New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Dapat ang provincial buses when travelling along EDSA 40kph lang din sila but will automatically allowed to go beyond that if they reaches the expressway.

Imagine, byaheng Albay pero 40kph lang
    urat na mga pasahero nasa Quezon pa lang sila
    yung mga m.manila buses ata ang mauuna.
    then yung prov.buses, eventually may speed limits din, sa edsa.

di pwede sa prov. buses yung 40kph lang.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; February 27th, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sana nga matuloy ito

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yung bomba nakatapat lang sa driver's seat, kaya walang madadamay na pasahero. Hmmmm!!!! ;)
    Ganyan nga. Fireworks display tayo sa EDSA nyan.

Speed limits for provincial buses on the highway would definitely be a higher; i'd estimate they'd peg it at around 80kph thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    i hope this solves the frequent deadly accidents i see on tv for the past few weeks. almost always involving busses and trucks losing their brakes.

this should work given that bus drivers will have a monthly salary instead of commission basis.

praying na maging successful......for safer roads in manila.
    I agree to this. The salary system also has to be changed and this has been pointed out time and again by many sectors. In fact, the city buses are one thing that i think can be controlled and monopolized by the government.

At those getting into accidents because "nawalang ng preno"; had they not been going fast in the first place, even if they lose their brakes they could still properly control the vehicle and avoid any accident.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pointless and stupid.

If they want less accidents and want to serve the public better, cancel all the bus franchises, lease all the buses and implement a Bus Rapid Transport system.

But then again this is the Philippines. Everything should be as inefficient as possible.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    40 is too low. A GPS or chip enabled 60 km/h limiter inside city limits and 80 km/h outside will be perfect.

40 km/h is just under the edge for fuel economy. A brick like a bus would hit best economy around 50-60 km/h, because it's not fighting frictional losses from the tires and drivetrain all the time at those speeds. (If the buses were more streamlined, they'd be more economical at 80 km/h... but that would require modifying the entire Philippine fleet extensively)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Speed limits for provincial buses on the highway would definitely be a higher; i'd estimate they'd peg it at around 80kph thereabouts.
    (...)
    At those getting into accidents because "nawalang ng preno"; had they not been going fast in the first place, even if they lose their brakes they could still properly control the vehicle and avoid any accident.
    90kmph for provincial buses and 60kmph for urban buses sound reasonable.

As far as brake failures go, it's worth to note that diesel-powered heavy-duty vehicles are usually fitted with exhaust-brakes, and often even with a hydraulic "retarder", and these devices not just overcome the lack of engine-braking power from a diesel engine but also increase the brake capability at all. It ends up being not so unusual for some diesel-powered heavy-duty vehicles to have an increased brake pads useful life than a comparable CNG-powered one would have. Once a provincial bus driver told me he could drive for some long distances even thru hilly terrain without the usage of the main brake...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Sana this will make the road safer. Yung sa driver seat kahit hindi na bomba, electric shock lang to remind him. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    dapat kasi government ang nagpapatakbo ng bus system sa MM at bawasan na ang mga pasaway na owner ng private bus companies, or MM LGUs, para naman hindi mag-reklamo ang mga nasa probinsya. Inuuna kasi ang pabahay sa mga parasite na squatters eh.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    i think its a band aid solution. i agree with niky that 40 or 45kph is to slow.
    di naman problema ang bilis eh. ang probleman naguunahan or it is more like racing with each other.
    overspeeding is very much different sa reckless driving(swerving dito swerving doon)
    tapos pag nakauna pa, ginagawang terminal. nagbabayad pa lang yata sa mall yung sasakay hinihintay na. ang mabigat dito diagonal pa hinto sa edsa. :twak:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    i think its a band aid solution. i agree with niky that 40 or 45kph is to slow.
    di naman problema ang bilis eh. ang probleman naguunahan or it is more like racing with each other.
    overspeeding is very much different sa reckless driving(swerving dito swerving doon)
    tapos pag nakauna pa, ginagawang terminal. nagbabayad pa lang yata sa mall yung sasakay hinihintay na. ang mabigat dito diagonal pa hinto sa edsa. :twak:
    So mas feasible nga yung lagyan ng bomba or electric shocker yung drivers seat.

May mga kumokontra na:

Excerpts from: Regulators to set 40 km/h speed limit for Metro buses | BusinessWorld Online Edition
    Alex R. Yague, president of the Provincial Bus Operators Association of the Philippines, was critical of the scheme.

"We support all government regulations, but I think there should be a consultation on the part of the bus operators," Mr. Yague said.

"Why only buses? Why not private vehicles too?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"Future bus speed limit for Metro Manila buses: 40 km/hr"