New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In the end proper implementation pa rin ng traffic rules. Madali namang sumunod ang mga pinoy drivers eh – bakit sa Subic at Davao? Imposibleng lahat ng drayber dun tapos ng HS….

Malalang sakit talaga ang mala talangkang isip ng nagpapatupad ng batas dito hwag na nilang paliguy liguyin. Ayusin lang nila yun tapos na.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This is just proper. A driver sometimes don't know what a simple road sign means.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiskuul View Post
    i heard gagawin na daw nila requirements ang educational attainment sa pagkuha ng license? atleast highschool grad ka na daw, lalo nayung mga kumukuha ng PRO-License.....pra naman daw tumaas ang mga kalidad ng mga drivers natin sa kalsada specially mga jeepney and bus drivers......wat do u think?? TAMA ba yun?
    I am in favor of this but it does sound a little discriminatory. If the applicant is a non-high school graduate then they must give the applicant a seminar then administer a more stricter screening and test for the applicant. If he fails then sorry na lang, but then again it all boils down to enforcement of the LTO on it's written and practical exams.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    disagree ako dito. kawawa naman yung mga hanapbuhay lang nila eh ang pagmamaneho. so paano na sila mamang jeepney driver, bus driver, delivery van/truck driver, family driver, at kung sino sino pang driver?
    For all of those saying " kawawa naman yung mawawala ng trabaho", will you be personally responsible for those people injured and killed by drivers who are not qualified to drive a bus, jeep or truck that could have been avoided if the driver was slightly better educated to start with?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Rather than requiring high school education to get a driver's license, it might be more practical to require LTO to administer its tests, both written and actual, more strictly. It is common knowledge that many of our PUV drivers (although it does not exclude the others, I'm sure) just got their professional licenses by bribing the LTO personnel conducting the tests. I remember when I took mine wehn I was still a teenager, the test proctor was selling the answer code to each of the applicants and I was the only one who refused and while all of them passed the exam without their papers being checked, the LTO guy told me I failed. I asked to see the papers and saw obviously correct answers were considered wrong. I argued each and every "wrong answers" to the point that he had to grudgingly give me a passing mark (dapat nga 100%).

I'm sure LTO has improved since then, but still with the way PUV drivers are brazenly ignoring traffic laws and rarely consider road courtesy I don't think a high school diploma (baka kumuha lang yun sa Recto university) can solve an apparent problem in attitude. And with the mass promotion in public high school (where the bulk of the PUV drivers come from, and I'm not anti-poor for stating another obvious fact since I'm also a product of our public high school system- sa science nga lang)

Besides, the HS requirement would tend to fuel the brewing class war being espoused by Erap and his hordes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    disagree ako dito. kawawa naman yung mga hanapbuhay lang nila eh ang pagmamaneho. so paano na sila mamang jeepney driver, bus driver, delivery van/truck driver, family driver, at kung sino sino pang driver?
    For all of those saying " kawawa naman yung mawawala ng trabaho", will you be personally responsible for those people injured and killed by drivers who are not qualified to drive a bus, jeep or truck that could have been avoided if the driver was slightly better educated to start with?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    di lang naman PUV ang guilty ng bad driving, i've seen luxury cars, SUV's and other expensive cars with drivers that think just because they drive an expensive car they can bully anyone on the road, park in front of the sign stating No Parking, or do anything they want on the road.

ang kelangan lang talga ay marunong sumunod sa batas ang mga driver. kanina umaga sa santolan corner ortigas. nkasulat na no counter flowing pero yung fortuner nag counterflow pa din ayun inabot sya ng stop sa kabila. nag trafic tuloy lalo.

i don't think being a HS grad or even a college grad will solve the problem.
    Last edited by impulzz; April 16th, 2009 at 01:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I don't think that being atleast an HS graduate will solve the problem. I think LTO should give seminars to drivers at least I think once a month. And I think the gov't should fire the " Kotong " policemen and replace them with better ones. Bakit sa subic naman hindi naman lahat nakatira o pumupunta dun HS graduates eh, talagang strict lang sa Subic, di papayag ng lagay-lagay. Dito kasi sa MM. Bigyan mo P100 okay na. I think the replacing of enforcers and the regular seminars will solve the problems.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Actually sa sitwasyon ng bansa natin ngaun, hindi muna natin dapat pinagtatalunan ang educational attainment as a requirement e.

Ang kailangan ayusin diyan e ung pagpapatupad nila sa examination and issuance of driving licenses. Pati na din ang law enforcement ng traffic rules and laws natin e. Sa Subic kahit gaano kagago magmaneho dito sa MM ang isang driver tumitino pag naduon.

Kawawa din naman kasi ung naging PUV driver lang kasi un lang ang alam nilang hanapbuhay. Basta ang importante alam nila at sumusunod sila sa batas, wala na ko pakialam dun kung hindi man mataas ang pinag aralan nila.

I've seen well educated people acting much worse than a "lowly uneducated PUV" driver.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

well maybe ibig niyang sabihin "kawawa naman yung mga matitinong driver na mawawalan ng trabaho.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
atleast High School grad ka-LTO