New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Regarding the "data gathering", I am honestly curious... What data are they gathering? And is the LTFRB capable of using that data or are they just a bunch of numbers and words to them they can really interpret or use?

What statistics could they be gathering?

-Current bikes available vs number of booked bikes per hour?
    -Total average distance travelled by all commutes on weekdays? Weekends?
    -Highest concentration of dropoff location/city for most bike dropoffs/pickups?
    -Number of accidents vs total number of bikes?

I am honestly not "for" motorcycle taxis knowing how majority of the drivers for them behave. But I do have to say they currently fulfill a need.

As with the fact that I am not a frequent grab taxi rider, I do use it infrequently depending on situation and/or destination. For those that have to "suffer" through the daily regularity of a difficult commute, parking and fuel costs to and from work, I would have to say the current situation calls for a drastic measure.

Maybe the law could impose a time limit when it will be allowed. say 5 to 10 years max. depending on what is determined when we will have more public transport options such as subways, new trains, BRT? I don't know.
    Very good points sir. The people who would be mostly affected should be prioritized indeed. Ano ba talaga kelangan nila ang how can the government best help them.

I for one is okay with MC taxi but again, regulations - which the state has a poor record of implementing despite very good rules - must be paramount kasi mas risky ang MC taxi kesa traditional taxis.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    bat di na lang nila gawin big bike ang minimun requirement para medyo matibay tinay naman yun gulong

Sana mga harley no, lately when i pass by sa Sa Shang Fort, i cant help but notice the bikes there

I would ride in one , kung meron Angkas na naka big bike hihi

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Very good points sir. The people who would be mostly affected should be prioritized indeed. Ano ba talaga kelangan nila ang how can the government best help them.

I for one is okay with MC taxi but again, regulations - which the state has a poor record of implementing despite very good rules - must be paramount kasi mas risky ang MC taxi kesa traditional taxis.
    Thing is, regulation allowing the MC taxi is a slippery slope. Before long, even tricycle drivers will be clamoring to be allowed to operate as MC taxis as well...and be allowed to use main highways like EDSA. The original scope of Angkas was to operate only between Makati and Taguig.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Thing is, regulation allowing the MC taxi is a slippery slope. Before long, even tricycle drivers will be clamoring to be allowed to operate as MC taxis as well...and be allowed to use main highways like EDSA. The original scope of Angkas was to operate only between Makati and Taguig.
    There will be a hardline as always. It is up to the regulators how best to balance public need with public safety.

It is indeed a tight balancing act and as a precedent, it is bound to have some issues along the way.

Best of luck to those who would be tasked to craft the implementing rules and regulations. Hope they find the middle ground if not the best solution.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Grabe naman pala yan Angkas

Ang usapan pilot testing lang hanggang March 2020 to see if the taxi service is viable in the Metro

Yun pala nag open nasa Cebu , Panpanga, iligan at iba iba pa probinsya

Tapos dinimanda pa yun LTfRB group na nag supervise ng pilot testing

Eh gago pala yan business na yan.

If they get approved, who knows ano pa kukunin nila

Classic case of inabutan mo ng kamay, kinuha buong braso

I say blacklist them for good. Tsk tsk, sobrang dinisrespeto ang gobyerno natin

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ayan para hindi mataas demand sa gasolina.

Dahil jan sa car apps uber grab and ito motorcycles kaya lumillit rollback sa gaso eh.

Ok ako sa angkas pero dapat lahat sila electric. Tapos maglagay charging station. Para matuto na buhay first world transpo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Parang gusto ko mag-open ng motorcycle Taxi business, ang pangalan Balangkas.

Bale balansyado talaga yun mga motor Namin, kasi ang pwede lang mag-apply mayari ng ATV

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Binawi yung cancellation ng pilot run ni TWG...

Last Monday, reports surfaced that the TWG was keen on ending the pilot test, amid Angkas seeking a temporary restraining order — which is supposedly a violation of the guidelines.

However, Gardiola eventually said that the pilot run would continue, allaying fears of more transportation woes in the heavy traffic-ridden streets of Metro Manila. During the interview, he noted that the public sentiment was a major factor in reconsidering their moves.

“Because of the concerns, the sentiments, we are considering all sentiments, ‘yong recommendations, that’s why we came up with this study,” he said.

Read more: Angkas can now field 2, riders based on redistribution of rider cap—TWG | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agad-agad naman binawi eh. After ng senate hearing binawi na.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast