New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi, I recently got into an accident involving my car, and a PUJ, now this is the first time ever that I have gotten into an accident, anyway, I was on the right side of the road ready to make a right turn, wen all of a sudden this puj to my left decides to abruptly cut in front of me to turn to the right as well wc the result was his vehicle ripped my bumper off, i just have a few questions, after all the photo taking of the police/investigator, he called my attention and informed me that my license was expired for 7 days, amusingly had it not been for the accident,I wouldnt have known about it cos all the while i thought it was going to expire 2018, my insurance is TPL and i believe its the same for the puj, and my OR/CR is still under the name of a specific company, I didnt have time to transfer the registration to my name yet, so question is what will be the likely outcome of this whole scenario? Will the puj's insurance cover it? Or not? Or whats going to happen?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I doubt that the PUJ has insuramce though...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Applicable ba tpl ba dyan? Di ata. Not sure though. Talo ka na dahil you're not allowed to drive dahil expired license na

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Talo ka dyan. Expired lisensya mo. Di ka dapat nagmamaneho

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Afaik compulsory tpl is for people only and not for property damages.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Talo po kayu jan since ur driving license was xpired.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    what will be the likely outcome of this whole scenario? Will the puj's insurance cover it? Or not? Or whats going to happen?
    1) CTPL or compulsory third party liability coverage applies ONLY to the liability of the insured in respect of the bodily injury and/or death of any THIRD PARTY in an accident caused or arising out of the use or operation of the insured vehicle.

2) considering that you were driving with an expired license, you were then violating a law, and because you were violating a law, you are presumed to have acted negligently.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    OT., Attorney JM, applicable din po ba yung number 2. sa mga nagmomotor na walang lisensya or expired ang lisensya?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Attorney JM, applicable din po ba yung number 2. sa mga nagmomotor na walang lisensya or expired ang lisensya?
    yes, bro, kahit na barko o eroplano applicable yan.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    yes, bro, kahit na barko o eroplano applicable yan.
    Sir, bakit sila pa yung may ganang mag sampa ng kAso? Where in the first place wala dapat sila sa kalye driving w/o license or expired license.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast