New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    As my wife and I are in the market for a new pickup, we decided to go around the different dealerships in the metro for the best deal on a new vehicle. We currently have an Altis which is due for replacement and considered another Toyota product given its reliability and durability. So after inquiring on the nearby Mitsubishi dealership we went to the Toyota Manila Bay dealership to inquire on the Hilux pickup. Since this will be my first Toyota truck, I had a lot of questions in mind. More so when the sales agent gave me the brochure, since it said It had the new VNT. i was really expecting that the sales agent will make a sales pitch and sell their pickup, right there and then, however, the miss asked me my preferred model and the pricerange and she started computing for the downpayment and the in house deals, which is fine since pricing is also one of our agenda. After she was done with the quotation, I waited for her to start her sales pitch knowing already that I like to own a pickup. Walk me through the product specs so that I can understand the product better, maake the necessary differentiation, and for me to eventually make an informed decision whether to get their pickup or an Strada. Since that did not materialize, I initiated the Q&A based on their brochure. This is where it all went south. i asked her a question about why its called the new DSL as stated in the pricelist. She hesitated, excused herself and asked a colleague why it so. Alright, that was strange. She came back told me she did not know. So next question I had was about the engine itself. I asked her about the differences between the engines of the lo, mid and high end variants and what was the VNT all about (on a hindsight, this is the new Variable Nozzle Turbo as mentioned on the brochure, however, im still clueless on how it works). She went through the brochure, looked for the VNT and read to me Variable...Nozzle... Turbo. So I asked what does that mean. She answered me without batting an eyelash. Sir, thats only the new design of the hood. It has holes in it for better looks and airflow. So I asked her, if its for better airflow why is it included in the specs of the engine. Shouldnt it be the specs of the exterior if its only aesthetics or superficial reasons? This is where I really got mad because she obviously knows sh*t about the product she is selling. I told her to double check it please because I really dont want to shell out a million pesos for a product that she herself is alien to. She told me if she wants me to talk to her manager. I said yes expecting hat the manager is a more credibke source of info. She left and went to her manager (we did not verify if she did). I was expecting her manager to sit down with us instead to salvage an otherwise pissed off potential customer but that did not happen. To make the lng story short. We thank the Sales agent for wasting our time and stormed out of the dealership really pissed off. Good Job Toyota Manila Bay. Your sales agents are freaking clueless zombies who lacks training and do not deserve to be called professional salespersons. You definitely wont get our business. :nonono

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    VNT = New hood design.
    :hysterical:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have yet to encounter a sales agent knowledgeable on the vehicles they're selling.
    Whenever I go to the dealerships, it's just to see the car I want to purchase up close. And to check for good deals. Never did I go to dealers to ask about the features of the car. I do it in the internet, particularly here in tsikot.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DSL = diesel.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Karamihan naman sa mga sales agent kahit hindi sa kotse walang alam sa binebenta nila, kaya dapat masanay tayo na mag research at magbasa ng reviews ng mga tao sa internet, oo di lahat ng nasa internet eh totoo, pero may idea ka.

Charge it to experience nalang sir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    kahit ang pinaka-madunong kuno na ahente hindi din naman ako naniniwala, a couple or so info, may mga sablay pa din (with possible exception sa car guys na ahente na kilala ko). do your own homework about product info. leave the haggling, discounts and freebies na lang sa ahente.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Dito na lang kayo sa tsikot mag tanong. Pag dating sa dealership wala ka maasahan sa karamihan ng sales agent. Usually mga newbie lang mga sales agent we couldn't blame them.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    napansin ko karamihan sa SA (hindi lahat), pag babae, wala talagang alam sa car info pero mas maalaga. pag lalaki mas may alam pero nangiiwan after bumili compared sa babae. parang lang

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Basta Tsikot has the best source of info pagdating sa ganyan. Naks.

Tama si sir basti, habol mo lang naman sa agent is yung freebies at discounts. Humanap ka ng madaling mauto kaibiganin mo. :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mas worst pa rin yung SA ng mitsubishi laspinas, my officemate was about to buy an EX so he went to the dealer, met the SA once and when he made the appointment para makapag dp di dumating so resched tapos ganun nanaman, so my officemate went to the alabang dealership at dun siya bumili, ngayon si tangang SA tawag ng tawag sa kanya at nakikiusap na reconsider daw niya pagkuha sa kanya. ogag talaga.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Worst Sales Agent - Toyota Manila Bay