New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nowitzki41 View Post
    Pero "technically" diba dapat di ka makakakita ng pedestrian dun? Dapat vehicles lang talaga. May signage na nga din mmda na "bawal tumawid at nakamamatay".

Siguro din the driver was doing more than 60kph para mapalipad nya yung pedestrian ng ganon
    Kaya na may contributory negligence yung pedestrian eh.

Still, you ought to know that crossing such as that tend to have real people crossing it despite the lack of markings and despite having proper pedestrian crossings.

We can compute for speed using the video.

Let us say, the distance from impact is 20 meters. How fast did he cover that distance? Maybe three second plus 1 second? Factor in breaking power which will have to be an estimate.

So, the formula would be braking power*(time+1 second)

So, who among you can give me a reasonable braking power of that car in distance/time?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wonder if the pedestrian survived...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    *b_9904 I agree that right of way is not absolute but, if you really want to survive driving in this country, don't bother with the right of way rule. Use common sense & defensive driving. The TF's usually don't honor right of way. Case in point: a vehicle cuts into your lane & your right fender hits his left fender behind his headlight. Though may right of way ka, TF will still see it as your fault since una say ng konting at may visual advantage ka. Laban na lang kayo sa court.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    *b_9904 I agree that right of way is not absolute but, if you really want to survive driving in this country, don't bother with the right of way rule. Use common sense & defensive driving. The TF's usually don't honor right of way. Case in point: a vehicle cuts into your lane & your right fender hits his left fender behind his headlight. Though may right of way ka, TF will still see it as your fault since una say ng konting at may visual advantage ka. Laban na lang kayo sa court.
    this is false. dami nang nagpost dito, both nakatama and tinamaan. always, mali yung nag-cut, kahit nauna sya lumusot.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ang isa sa di ko maintindihan sa pedestrian eh nagmamadaling tumawid kahit naka-stop pa ang walk sign pero dahil naka-go ang mga sasakyan, di rin sila makatawid across the street at nasstuck sa island. then kapag pwede na tumawid (stop na ang mga cars), tatawid na lahat at ilang seconds lang difference ang pagdating sa other end of the pedestrian lane.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    this is false. dami nang nagpost dito, both nakatama and tinamaan. always, mali yung nag-cut, kahit nauna sya lumusot.
    This with the TF or adjudicator? Good to know at least they are more educated & can distinguish now.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

yespo..
    palusot lang yan ni lumulusot.. baka sakaling maniwala yung inosenteng na-bangga niya...
    i have been hit twice already.. both times, the investigator agreed with me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    agree 1000%. i challenged a big insurance company last year to sue me for hitting another vehicle that cut in front of me. they were trying to collect the cost of repair of the car from me. told them to read the police report which vehicle cut in the path of which vehicle. i never heard from them again. it all boils down to how you write your narrative of the accident in the police report. kahit ikaw ang nakabangga but if you have the right of way then insist on it. and make sure the traffic investigator understands that you intend to fight it out in court if need be. pag alam nila na palaban ka they will not take sides (meaning they will not take "lagay" from the other party to make it appear it is your fault). pag eengot-engot ka dun sa police station yari ka. this applies also kung makabangga ka ng pedestrian.
    Last edited by yebo; March 22nd, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The thing about Right of Way is that you should NEVER insist on it.

Oo nakakafrustrate na may tumatawid sa daan kahit may footbridge. Pero tao yan. As drivers you have to acknowledge that your car is a lethal weapon. Pwede ka makapatay.

It's not your jurisdiction to teach them a lesson by running them over. It's the MMDA's responsibility to charge them with jaywalking - obviously not being implemented, but that doesn't mean you take the law into your own hands.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The thing about Right of Way is that you should NEVER insist on it.

Oo nakakafrustrate na may tumatawid sa daan kahit may footbridge. Pero tao yan. As drivers you have to acknowledge that your car is a lethal weapon. Pwede ka makapatay.

It's not your jurisdiction to teach them a lesson by running them over. It's the MMDA's responsibility to charge them with jaywalking - obviously not being implemented, but that doesn't mean you take the law into your own hands.
    Nakakamatay katangahan nun tumawid.

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy doon sa nabangga. Sana mabuhay pero baldado

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast