New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Turbo gas is much better to drive. Even the cars with small displacement turbo gas engines are better in terms of acceleration against the usual crop of PPVs, pickups, and MPVs.

Except the Euro turbo diesels, they are more refined and better in driving feel.

If you want to make the most of NA gas engines, rev them higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agreed. like the GR yaris which has a 1.6L three cylinder turbo that makes nearly a 300hp. not just that even larger turbo gas engines like lancer evo, gtr, supra etc..

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Turbo gas is much better to drive. Even the cars with small displacement turbo gas engines are better in terms of acceleration against the usual crop of PPVs, pickups, and MPVs.

Except the Euro turbo diesels, they are more refined and better in driving feel.

If you want to make the most of NA gas engines, rev them higher.

bro baka masagot nyo, bakit mas mataas gain ng HP and torque sa speedlab pag PPV with turbo diesels vs e.g. NA sedans like civic etc

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro baka masagot nyo, bakit mas mataas gain ng HP and torque sa speedlab pag PPV with turbo diesels vs e.g. NA sedans like civic etc
    Because of the turbocharger. If no turbocharger yung Diesel engine, low gains rin yun. Think of a tuned Adventure, hehehe.

Turbo gas engines can have better gains when tuned properly. Yung old Legacy GT 2.5T is rated stock around 270hp/350Nm but if tuned, some can do 400hp/500Nm. Yung WRX STi ng owner ng GAT Performance is tuned to 500hp.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Because of the turbocharger. If no turbocharger yung Diesel engine, low gains rin yun. Think of a tuned Adventure, hehehe.

Turbo gas engines can have better gains when tuned properly. Yung old Legacy GT 2.5T is rated stock around 270hp/350Nm but if tuned, some can do 400hp/500Nm. Yung WRX STi ng owner ng GAT Performance is tuned to 500hp.

thanks! laki nga talon ng naka turbo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diesel engines are very torquey to begin with

halos lahat ng lakas available sa low rpm range unlike gas engines

and diesel engines are stronger/thicker/more robust than gas engines so mas kayang kaya maghandle ng boost

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    diesel engines are very torquey to begin with

halos lahat ng lakas available sa low rpm range unlike gas engines

and diesel engines are stronger/thicker/more robust than gas engines so mas kayang kaya maghandle ng boost
    Well, some gas turbo engines already have their peak torque available as early as 1500 rpm. These usually apply to Euro cars.

For the usual gas turbo engines, peak torque is around 2000 to 5500 rpm. Turbo diesel couldn’t keep up with such a wider rpm band plus turbo gas gets more power for the same displacement. Most gas engines get peak power at 6k rpm. What more with those gas engines with an 8k redline?

Turbo Diesel engines are more robust thus they are preferred for use in trucks. In terms of performance, it can’t stack up with turbo gas engines. Mayrun bang performance car na diesel? Wala eh.

Last edited by Egan101; February 11th, 2021 at 03:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Well, some gas turbo engines already have their peak torque available as early as 1500 rpm. These usually apply to Euro cars.

For the usual gas turbo engines, peak torque is around 2000 to 5500 rpm. Turbo diesel couldn’t keep up with such a wider rpm band plus turbo gas gets more power for the same displacement. Most gas engines get peak power at 6k rpm. What more with those gas engines with an 8k redline?

Turbo Diesel engines are more robust thus they are preferred for use in trucks. In terms of performance, it can’t stack up with turbo gas engines. Mayrun bang performance car na diesel? Wala eh.

Audi R8 V12 tdi

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

wait lang did i sound pro diesel?

i was only saying mas makapal ang block ng diesel engines coz that's what they're designed for -- to handle a lot of pressure

coz kalabaw mga yan pang hila

kaya pwede mo lagyan ng malaking turbo mga yan dahil makapal mga block, mataba mga piesa

i don't like diesels i only owned 1 (a pajero) and never went back to diesel

dito lang sa Pinas meron romance with diesel

sa ibang bansa pang business lang ang diesel di pang personal use

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wait lang did i sound pro diesel?

i was only saying mas makapal ang block ng diesel engines coz that's what they're designed for -- to handle a lot of pressure

coz kalabaw mga yan pang hila

kaya pwede mo lagyan ng malaking turbo mga yan dahil makapal mga block, mataba mga piesa

i don't like diesels i only owned 1 (a pajero) and never went back to diesel

If you’ve been to Europe, super obsessed din sila sa diesels dun.

Pinakamabentang BMW is the 320d.

Of course switching na rin to electric/hybrid, but outside of Scandinavia, low adoption pa rin relatively.

Last edited by jut703; February 12th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019

exactly what to blame is yung mga PUVs like UV express, jeepneys, buses lahat powered by diesel kaya mababa ang price sa gasoline.

Pang commercial vehicles lang yung diesel sa ibang countries like for example, North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico) yung mga diesel lang nila is yung mga heavy duty pickups like the Ford super duty F250-750 powerstroke, chevy silverado hd /gmc sierra hd duramax, ram hd cummins. even yung vans nila katulad ng ford transit (same engine ng everest/ranger 2.0 bi turbo) , chevy express (same engine sa colorado/trailblazer 2.8 duramax)

medyo rare sa kanila ang diesel cars and suvs. may pickup na light duty sila na diesel pero di mabenta unlike dito sa pinas and other countries. note that may ford f150 sa states na may diesel pero here ecoboost gas lang ang available. (Maybe not to cannibalize ranger sales?)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast