New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, 9 Litres ain't bad... The LC80 requires around 10 (1HD-T)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4 View Post
    No naman. Change oil and oil filter lang plus the usual maintenance checks per 5k km and 10k km interval. Probably anywhere between P10-12k/service. I also have my fuel filter replaced every 5k km to be sure. I use Motul CRDI FS oil by the way.
    Thanks sir! I guess it is quite expensive nga considering regular PM lang more or less P10-12k na. Reason I asked is that malaki kasi price difference ng local LC150 (lalo na with LC200) with the local 2013 Pajero (where the regular PM for the Pajero maybe cost lesser pa siguro).

Well if one could bear owning a LC, one should likewise prepare to bear its PM costs.

Thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Thanks sir! I guess it is quite expensive nga considering regular PM lang more or less P10-12k na. Reason I asked is that malaki kasi price difference ng local LC150 (lalo na with LC200) with the local 2013 Pajero (where the regular PM for the Pajero maybe cost lesser pa siguro).

Well if one could bear owning a LC, one should likewise prepare to bear its PM costs.

Thanks again!
    AFAIK, the MS and SF PMS costs also hit over 10K if i recall correctly.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    if you can afford an LC. i think PMS would not bother you anymore.. well over here it really is very expensive to buy an LC, but in other countries like africa.. they are pretty much affordable.. closer to home.. in Papau New Guinea, the LC70 pickup or ute is the jeepney over there.. i dont think you could drive for less than 5 minutes and not see one. in those countries they use the LC for what it was made for.. and you need an LC to get through the roads in the first place.

my dad own an LC 80 in PNG.. and it basically goes anywhere.. naka ARB air locker eh.. hehe..

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    It's a Toyota

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After the warranty period, the maintenance costs pretty much lessen. I just have the neighborhood mechanic change the oil and doc g does the repairs on my 94 cruiser.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    if you can afford an LC. i think PMS would not bother you anymore.. well over here it really is very expensive to buy an LC, but in other countries like africa.. they are pretty much affordable.. closer to home.. in Papau New Guinea, the LC70 pickup or ute is the jeepney over there.. i dont think you could drive for less than 5 minutes and not see one. in those countries they use the LC for what it was made for.. and you need an LC to get through the roads in the first place.

my dad own an LC 80 in PNG.. and it basically goes anywhere.. naka ARB air locker eh.. hehe..
    Your statement is very correct, if you can afford an LC, it means you can afford its maintenance cost.

Same with owning other luxury vehicles that are guzzlers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rule i guess is not always the same. There are car models kasi that are not that expensive to buy, but PM costs and parts availability will kill you (even luma na). There are others that are not that expensive but yet, PM costs are justified and parts can be readily available (even with your suking tindahan). But there really are ones that are expensive to buy, and so as their PM costs with parts availability confined to selected stores.

I guess LC has set a niche in the SUV category, where owners are proud to have one.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4 View Post
    Ok pa naman FM ko still going strong. Yon ang pang araw araw namin. Hehe. Di ko pa napapakabit yung drop brackets. Sige schedule ko sa 25th. I'll call GP. Good yan na mag LC ka. PM kita sa mobile numbers ko. Coordinate tayo. Maayos kausap sila GP.
    oist paj4x4; tuloy ba kayo sat? been to Dr.G a week ago(muntik pa kami magkita Otep) para sched ang replacement ng electronic locking hub ko to manual hub(i need a spacer) and maybe since nandun na replace yung mga oil seal ng differential. i might drop by also sa 25.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mukhang hindi ako makakapunta kay dr.g this saturday. Im still stuck in Thailand. Sa saturday pa ako makakauwi.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast