New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat ata 80kph naman ang speed limit. Masyado atang mabagal ang 60kph, lalo na sa mga private vehicles. May footage sa Unang Hirit, nakabantay ang MMDA today implementing the 60kph speed limit. Ang babagal nila.

And also, yung speed gun ng MMDA, hiram lang pala sa NLEX. Wala silang gamit. As per Chairman Tolentino, balak daw nilang magkaroon din at makabili ng isa in the near future......

Nak ng teteng, isa lang?

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Drove through Commonwealth to work today (Congressional Ave.), I finally realized how the MMDA plans to observe the 60 kph speed limit - by making a lot of traffic . Traffic stretched from Diliman Prep. to the U-turn to Suwaregi then again at the Tandang Sora fly over (no surprise here). I think that the only ones observing the lane management were the pedestrians. On hindsight, I think I saw the buses using the loading and unloading isles. The motorcycles once again were oblivious to any type of road regulation established by our laws . Come to think of it, i don't really know how the MMDA plans to stop the PUVs and over speeding vehicles at the inner most lane, it not as if they can easily wave the vehicle to stop as they usually do in some roads/intersections. I hope the CCTVs are soon installed .

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Panu yon? bigbike ako, tapos ilalagay nila ang motorcycle sa linya ng jeep?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    this is not gonna work.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The question is MANGHUHULI kaya sila?baka sa umpisa lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/i...011/january/25

[SIZE="5"]Speedsters will be posted on the Internet[/SIZE]

MOTORISTS who drive above the 60-kilometer-per-hour limit on Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City, will have their drivers licenses canceled on their third offense, the Metro Manila Development Authority said Monday.

The speed limit takes effect today, and it’s aimed at reducing the number of accidents on the busy 12.4-kilometer highway, the agency’s chairman, Francis Tolentino, said.

Tolentino said traffic personnel will be armed with radar guns to identify speeding motorists, but acknowledged that, so far, the agency has only two borrowed units.

He did not say how two radar guns could cover the entire length of the highway, or the estimated 220,000 vehicles that pass through it daily.

“Eventually, we will have more [radar guns], but we can’t wait. We have to save lives,” Tolentino told the Manila Standard.

Violators will not be arrested but will be sent a summons within seven days of the speeding incident. After that, they will be given a chance to question the speeding charge before the traffic adjudication board, Tolentino said.

If no protest is filed, the violator may pay the fine—P1,200 for the first and second offenses—at any Metrobank branch or at the MMDA’s main office.

The agency will also provide the Land Transportation Office with a list of violators to compel them to pay their fines when they try to renew their drivers’ licenses or register their vehicles.

Violators who do not settle their fines will also be “shamed” by having their names posted on the MMDA’s Web site, Tolentino said. Rio N. Araja

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Looking at the comments, it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks that a 60kph speed limit is too slow - around 80 would be better. Also, was just watching the news, and they're arresting vehicles going at 68, 65, even 62 kph! What's up with that? No leeway of any sort?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Looking at the comments, it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks that a 60kph speed limit is too slow - around 80 would be better. Also, was just watching the news, and they're arresting vehicles going at 68, 65, even 62 kph! What's up with that? No leeway of any sort?
    They have to... they are under media scrutiny.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This is my first time to see so many vehicles, mostly PUVs, being pulled over in a 4 day span and also my first time to see PUVs scrambling to line up at the proper loading/unloading bays than as long as I can remember. And most drivers are afraid to break the rules coz there are so many MMDA enforcers throughout the whole avenue. Add to that the enforcers monitoring your speed. To think that is just from Batasan to Philcoa and vise versa only. I wish they could extend that all the way to Fairview already since after Batasan, it's everybody's way again.

Though there are still a lot of room for improvement, it's so nice to know that they are doing small steps to discipline drivers along the avenue.

They didn't build any money making structure to at least ease the traffic flow, they just strictly enforced the law. It just shows that ENFORCEMENT is really the key.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So how's it going over there?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
All set for lane segregation on Commonwealth