New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    "Pinag-iisipan natin with the support of the Metro Manila Council, mga mayors natin, kung pwedeng i-modify pa 'yung number coding scheme," Lim says. "Siguro pwede naman kaunting sakripisyo pa para sa lahat. Baka pwede gawing two days every week ang hindi paggamit ng sasakyan."
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...00013-20170627

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Isa rin pa lang bobo ito si lim. Akala ko ba stick with the existing law sya? Sabi nya dati nung in-appoint sya

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    That was quick :-(

"Lim said he wants to shun “fancy solutions, complicated and fancy schemes.”
    “Effective implementation and enforcement of the basic rules is the key, whether it’s the disposition of motor vehicles or street vendors or pedestrians. Where they are not supposed to be there, they should not be there. Basic implementation, basic courtesy, let’s develop a culture of discipline.”"

BACK TO BASICS | MMDA’s Lim looks with disfavor on complicated, fancy traffic schemes | News5 - InterAksyon

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there's nothing fancy about banning certain cars from the road on certain days.
    heh heh.

but i agree, " enforce current rules first, before making more rules".

making the lrt and mrt more efficient, should convince some motorists to go mass transit again.
    in my simplistic mind, upgrading these train systems should be easy and relatively fast. all it takes is money. why are we scrimping?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 28th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    And I thought he was going to be different. Ganon lang rin pala. Lahat nalang puro paglala ng coding ang naiisip. Other countries don't even have this, and they have better traffic conditions than we do. To think that the automotive market here is already considered small compared elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't like it either but in the short term, apart from car pooling, for now this is the only solution imho.

But then those who can afford it (and some who can't) will start buying even more cars. A medium term solution could be congestion charging.

Or we could have things the way they are and just make do with current traffic conditions.

Government is to blame for not keeping up with infrastructure requirements but the problem is already here and new roads won't appear overnight.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They could have their traffic enforcers really direct traffic instead of hiding under the shade somewhere waiting for coding or swerving violators. The nerve of them.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    They could have their traffic enforcers really direct traffic instead of hiding under the shade somewhere waiting for coding or swerving violators. The nerve of them.

Yep. Blocking the yellow boxes in intersections is the most common violation that occurs daily. Preventing this will easily prevent build up in a lot of cases.

But nobody is at the intersections when you need them...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Yep. Blocking the yellow boxes in intersections is the most common violation that occurs daily. Preventing this will easily prevent build up in a lot of cases.

But nobody is at the intersections when you need them...
    some seem to be at the other side of the intersection... or in the lilim therein.. ready to apprehend magic box violators, i suspect.
    why don't they stay on the before-crossing side of the intersection? that way, they can stop the vehicles from blocking the magic box.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di pa rin ba nila gets na bibili lang ng another car ang mga motorists? Kaya palpak din mga previous traffic schemes.
    Signature

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast