New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ayos pala tong Vios 1.3. Ung sa Fast and Furious ung toyota supra todo ang nilagay na mods para maging 10 sec car.
    Eh ung sa thread starter KNN air filter lang nag 9 secs agad :-p

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk View Post
    Ayos pala tong Vios 1.3. Ung sa Fast and Furious ung toyota supra todo ang nilagay na mods para maging 10 sec car.
    yung sa akin nga 10 sec car din eh. 10 sec behind sa kanya.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox168 View Post
    dont know about the 1st gen vios performance mine is 2nd gen vios.

peace
    2nd gen yung kay Starex_Gold

Hahahahahaha ! Natawa ako dito. :P

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    we were actually talking about 0-100km/h speed, not 1/4 mile time.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We have a 2nd gen Vios 1.3 m/t in the province and i can say its not blessed enough to reach 100kph at less than 10 sec.

More importantly, what is the issue if a Vios can do 100kph in less than 10sec or hit 200kph (as in the other thread)? Its a good, affordable, efficient daily driver and not a pocket-racer vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's just that some people wish it had more of a shot of adrenaline.

What really throws people off is Toyota's engine mapping. Because Toyota has an engine map that opens the throttle wide even when you're only pressing on the gas pedal lightly, it feels really fast... but when you get to the stopwatch, it isn't so.

Still... there is hope. The Vios TRD suspension is a lovely upgrade for the Vios... a Vios 1.5G MT with the TRD Suspension upgrade (the only part of the TRD package worth buying, IMHO) is a right gas to drive and is amazingly capable... though it's not as light and feathery feeling as the Mazda2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's just that some people wish it had more of a shot of adrenaline.
    Err... Nitrometh? Hehehe....

If i had a Vios as a daily driver and a weekend toy, i would also play more on the suspension just as well over the engine (and fix the lousy seating position). I won't bother much with straight line performance; there will always be bigger fish in the sea (i.e. LPG powered Lynx RS). :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We have a 2nd gen Vios 1.3 m/t in the province and i can say its not blessed enough to reach 100kph at less than 10 sec.

More importantly, what is the issue if a Vios can do 100kph in less than 10sec or hit 200kph (as in the other thread)? Its a good, affordable, efficient daily driver and not a pocket-racer vehicle.
    Unfortunately, lots of Vios on the road now with the looks straight out of Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unfortunately, lots of Vios on the road now with the looks straight out of Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift.
    so true, it makes me wonder why people would waste money to make a slow car less slow. not bashing the vios it's a great and practical car, but if you're looking for speed and power this car has none.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hehe... reminds me of when we borrowed the Vios TRD.

It had a full bodykit, TRD mags and a wing. I actually liked the wing and sideskirts... the front lip, not so much...

I was on the highway, just cruising, when I passed another Vios. All of a sudden, he's up on my tail, weaving left, right, and on the shoulder. He's got a bodykit, a hood scoop, and LED lighting plastered all over the car like it's a Christmas tree.

He zooms past me going over 140 km/h... then gets stuck behind a bus. I pass him. He zooms past me going even faster on the other side, then gets stuck behind a truck. I pass him. This goes on for a while, then he gets stuck somewhere and I don't see him again for several minutes. Finally, there's a flash of silver in my mirrors, coming up at high speed.

I signal and pull out to pass the truck in front of me. He latches onto my tail just to make sure I can't lose him... I maintain my... *yawn* 100 km/h pace and pay no attention. He pulls out all the way to the right shoulder (when I've left the two lanes on the left side free) and downshifts and revs his nuts off and slowly pulls away. Me? Still doing 100 km/h. And that's my exit coming up. :hysterical:

Dumbass. That was the most boring "kill" of my life. Winning against another driver on "cruise mode", switching merely between the middle two lanes of the highway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Vios 1.3 M/T faster than Mazda 3 2.0R!