Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Create a problem and be the solution [emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ganyan mga siraniko na encounter ko bro [emoji28]
    basta wag kayo magpapagawa auto sa cubao area [emoji13]

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Siguro si kingkong tugade owner ng mga centers.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

hinihintay ko na lang yung (self) praise release niya na "magpasalamat tayo sa ginagawa nila na MVIS".

Sana kung magpresscon siya, meron media na tumayo at magtanong "Kung para po talaga sa publiko ang pagmamadali ng MVIS, bakit po private inuna ninyo at hindi public transpo vehicles at commercial vehicles?"

----

Kung madefer man ito, which is likely, papalabasin naman nila na pinaguusapan nila ito with their technical team even before brought up ng public. hay....

----

By the way, kaibigan ko kakaregister lang ng kotse kahapon. Bawal na daw walang MVIS sa Manila. Pero sa paranaque tumatanggap pa ng smoke belching, so dun niya dinala to register and okay naman. No idea ako sa ibang LGU LTO's anu na memoramdun/status pag dating registration.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Just last Jan. 25, the Clean Air Movement of the Philippines (CAMPI) together with the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) staged a protest action against the MVIS being conducted by private motor vehicle testing centers in Luzon and the Visayas.

You can google reports about the protest action. And you can be warned, from my personal experience.

Last Wednesday I had my company-issued sport utility vehicle sent to a testing center prior to registration. The LTO branch near our Port Area office in Manila sent the driver to a testing center in Paco that apparently handles SUVs and motorcycles. The emission testing centers used to be located near the LTO offices. The center in Paco is operated by a company called Welcome Export Inc. Is the company engaged in export or vehicle testing?

My SUV is three years old; it undergoes complete tune-up at the dealership’s service center following the schedule suggested by the company for optimum vehicle performance. Its latest tune-up, which cost P29,442.83, was only last October.

I have been driving for ages and I know when something is wrong with a car. My SUV runs smoothly; the dealership’s service is premium (and so are the fees).

The Welcome Export inspection took about 45 minutes – far from the 11 to 12 minutes touted by proponents of the MVIS. CAMPI and the VACC point out that even if all the 138 testing facilities planned nationwide by the government are completed, these will not be enough to handle the 20 million motor vehicles requiring registration.

The driver was told that my car failed the test, so it will need re-inspection, which will cost another P900. I have with me a checklist that says my car failed the test for brakes, headlights and plate lights. (What’s wrong? They work perfectly fine as far as I’m concerned.)

At the dealership’s casa yesterday, the mechanic was just as dumbfounded; didn’t they give the SUV a thorough check just three months ago? There’s been no increase in my vehicle use; the lockdowns have limited my car trips largely to home and office within Metro Manila. In fact my vehicle use has been reduced because I can’t go to TV5 in Mandaluyong for studio taping five days a week of our OneNews show “The Chiefs.”

The dealership’s service center nevertheless accepted the SUV for an inspection and overnight stay. My preliminary service bill: P6,008.67, including P1,050 for “car care” and “miscellaneous.”

You can see why this latest innovation in LTO inefficiency invites the payment of “facilitation fees.” It’s happy days again for fixers at LTO. These are the folks who deserve Tokhang and Double Barrel (and COVID).

There are reports of exasperated motorists simply paying grease money (a typical amount is P1,000) to get their roadworthiness certification ASAP. And Duterte says he is “galit talaga” at corruption? LOL.

The address in the Welcome Export Inc. receipt is Dimayuga Compound, Cabrera Street, Dolores, Taytay, Rizal. Does the company pay business fees to the city of Manila or to Taytay?

The CAMPI and VACC raised nine points in opposing the implementation of the new MVIS.

These include the lack of consultation with stakeholders on the testing procedures, and the absence of testing centers in several areas with heavy vehicle density. Some 1,000 emission testing centers will be put out of business, and the two protesting groups are demanding transparency in the award of the franchise to conduct the new testing. At this point, it looks like this deal was awarded simply over a prolonged mah-jongg session in Ayala Alabang.

And of course there’s the unconscionable jump, especially amid this crippling pandemic, from the previous emission testing fee of P500 to the current P1,800 to P2,700. Motorcycles and tricycles are charged an initial P600, with more for re-inspection.

Why does this government allow ordinary people to be milked dry to enrich a handful of well-connected individuals? It deserves the question of the times: Sino vacumita?

https://www.philstar.com/opinion/202...6/fixer-magnet

9 Complaints against the new Motor Vehicle Inspection System

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    [I]
    You can see why this latest innovation in LTO inefficiency invites the payment of “facilitation fees.” It’s happy days again for fixers at LTO. These are the folks who deserve Tokhang and Double Barrel (and COVID).

There are reports of exasperated motorists simply paying grease money (a typical amount is P1,000) to get their roadworthiness certification ASAP. And Duterte says he is “galit talaga” at corruption? LOL.

https://www.philstar.com/opinion/202...6/fixer-magnet

9 Complaints against the new Motor Vehicle Inspection System
    Yan lang talaga nakikita kong patutunguhan nitong latest MVIS.

Bakit kamo? Meron na bang nabanggit na penalty for MVIS providers in case may mali sila? Wala di ba?

May sistema ba to contest findings of the MVIS? Wala din ata.

So in the end, walang laban ang motorista kung sumunod sa akung anong isulat nila.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

kaya wag ka magpa-gas sa mga Caltex sa stretch ng nlex dahil sa kamya iyong mga iyon

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    When is this effective? Had my car registered yesterday wala naman MVIS

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    When is this effective? Had my car registered yesterday wala naman MVIS

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Cathy, if you notice the post, it mentioned specifically Manila, not Metro Manila.

What it means is the LTO, for NCR at least, did it in a city by city basis only (Forced implementation pa din, but city by city).

What does it mean?

If you are planning to register in Manila, you will unfortunately have to go through MVIS.

My friend who used to register in Manila had to go to Paranaque instead so that he doesn't have to go through the MVIS nonsense.

For my part, I will try to register what is supposed to be for march (early registration) in Quezon City instead on February while they haven't rolled out the memo for QC (yet). Hopefully I can avoid it for one vehicle at least while for the next vehicle, sana may TRO na or stop order.