New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Looking at the comments, it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks that a 60kph speed limit is too slow - around 80 would be better. Also, was just watching the news, and they're arresting vehicles going at 68, 65, even 62 kph! What's up with that? No leeway of any sort?
    +1 on this, having a hard time maintaining 60 kph speed limit. I must admit I sometimes get a little over 60 kph especially at the downslope near PureGold (South Commonwealth). I think its more of a hazard having the drivers looking at their speed gauges and maintaining the speed limit rather than looking at the road .

It seems that sir Scharnhorst beat me to the reply.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Dumaan ako dito kahapon. Sunday. Walang MMDA o yellow boys. Medyo sumusunod naman yung 90 percent (estimate ko lang) ng private vehicles sa speed limit. Pasaway pa rin yung mga bus. Madami di sumusunod sa speed limit.

Medyo mabagal nga yung 60kph. Mahirap din imaintain. Pero di ako nag rereklamo. Pinag isipan naman siguro yan ng mga taga MMDA.

Ano comments nyo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would propose 80kph as the more practical speedlimit. But it seem the MMDA is populated by morons know-it-alls who think we should drive like senior citizens.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    They should put more enforcers on the Balara-Commonwealth-Tandang Sora crossing to ward those PUJs blocking the way to pick passengers. But I must say that the flow of traffic exiting T. Sora has improved -in the morning at least.

About the speed guns, how do they work? Is it similar to the ones in NLEX wherein they have a discretely parked vehicle on the shoulder with the gun and camera inside? This means I can just stay in the inner lanes and avoid the camera since the highway's width is almost double of NLEX.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dumaan din ako kahapon. ganun pa rin nga mga bus. ang bibilis. i think the problem is not much the speed but the swerving and sudden veering of vehicles. kahit naman 40kph takbo ng lahat pero kung biglang kumabig yung bus na katabi mo ng 3 lanes yari pa rin. yes you may have time to react or the damages may be smaller given the slow speed but the chaos and risks are still there.

mas safe pa rin siguro na kahit mabilis as long as everybody sticks to the proper lanes.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    About the speed guns, how do they work? Is it similar to the ones in NLEX wherein they have a discretely parked vehicle on the shoulder with the gun and camera inside? This means I can just stay in the inner lanes and avoid the camera since the highway's width is almost double of NLEX.
    Meaning that the inner lane is "radar proof" :naughty2:. I like it, but is anyone here willing to take one for the team? :drive1:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would propose 80kph as the more practical speedlimit. But it seem the MMDA is populated by morons know-it-alls who think we should drive like senior citizens.
    Di ko napansin umabot pala 80 takbo ko kahapon lalo na sa pagbaba ng overpass o mga downhill na portions. Mukhang tamang tama lang. Hirap din kasi kailangang nakaapak ka sa break para ma maintain yung 60 e.

Palagay ko pride na lang pinapairal ni tolentino sa pag stick nya sa 60 kph. Para isipin ng mga tao na hinde basta basta bumibigay sa clamor ng mga tao.

Nakakalito din pala mga linya sa commonwealth. Di ko rin makita yung mga designated na lanes for buses and bikes.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Dapat 70 or 80kph manlang ang speed limit. Kung 60 lang sobrang bagal na nito.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Had to go on Commonwealth yesterday to pick something up from my car dealer. Sobrang bagal talaga ng 60! Just going slightly downhill, I found myself having to brake to keep from going over the speed limit, nakakaasar! I pity the car owners who have to traverse the road daily - siguradong pudpod ang brakes nila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Had to go on Commonwealth yesterday to pick something up from my car dealer. Sobrang bagal talaga ng 60! Just going slightly downhill, I found myself having to brake to keep from going over the speed limit, nakakaasar! I pity the car owners who have to traverse the road daily - siguradong pudpod ang brakes nila.

This is the MMDA's solution to cut down the accident rate on Commonwealth. Make the vehicles go too slow to crash into each other.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
All set for lane segregation on Commonwealth