New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Pag may pang bili yung conumer

Just like the old AE111 Corolla Turbo released locally to counter attack the SiR... I don't see any of those around anymore.

pano ba naman dagdag ka ng 110k noon...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    Toyota Motor Thailand (TMT) is understood to be planning the launch of a turbocharged version of its Soluna Vios compact this year to give the line a sporty option.

A turbo could boost the power of the standard 1.5-litre four-cylinder Vios engine from 110ps to around 150ps, and a stronger suspension would be fitted to cope with the additional output.
    The turbo launch may well tie in with the launch of a Vios one-make race series, with two classes of car competing over five legs. Sources in Thailand say the racers will compete for cash prized of 1.6 million baht (USD). TMT says its marketing effort this year will endeavour to be more interactive, allowing for more customer participation and product testing. TMT has powered ahead in the first quarter of 2003, selling 40,906 vehicles for an overall market share of 34.4 percent. In the passenger car sector, it sold 20,925 units to lead second-placed Honda by a wide margin

from thai yahoo group conversation....

I have to hand it to Toyota: they are masters of marketing (eventhough they cheat often) and they certainly have the right people running the marketing department.

Despite what we say about the technology being state of the art in the City's 88ps iDSI engine, the fact remains that many enthusiasts still yearns for more power. Indeed in recent months, the Vios has begun to exploit its advantage of having a more powerful engine with the last figures indicating that it has finally overtaken the City in terms of sales - outselling the City by 2 : 1 !!!

To handle this, Honda Asia introduced the new 110ps VTEC City in Thailand just a few days ago, and should be filtering it down to ASEAN over the next few months.

And Toyota, to counter this, actually introduced the limited edition, TRD Vios TURBO just ONE DAY after the VTEC City's launch in Bangkok ! The killer is while Honda is conservative and unadventurous, introducing the VTEC City only after it's ready for sale, Toyota unashamefully introduced the VIOS TURBO and then tell people 'sorry car not available yet, have to wait a few months'. In fact, even the price is not available yet. Guess I now know where our local Proton guys learnt their trick ! (the Gen2 is not available for delivery yet) !!

The Vios turbo is a limited edition run of only 600 units. It's fitted with a TRD turbo-intercooler unit that costs over 100k Thai Baht (or around RM10k) and boosts the Vios' power output to 140+ps. Wah, even I have to salute the Toyota Thai's marketing people's resourcefullness !!

It's shocking but I guess we need this kind of thing in order to shock Honda into becoming more aggressive. I know the Honda Malaysia guys are already talking about this. I hope this makes them more aggressive for this year, especially with their target of fighting with Toyota for the No-1 non national car position for this year 2004

toyota vios can upgrade to 150hp ... really ? i'm daniel here. i'm very interested about this ... may i know where i can go to modify my original vios engine ? thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    turbo charge it!

try speedlab along quezon ave.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel6869 View Post
    toyota vios can upgrade to 150hp ... really ? i'm daniel here. i'm very interested about this ... may i know where i can go to modify my original vios engine ? thanks.
    Vios 1.5 Turbo

Max Power: 143 hp
    Max Torque: 196 Nm
    Compression ratio: 10.5:1
    0-100km/h: est 8.1 sec

*only 600 were produced.

The previous gen euro market Yaris T Sport's 1.5 Turbo produced 150hp and 200Nm of torque.
    Last edited by AG4; October 31st, 2006 at 09:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    turbo charge it!

try speedlab along quezon ave.
    Mahal ata doon eh.

Anyways, small-body sedans like Vios having a turbo? Hindi ba parang nakakatakot? Feel ko parang nilagyan mo ng turbo ang multicab (malapad lang ng konti ang Vios).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    personally a Toyota Camry 3.0L turbo sounds a lot better than an Altis turbo. hehehe :D

yeah!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Anyways, small-body sedans like Vios having a turbo? Hindi ba parang nakakatakot? Feel ko parang nilagyan mo ng turbo ang multicab (malapad lang ng konti ang Vios).
    di ba ganyan ginagawa sa ford laser, mitsubishi colt, at toyota starlet dati?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Mahal ata doon eh.

Not really... according to the stats given, that's not even as quick as an SiR...

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Vios 1.5 Turbo

Max Power: 143 hp
    Max Torque: 196 Nm
    Compression ratio: 10.5:1
    0-100km/h: est 8.1 sec

*only 600 were produced.

The previous gen euro market Yaris T Sport's 1.5 Turbo produced 150hp and 200Nm of torque.

Very conservative speed estimate. The Lynx RS is 1235 kgs and it does the deal in 8.2 - 8.3. I'd expect a Vios with the same power to do it in the mid sevens.

----

Expensive? Vios 1.5 at 700+ k, add turbo kit, around 150k (sureball), 850k, possible 160 hp (don't know how much more the plastic intake manifold can hold) and flat seven 0-100 km/h times.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    personally a Toyota Camry 3.0L turbo sounds a lot better than an Altis turbo. hehehe :D
    twin turbo nalang or supercharge!!

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Expensive? Vios 1.5 at 700+ k, add turbo kit, around 150k (sureball), 850k, possible 160 hp (don't know how much more the plastic intake manifold can hold) and flat seven 0-100 km/h times.
    madali lang naman magpafabricate ng bagong turbo manifold using TIG weld stainless steel

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Wow..

thats yummy..

I wanna have one..

Hope aabot dito..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Turbo VIOS