New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi guys,

Is there a general traffic rule or law about inner lanes MUST take a U-TURN or does it have to have a sign that says INNERMOST LANE MUST TAKE U-TURN?

The street is a 3-laner.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi guys,

Is there a general traffic rule or law about inner lanes MUST take a U-TURN or does it have to have a sign that says INNERMOST LANE MUST TAKE U-TURN?

The street is a 3-laner.

Thanks
    if it is not forbidden, it is allowed.
    if it is not specifically ordered, it may not be performed.
    what does the road signage say?

but there are rules on common sense. while one may not get a ticket for not following these common sense rules, one may still get a fender bender.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 24th, 2019 at 10:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

but there are rules on common sense. while one may not get a ticket for not following these common sense rules, one may still get a fender bender.
    Spot on dr d. Short, sweet, simple.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Not sure about the law on these things but in general I keep to the center lane until a few hundred meters when I need to turn to avoid getting a ticket. Then I merge into the right lane.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi guys,

The street is a 3-laner.

Thanks
    No such thing unless a traffic sign instructs it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

ditto
    andaming intersection na ang nasa middle lane kumakaliwa or kumakanan. tawag ko dito mga manlalamang Rules about U-TURN slotsRules about U-TURN slots

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are intersections with signs that say "left lane must turn left" and if you are in this lane and you go straight you will get a ticket. On u-turn slots i have not seen one that says "this lane MUST take a u-turn" but at the 2 u-turn slots between muñoz market and sm north i have seen cars ticketed for being in those lanes then going straight even though there are no signages to warn drivers.

Why, did you get a ticket?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Most of the time, not always, road arrows tells you what you're allowed or not allowed to do on a lane.

These signs, of course, are self-explanatory. If you wiggle out of it at the last moment, you will get apprehended.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Most of the time, not always, road arrows tells you what you're allowed or not allowed to do on a lane.

These signs, of course, are self-explanatory. If you wiggle out of it at the last moment, you will get apprehended.

Sobrang labo niyan 1st pic kasi marami sign sa Makati yung first arrow pwede left turn and straight tapos sa next arrow naging straight nalang. Kaya minsan takaw-huli.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Sobrang labo niyan 1st pic kasi marami sign sa Makati yung first arrow pwede left turn and straight tapos sa next arrow naging straight nalang. Kaya minsan takaw-huli.
    may video yung foreigner dati dyan bro. kumikitang kabuhayan nila yun, parang sa maynila may street doon na kahit nasa middle lane ka, dapat kumaliwa ka. O_o

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast