if there was any additional amount to be paid then for registration they said no and now because of their irresponsibility I will have to suffer." - colossus*
    [SIZE=1]*handle is listed as Tsikot member[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hmmm...what a coincidence. Same thing happened to my 2006 Civic FD. When I had it emission-tested this July 2009, the technician declined to release the results, since he claimed the registration details haven't been uploaded yet. Pinalakad ko sa staff ko sa LTO Novaliches, and within the day, na-upload na nila. Didn't pay anything though.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kailangan nang OR / CR.. since nasa banko pa yung OR / CR mo.. sila dapat mag renew nyan..

Quote Originally Posted by forceG View Post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Good for 3 years registration for cars