New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Naghuhuli na ba ng Angkas ngaun, pansin andami ngaun gabi ng traffic enforcers kahti saan tapos wala ako nakita ni isang angkas sa dinaan ko

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    ANC 24/7
    DOTr-TWG official Antonio Gardiola, Jr. announces the termination of their motorcycle-taxi study, says the three motorcycle-taxi services are "all illegal" and can be apprehended starting next week. Sherrie Ann Torres, ABS-CBN News
    "that's not right!"

so...
    who are they going to give the franchise to?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Terminated na ang termination ng pilot program nila. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Terminated na ang termination ng pilot program nila. [emoji23]

Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ako sa news na lumalabas ngayong umaga.

Terminated nga daw as of writing the circular.
    Pero tumawag ang isang senador sa ltfrb at dotr sec at sinabi 'verbally' na hindi na terminated.
    Sabi naman nung nagterminate, terminated pa din pero hindi na tuloy ang huli.
    Sabi din ng isang congressman, kahit terminate nila, wala naman pipigil sa makikisakay sa motorcycle bilang service papunta sa destination nila.

Pero meron din isa pa na parang hindi nalinaw sa tawag ng senador sa dotr/ltfrb, asa loob ng circular na nilabas kahapon, maliban sa termination may kasabay ito na pag blacklist sa angkas mismo? Tama ba ang balita?

So kung ang natigil lang ang termination... Tuloy pa din ang blacklist?

Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Pero tumawag ang isang senador sa ltfrb at dotr sec at sinabi 'verbally' na hindi na terminated.
    Sabi din ng isang congressman, kahit terminate nila, wala naman pipigil sa makikisakay sa motorcycle bilang service papunta sa destination nila.

Pero meron din isa pa na parang hindi nalinaw sa tawag ng senador sa dotr/ltfrb, asa loob ng circular na nilabas kahapon, maliban sa termination may kasabay ito na pag blacklist sa angkas mismo? Tama ba ang balita?

Hehe.
    Hinde ba natakot mga tiga LTFRB dahil so Bong Go na nagsabi gusto niya ituloy yun pilot program?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Hehe.
    From what I understand is that when they do legalize motorcycle taxi services in the future, Angkas as a whole cannot operate anymore since blacklisted na sila.

Pero of course, Joyride and the other one pwede pa rin magoperate.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i heard over the radio.
    the TWG terminated the pilot study, partly because it was not answering some questions.
    the senadora countered, if the study wasn't answering your questions, the more you should extend it (and modify it accordingly, in my opinion), so that your questions are answered.

i agree.
    if you terminate it now, you end up with no service to the commuter, no study, and no answers.

i admire bikes, and it pains me to say this.
    while the dilapidated PUJ can be fixed and redesigned and made relatively safe for public use, the motorcycle is un-safe, any way you look at it.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 21st, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i heard over the radio.
    the TWG terminated the pilot study, partly because it was not answering some questions.
    the senadora countered, if the study wasn't answering your questions, the more you should extend it (and modify it accordingly, in my opinion), so that your questions are answered.

i agree.
    if you terminate it now, you end up with no service to the commuter, no study, and no answers.

i admire bikes, and it pains me to say this.
    while the dilapidated PUJ can be fixed and redesigned and made relatively safe for public use, the motorcycle is un-safe, any way you look at it.
    Well, that's the thing. Do you really need to continue the pilot program to complete the study? I think the TWG had more than enough time to collect the data they need. It's just that the conclusion is not favorable for the continuation of the motorcycle taxi from experiment to permanent.

This is where politics comes in. Gusto ma-legalize ni Sen. Poe, Bong Go, etc. ang Angkas, Joy Ride, etc. pero the technical working group study points to an unfavorable recommendation. If Congress (HR and Senate) legalizes it nonetheless and a series of unfortunate accidents occur...guess who will be blamed? Yep. It's those bright thinking sponsors of the bill which pushed the legality of the motorcycle taxi.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Well, that's the thing. Do you really need to continue the pilot program to complete the study? I think the TWG had more than enough time to collect the data they need. It's just that the conclusion is not favorable for the continuation of the motorcycle taxi from experiment to permanent.

This is where politics comes in. Gusto ma-legalize ni Sen. Poe, Bong Go, etc. ang Angkas, Joy Ride, etc. pero the technical working group study points to an unfavorable recommendation. If Congress (HR and Senate) legalizes it nonetheless and a series of unfortunate accidents occur...guess who will be blamed? Yep. It's those bright thinking sponsors of the bill which pushed the legality of the motorcycle taxi.
    Regarding the "data gathering", I am honestly curious... What data are they gathering? And is the LTFRB capable of using that data or are they just a bunch of numbers and words to them they can really interpret or use?

What statistics could they be gathering?

-Current bikes available vs number of booked bikes per hour?
    -Total average distance travelled by all commutes on weekdays? Weekends?
    -Highest concentration of dropoff location/city for most bike dropoffs/pickups?
    -Number of accidents vs total number of bikes?

I am honestly not "for" motorcycle taxis knowing how majority of the drivers for them behave. But I do have to say they currently fulfill a need.

As with the fact that I am not a frequent grab taxi rider, I do use it infrequently depending on situation and/or destination. For those that have to "suffer" through the daily regularity of a difficult commute, parking and fuel costs to and from work, I would have to say the current situation calls for a drastic measure.

Maybe the law could impose a time limit when it will be allowed. say 5 to 10 years max. depending on what is determined when we will have more public transport options such as subways, new trains, BRT? I don't know.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post

The way i see it, scripted yung pag stop ni Bong Go sa termination ng pilot program.

Lahat pinupulitika, kaya walang asenso Pilipinas.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast