New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPatatas View Post
    Greetings po mga Tsikoters.

Balak ko po bumili ng brand new na Vios this coming week. Ok po ba ang Toyota Vios na 1.3J M/T? Gagamitin ko lang naman po eto pampasok sa trabaho and minsan sa paguwi sa probinsya.

Pakishare naman po ang mga experiences niyo at observation sa car na to.

1. Riding comfort
    2. Durability
    3. Fuel Consumption
    4. Maintenance
    5. Performance sa mga long trips
    6. Appearance/Looks

Ano po ang maibibigay niyo na good qualities ng car na eto? Bad qualities na rin po. Eto lang kasi ang kaya ng budget ko and hindi ko na kaya lumagpas ng 600k.
    Ok naman ang J, slap new mags then tapos!! May power windows naman, but you may want to upgrade the stereo unit.

Here are my observations, although I haven't driven or owned a Vios, I rode in a taxicab Vios twice:

1. Ok naman ang riding comfort, basta lang alaga ang suspension system.
    2. Durable ang Vios, just ask the cabbies out there
    3. For a 1.3L car, good fuel consumption. There was a fuel economy test by the DOE back in 2008 and the Vios was included in the top 10
    4. Maraming spare parts ang Toyota. Mura ang PMS sa dealer
    5. Cannot comment on this, but ok naman, as long as the vehicle isn't fully loaded.
    6. As they say, "The beauty is in the eye of the beholder" it's you who will be the judge. Pero the Vios is easy on the eye, not too polarizing.

Happy Shopping!
    Last edited by myk384; May 5th, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. Riding comfort

- Pretty good. I like the Honda City better, but the Vios has better seats. The Mazda2 and Fiesta are better, but much more expensive than the 1.3 MT.

2. Durability

- Pretty good if you maintain it well and don't run it the way taxi drivers do. Though I have noticed in Vios test units that they're sensitive to running in the heat, and you will notice the electric steering and automatic transmission act differently after sitting in hot traffic for a while. That said, since it's a 1.3 MT, the heat issues aren't going to be as bad as with the 1.5 MT.

3. Fuel Consumption

- This is one place where Toyota is still at the top or near the top of the class.

4. Maintenance

- About the same as with most any other manufacturer while you're still in warranty. When out of warranty, parts are a bit cheaper.

5. Performance sa mga long trips

- No complaints, I've taken the Vios on very long out of town trips... though the rear axle doesn't ride that well over rough roads (oscillates)

6. Appearance/Looks

- Not too many pogi points, but dress it up properly it's okay. Just don't go for the ridiculous lipstick chrome grilles.

-

The Vios isn't my first pick in subcompacts, and at the 1.5G range, it's completely uncompetitive with newer cars in terms of interior features and technical specs... but a 1.3 MT is a very practical car, and is a very good buy. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Natatawa ako dyan sa video na yan. Parang napaka-bilis ng Vios para sa kanya.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalGirl View Post
    Pero, okay na nga ba ang mga Hyundai? or its yet to be tested?
    Hindi siguro kami bibili ng 4 na Hyundai kung hindi ok diba..

BTT: Vios is a good car. We still have the Gen 2 1.5 G A/T, it's faster than Mazda 3 1.6 so it is fast enough for me. 52,000 kms on the clock still no headaches. Ang mura pa ng maintenance, as in sobrang mura.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    para sa akin mas gusto ko ginagamit yung vios 2011 1.3j M/T kaysa sa i10 ni wifey

hindi matagtag
    lakas ng aircon
    tahimik sa loob, hindi masyado rinig ang ingay ng kalsada
    all power na except side mirror

medyo matigas lang ang clutch compare sa naunang vios (06), saka mas malakas sa gas vs. 06

naka auto-up na ang windows sa drivers side saka mist na yung windshield washer

parang short throw na din yung shift stick

sa totoo lang mas gusto ko to idrive kaysa sa MS
    Last edited by JJGF; May 5th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you po sa inyong lahat sa pagbibigay ng mga feedbacks. Honestly first choice po talaga namin ng father ko is civic, pero due to budget restraint malabo na makabili kami ng civic, I decided to ask around regarding Vios and I was amazed to get a lot of positive comments regarding this car.

I wish na makakuha ng higher variant pero hanggang J lang po talaga ang kaya ko, and knowing that this car can get me from point A to point B and save me from the hassle of daily commuting, I am more at ease na bilhin ang kotse na to.

But to quote yung sinabi ni si Sir JJGF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    para sa akin mas gusto ko ginagamit yung vios 2011 1.3j M/T kaysa sa i10 ni wifey
    hindi matagtag
    lakas ng aircon
    tahimik sa loob, hindi masyado rinig ang ingay ng kalsada
    all power na except side mirror
    eto na po ba ang features ng J variant? kasi yung nakalagay po sa website ng toyota is Power Steering lang, yung power window,doorlock and outer mirrors ay Without. or baka mali lang po pagkakaintindi ko.

6. Join Date
    May 2005

eto na po ba ang features ng J variant? kasi yung nakalagay po sa website ng toyota is Power Steering lang, yung power window,doorlock and outer mirrors ay Without. or baka mali lang po pagkakaintindi ko.
    Check the website now:

http://www.toyota.com.ph/cars/new_ca.../fullspecs.asp

Power Steering With
    Power Window With Jam Protection
    Power Door Lock With Driver Side
    Power Outer Mirrors Without

At pahirapan ang supply ng 1.3 J due to the earthquake in Japan. At tinanggal na yung discount of Php 20,000.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ang alam ko wala rin keyless entry ang Vios J

--

The Vios is a pretty good car. It's small. Light and fast. One thing I don't like about it is it's center-mounted instrument panel & the " thin " feeling that I get whenever I lay myself on its body. But it can get you from point A to point B pretty well without having any problems, the fuel efficiency is commendable, someone here * tsikot topped up * 22km/L.

One thing that I like more about the Vios is its lights. Maliwanag. These are the things you don't see regularly on a sub-compact car that's priced at sub-600k ( Vios J )

IMO, if you'll dress up the vehicle. Get the Vios J. It'd be more ... practical that way. Silver looks good though common & it's pretty easy to maintain than shades which shines more. And rims of almost any color can look good at silver bodies.

But then again, you get what you pay for. You pay cheap, you don't get that " executive " look. You pay cheap, you wont be a looker. You pay cheap, that some might even title your car as a " taxi " ... but care less, mga inggit lang yung mga taong yun. `cause they might drive the best of both worlds ( looks & comfort ) but you got your toy for a very ... very cheap price & you can still maintain this at a very ... very cheap cost.

Last year, I went to check the facelifted Vios J ( - I got curious ) Asked about its availability, and they said if ever I'd order one I'd be 15th on the waiting list.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thank you po sa inyong lahat sa pagbibigay ng mga feedbacks. Honestly first choice po talaga namin ng father ko is civic, pero due to budget restraint malabo na makabili kami ng civic, I decided to ask around regarding Vios and I was amazed to get a lot of positive comments regarding this car.

I wish na makakuha ng higher variant pero hanggang J lang po talaga ang kaya ko, and knowing that this car can get me from point A to point B and save me from the hassle of daily commuting, I am more at ease na bilhin ang kotse na to.

baka hindi pa updated yung site.

alam ko hanggang early 2011 yan talaga sa "J" pero ngayon all power na except side mirrors

hindi ako pwede magkamali dahil meron kami

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010

kaka-drive ko lang ng new vios J ng tita ko, power windows, doorlock an nga. yung mirror di ko na maalala. comments ko lang medyo mahina hatak sa simula pero pag naka bwelo okay na, tapos yung brother ko nakaupo sa likod di nya nagustuhan yung ride, pero yung ibang small car na madalas masakyan nun mga benz at carens..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir renzo meron na keyless/alarm. ang pangit nga lang. sobra sensitive nung mga buttons konting dikit lang mapipindot na agad

yung silver nga maganda "thermalyte" ata ang tawag. kahit 3weeks na walang linisan hindi mo mapapansin ang alikabok

saka sa headlights maliwanag nga halos hindi mo na kailangan mag hi beam

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Is Vios a good car?