New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2678581
    Sir, bakit sila pa yung may ganang mag sampa ng kAso? Where in the first place wala dapat sila sa kalye driving w/o license or expired license.
    wala naman akong nabasang may nagsampa na ng kaso... investigation lang ang nabasa ko..

can TS argue that, "the expiration of the license does not result in loss of driving ability.." ?
    but if insurance is the question, having an expired license will deliver you "at the mercy of the insurance guys".
    Last edited by dr. d; January 16th, 2016 at 12:21 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I believe separate na issue yung driving with an expired license dun sa accident. Wala namang kinalaman ang expired license sa kakayahan mong magdrive. Mas may experience ka na kasi matagal ka nang nagdrive.
    Besides, kung technicality lang din naman, I bet mas maraming violations yung PUV driver which you can use to counter argue. Seatbelt? Nakasapatos ba sya? Which mas may bearing to have caused the accident.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but we can't judge the puj driver's culpatility, based on his previous driving mal-history... that's simply not right.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I doubt that the PUJ has insuramce though...
    Agreed. Most PUJ have TPL only which is required by law in annual registration of the vehicle which does not cover car damages like comprehensive does and is seperate, more expensive and not required to have by law (unless the vehicle is new and bank financed which requires insurance but again is very unlikely since its a jeepney). Unless he has comprehensive insurance then it's a moot point and you should have asked for cash settlement agreement at the police station during the filing of police report since his insurance won't cover it most likely. The only thing you can claim from TPL is if you were injured and can claim damages for hospital bills. Again all this is could be considered moot due to the validity of your license.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Mahihirapan ka jan boss. Malamang walang pang gastos si manong driver, then may pagkaka mali ka rin driving na expired license. Charge to experience nalang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Expire license. Mahirap yan.. mag kanya kanya na lang kayo ng pagawa. Para tapos na.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    update: ok na guys, thanks sa mga inputs, my lawyer was able to reason out that an expired license should not affect any claim that I make against the PUJ that rammed my car since its a different violation altogether and not associated or affected in anyway with the accident, since it shows on the CCTV that my car was just immobile and the PUj was the one that instigated the accident , so I therefore I can press charges at him if I wanted to, regarding my license, the officer just told me to get it renewed come Monday since it has only been like 7 days, but I could go forward with pressing charges if I wanted to...however I just came to the decision to do kanya-kanyang bayad cos as much as I was frustrated and angry with the accident, I felt sorry for the jeepney driver, the guy had barely enough to pay for the blotter w/c was only about P150, I paid mine in bills and he paid his in P1 and P5 coins and even had to borrow an extra P20 from his wife, so I can only imagine If I demanded money for the repairs. I just told him to just be more aware when he's on the road, funny lng talaga, these new cars on the road pretty much crumple like paper, but jeepneys are pretty solid in build he had nothing more than a scratch on his, maybe I should get a jeepney as well hahahaha

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    update: ok na guys, thanks sa mga inputs, my lawyer was able to reason out that an expired license should not affect any claim that I make against the PUJ that rammed my car since its a different violation altogether and not associated or affected in anyway with the accident, since it shows on the CCTV that my car was just immobile and the PUj was the one that instigated the accident , so I therefore I can press charges at him if I wanted to, regarding my license, the officer just told me to get it renewed come Monday since it has only been like 7 days, but I could go forward with pressing charges if I wanted to...however I just came to the decision to do kanya-kanyang bayad cos as much as I was frustrated and angry with the accident, I felt sorry for the jeepney driver, the guy had barely enough to pay for the blotter w/c was only about P150, I paid mine in bills and he paid his in P1 and P5 coins and even had to borrow an extra P20 from his wife, so I can only imagine If I demanded money for the repairs. I just told him to just be more aware when he's on the road, funny lng talaga, these new cars on the road pretty much crumple like paper, but jeepneys are pretty solid in build he had nothing more than a scratch on his, maybe I should get a jeepney as well hahahaha
    Maswerte yung driver ng jeep at maawain ka sir. Sana matuto na sya, yun man lang na sa abala at gastos mo at nya eh makabawas ng isa sa napakaraming pasaway na driver sa daan. :thumbup:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    today's bumpers are designed to crumple like paper.
    the cost of bumper replacement, is very much cheaper than the cost of hospitalization for , say, a broken bone.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Sana binigyan mo muna ng lesson para madala
    Last edited by NiCe2KnowU; January 16th, 2016 at 10:10 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast