New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if your car is still less than 10 years old,
    you can try getting your TPL from the casa insurance providers. they are, believe it or not, cheaper than those around the LTO by at least a hundred bucks.

having your emissions testing done from shops farther from the LTO, may also save you at least 50 bucks.

show your completed papeles to the LTO window guy. he will point you to the "correct person" who will "examine your car".

don't forget the EWDs. they may check.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitroram View Post
    Hello everyone,,
    I have had a car here for a very long time but every time my Registration Renewal has come up I have just gotten an employee to do it for me as I do not like being hassled. Decided to do it myself this morning and BOY was I sick of being hassled into 3 mins of parking near LTO.

What are these guys that tell you to open your bonnet? Asking me a whole heap of questions? They are obviously not LTO employees as LTO does not open until 8am and I was there at 7? showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.vet/

One guy asks me if i need insurance and after i kept telling them I am going into LTO first to check all my requirements he shows me to this insurance place that is a little seat at the back of a carindarrea with no accreditation posters or anything else.

At this stage I am getting the shits with the stares and dudes asking me if I need this or that or everything else.

Now I am assuming these guys are fixers? I thought this **** was all illegal yet there was atleast 20 of them hassling me ( yes I am white and yes its ****ing annoying as I try very hard just to follow the law and only want to be treated like everyone else here)

What is this pencil thing they keep telling me i need to pop my bonnet for?

I have already gotten my emissions test.

What is the process after this?

I got the shits and went home btw. I can not handle that level of hassle in the mornings.

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Registered last Dec. 20, had my emission first then went to cebuana for TPL, ayun pumasok na nga sa system nila.

and Yes, wala na nga Stencil.

Paid:

Emission - 450
    TPL - 650
    LTO - 2630

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitroram View Post
    Thank you my issue has been solved,...
    how was your issue resolved, po?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me on this.

Got my car last January 2018. I got the OR/CR and plate number by March of the same year.
    However, sa OR/CR (dated January 11 2018), walang nakalagay na details ng Plate No. Instead merong MV File No: ********826. The Plate No. issued is ***-**19 (I guess the Plate No. was issued after the registration, kaya hindi ito nakareflect sa OR/CR).

Question: When should be my next registration?

1. First week of September 2020. (mauuna ng 4 months sa 3rd yr)
    2. First week of September 2021)with synchronization/late registration fee since the 3rd year after the first registration is January 2021)

Tnx.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    your LTO registration is good for 3 years..

so mag re register ka on or before January 11, 2021. Either they ask you to pay more than 1 year.. para next registration mo eh Sept. 2022 na. OR they will just ask you to pay an extension Jan. to Sept. 2021.. then babalik ka for regular registration on Sept. 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me on this.

Got my car last January 2018. I got the OR/CR and plate number by March of the same year.
    However, sa OR/CR (dated January 11 2018), walang nakalagay na details ng Plate No. Instead merong MV File No: ********826. The Plate No. issued is ***-**19 (I guess the Plate No. was issued after the registration, kaya hindi ito nakareflect sa OR/CR).

Question: When should be my next registration?

1. First week of September 2020. (mauuna ng 4 months sa 3rd yr)
    2. First week of September 2021)with synchronization/late registration fee since the 3rd year after the first registration is January 2021)

Tnx.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post

so mag re register ka on or before January 11, 2021. Either they ask you to pay more than 1 year.. para next registration mo eh Sept. 2022 na. OR they will just ask you to pay an extension Jan. to Sept. 2021.. then babalik ka for regular registration on Sept. 2021.
    yespo.
    pro rata nga ang LTO maningil.
    hindi kayo malulugi, whichever date you choose to go.
    i have experienced both.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thank you.

Also, Can I opt to get the CTPL somewhere else before I go to LTO? I heard na mas mura yung CTPL sa iba (SM/Moneymax, etc). I just dont like getting the CTPL dun sa insurance provider sa tabi ng LTO, parang monopolized na nila yung market.

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post

Last edited by b0y37; February 3rd, 2020 at 12:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    Thank you.

Also, Can I opt to get the CTPL somewhere else before I go to LTO? I heard na mas mura yung CTPL sa iba (SM/Moneymax, etc). I just dont like getting the CTPL dun sa insurance provider sa tabi ng LTO, parang monopolized na nila yung market.
    Yes you can. I got mine online from Paramount for P650. Nagfill-up ako ng form online ng umaga, hapon nareceive ko na yung policy ko. Pinrint ko lang yung policy pagpasok sa email ko.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Good Evening!

I hope my query can be answered.

My car was registered last May 2016 based on a conduction sticker ending 5. After 3 years, I still did not get my plates and so I renewed my registration last May 2019.

My plates just arrived this February 2020 with the ending number being 2. Will I need to renew my registration this February 2020 or in May 2020.

Hope to get a reply.

Thank you in advance.