New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Iba talaga ilong ko. Sabi ko dati ang diesel eh yosi kadiri on steroids.

So meron pala ako kagaya na hate ang desel kaso foreigner na vinavalue health. Sana pinoy mamulat na. Hinid na pwede utak jeepney driver.

imagine ang dami nyo nabola sa pa-euro-euro. Kung ano-ano data(volkswagen scandal) nilabas na kesyo malinis pero hindi ako naniwala. Mas effective yung ilong ko. Kulang na lang kunin ako sa NASA

Why Diesel Needs to Die
    Good riddance to bad diesels.
    BY JACK BARUTH OCT 1, 2015

Geoffrey Chaucer says of the Prioress in his Canterbury Tales that her grasp of French was limited to the way it was spoken in rural England. So too is my knowledge of French limited to the way it was taught to me at an Ohio university by an Egyptian expatriate. Really, I should keep it to myself, but there are some things that are best said in French, like "affaire de coeur" or "Je ne t'aime pas."

To that list we can now add "obligation dramaturgique," which roughly translates as "the need to be seen to be doing something." It's the sort of affliction that primarily strikes the insecure, the moronic, and the governmental. Case in point: According to Greenpeace, road transportation accounts for under ten percent of greenhouse-gas emissions worldwide. Yet in their haste to honor the obligation dramaturgique, officials of the European Union and Britain enacted laws that made the construction and sale of diesel-powered automobiles all but mandatory. Why? Well, diesels tend to emit less CO2 because they tend to have less power because diesels have traditionally been weaker and slower and... you know what, that's a rabbit hole all by itself, so let's skip it.

The important thing is that Western democracies encouraged diesel even though they were perfectly aware of the health hazards posed by diesel particulate exhaust. Those risks are far better documented than even the most "settled" climate science, and they are very real. Yet the Eurocrats chose diesel in order to be seen to be doing something about global warming, and the manufacturers had to abide by their choice.

The result? Paris has had to ban cars for hours or even days at a time because of smog. According to The Guardian, "diesel-related health problems cost (the British National Health Service) more than 10 times as much as comparable problems caused by petrol fumes. Last year the UN's World Health Organisation declared that diesel exhaust caused cancer and was comparable in its effects to secondary cigarette smoking."

And that was when people thought that these diesels were meeting pollution standards! Now, of course, we know that many of them were not, and that even the diesel cars that weren't designed to cheat the tests are not performing in the real world the way they do in the test labs. In other words, diesel-powered automobiles are killing people, and in not inconsiderable numbers. The jury is in and the evidence is clear.

So let's ban them. Let's wipe the diesel-powered passenger car from the earth. Maybe we can't do anything about diesel heavy-duty trucks, although the idea of creating a proper gasoline-powered Kenworth seems slightly less difficult than, say, landing a remote-controlled vehicle on Mars and having it live on distant sunlight. But we can absolutely put the kibosh on diesel cars and light trucks.

Not everybody will be pleased by this. The modern diesel pickup has many fans who cite its near-infinite lifespan and prodigious towing power. What they fail to consider is what they'd get if they spent the six-thousand-dollar upcharge for a diesel on a gasoline engine designed for long life and high power. Diesels are more durable not because of the Diesel combustion process—that's actually kind of hellish, as anybody who owned an Oldsmobile "conversion" 350 diesel can attest—but because they are built to a higher standard of materials and engineering. There's nothing that prevents the automakers from building a gasoline engine that lasts as long as a Cummins diesel, except your willingness to pay the cost of that option.

There are also some people who really like the high torque and carefree nature of diesel passenger cars. Again, they can have that same engine characteristic in a gasoline-powered car. Just ask anyone who owned a BMW 528e. That thing revved and behaved like a diesel. It's not rocket science, or if it is it's at least not the very forefront of rocket science. Many of the modern small-turbo gas engines, with their computer-controlled torque plateau and dislike of high revs, might as well be diesels.

What other reason is there to love fuel oil? Certainly not the characteristics of the chemical itself. It's slippery, it stinks to high heaven, it doesn't evaporate. In the winter it's fussy and in the summer the fumes are miserable. In 2006, I drove a Mercedes E320 CDI diesel around the country for the Cannonball One Lap and at no time whatsoever did I not wish that I was in an E320 gasoline-powered Mercedes. Particularly not when I was dodging lot lizards and tidepools of rainbow-slick spilled diesel in order to get to the commercial counter at the Pilot station so I could stand for ten minutes behind some leviathan trucker in sweat-stained overalls who wanted to play the lottery one dollar at a time.

For me, the final nail in diesel's coffin was my trip to Barcelona earlier this year to drive the new Miata. Few places on this still-green Earth are as lovely as Spain in the spring and as I hustled the little Mazda up and down the coastline I felt blessed to be alive. Yet every time I pulled up behind another car, I was choked by the Freightliner stench of an imperfectly-tuned diesel engine. Every small car, every minivan, every family sedan. Diesel all of them, and most of them stank, and some of them smoked. It made me wonder why anybody in Europe would buy a convertible.

Maybe the unelected mandarins of Brussels thought diesel would be good for the planet, but were their luxury apartments and private-jet travel so elevated, so rarefied, that they were unable to smell the evidence of their stupidity? Or are the sort of people who feel the obligation dramaturgique simply unwilling to accept the evidence of their own noses?

hahahahah!! i like this article

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya gusto ng pinoy ang diesel kasi mas mura sa gas

walang ibang dahilan yan

wala naman paki ang pinoy sa amoy ng diesel o kung nakakadumi ng hangin

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

walang ibang dahilan yan

Much more sa mga basura sa lansangan, ilog at dagat...

Pag gamit ng plastic, illegal logging and quary and etc.

Magaling kaya mga pinoy jan... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Much more sa mga basura sa lansangan, ilog at dagat...

Pag gamit ng plastic, illegal logging and quary and etc.

Magaling kaya mga pinoy jan... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

ang pinoy kasi basta malinis ang bahay hanggang sa labas ng gate ok na

hanggang labas lang ng gate ang malasakit

quarry? illegal logging? ocean plastic?

layo na niyan

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Yun rent a car ko sa Europe start stop diesel engine, ang galing galing ng diesel tech nga eh, every time mag stop light patay engine, then buhay ulit pag takbo.

Almost all german cars that i saw sa Euro trip ko last year, audi, benz, bmw, opel. Puros diesel.

Never believe in these useless articles, di naman nakikita ng personal

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014

walang ibang dahilan yan

Ang nakakadumi ng environment are the jeepney diesels as well as those surplus isuzu trucks na converted coz they use refurbished engines na 80s or 90s pa

The most expensive diesel cars in the philippines makikita nyo sa CATs edsa: bm, benz, jeep renegades etc. so diesel in that sense is a premium engine.

Dapat nga gasoline ang iphase out eh, coz it takes a lot of gasoline to commute in the philippines, hindi sya efficient. Syempre more fossil fuel burned and up in the atmosphere.

Most gasoline cars are averaging 5km/liter sa daily grind, eh di mas madami resources nauubos nun. Madali mag-depelete ang isang tsngke ng shell kasi pag gas ng pa gas

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pag pumantay ang presyo ng diesel at gas tingan natin kung hindi magbago ang isip ng mga diesel car owners na pinagtatawanan mga hindi pa nag diesel

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pag pumantay ang presyo ng diesel at gas tingan natin kung hindi magbago ang isip ng mga diesel car owners na pinagtatawanan mga hindi pa nag diesel
    Labo naman kasi mangyari yan eh. Kasi economically dependent ang bansa natin sa diesel woth the PuVs , the trucks, and even heavy machineries.

And even if it happens, diesel will still be frugal coz it can carry more passengers without consuming much, Try nyo gawin gasoline ang Toyota commuter van, pag mag-isa driver 5km/liter, pero pag full 15 seats pasahero, baka 2.5km/liter na lang sya. Luge.

Add to that the early degradation of the petrol engine in the van, that is why diesel is king, coz high torque

Wala na dapat argument, diesel is win win in everything

Tesla type of cars. I dont even bother, eh panibago round lang yan ng mga pyesa na pagawaiin sa cars, batteries, dc motors, computer systems.

Ngaun parang may mga ganyan na din gastusin . Thosecwho buy those skywctiv mazdas. Grabe siguro repair bill nun in the long run

Point a to b ba lang today and even the future.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    we'll see

magiging strict ang ocean transport sa fuel

they use dirtier fuel than diesel and they'll be forced to use relatively cleaner fuel which is diesel

so marine transport will be competing with land transport for diesel and that will drive up the global price of diesel

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ngayon tama na ginagawa ng ASBU MMDA. Pinaghuhuli puro jeep, bus, crosswind, starex. Sana next time innova, fortuner, monstero....

doc d, wala ni isa gaso pinara.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast