New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What's the variant of your Vios?

Voters
599. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1.3J

86 14.36%
  • 1.3E

279 46.58%
  • 1.3G

56 9.35%
  • 1.5G

117 19.53%
  • 1.5 XX

4 0.67%
  • 1.5S

2 0.33%
  • 1.5SE

5 0.83%
  • I don't own a VIOS.

50 8.35%
Page 1152 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 10521102114211481149115011511152115311541155 LastLast
Results 11,511 to 11,520 of 11542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    dun kasi sa company namin.. ang fleet namin ay toyota innova, fortuner, isuzu mux, crosswind.. meron din vios dati pero di tumatagal kaya puro innova na kinukuha.. karamihan ng driver, bata or matanda ay balasubas patakbuhin yung sasakyan.. sagasa sa lubak, arangkada ng todo, slide clutch sabay bitaw.. talagang bugbogan.. kasi hindi sa kanila yung sasakyan tapos libre pa fuel..

may isa dun balasubas mag drive lagi hataw.. pero sa sasakyan nya ingat na ingat.. bagal magpatakbo..

ang service vehicle nya innova diesel.. pero yung personal car nya, multicab..

madalas sabi pa sa akin, sarap daw mag drive ng libre fuel.. kasi pag sya daw, tipid na tipid
    parang ang daming pwedeng itawag dyan sir,

inconsiderate, insensitive, selfish, disrespectful, IGNORANT, what else?

i hate people who are given privilege and abuse it for no good reason at all, just for self satisfaction.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    dun kasi sa company namin.. ang fleet namin ay toyota innova, fortuner, isuzu mux, crosswind.. meron din vios dati pero di tumatagal kaya puro innova na kinukuha.. karamihan ng driver, bata or matanda ay balasubas patakbuhin yung sasakyan.. sagasa sa lubak, arangkada ng todo, slide clutch sabay bitaw.. talagang bugbogan.. kasi hindi sa kanila yung sasakyan tapos libre pa fuel..

may isa dun balasubas mag drive lagi hataw.. pero sa sasakyan nya ingat na ingat.. bagal magpatakbo..

madalas sabi pa sa akin, sarap daw mag drive ng libre fuel.. kasi pag sya daw, tipid na tipid
    given the chance,
    i'd fire him.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    given the chance,
    i'd fire him.
    given that you're entrusted with something, you're not suppose to abuse them. TKO kaagad

BTW, my 275k odo Vios now consumes at least 100ml of engine oil per 1000km travelled. Reference lang for those wondering how their older engines are doing.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    given that you're entrusted with something, you're not suppose to abuse them. TKO kaagad

BTW, my 275k odo Vios now consumes at least 100ml of engine oil per 1000km travelled. Reference lang for those wondering how their older engines are doing.
    errr,
    is this normal for the car?

during the days of the old electromechanical engines, i.e., 1970s and older,
    by the time for the 5000 km oil change, it was 'acceptable' for the sump oil level to have dropped about between the hi and low dipstick marks, sometimes more. that's about half a liter's worth of oil.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr,
    is this normal for the car?

during the days of the old electromechanical engines, i.e., 1970s and older,
    by the time for the 5000 km oil change, it was 'acceptable' for the sump oil level to have dropped about between the hi and low dipstick marks, sometimes more. that's about half a liter's worth of oil.
    I don't think it's normal either. However, since I do the oil change myself, I found out that the volume between Hi and Low markers on the dipstick actually accounts for 1.5li of oil.

So between oil changes, even if I don't top off, I still don't go below the Min mark until the next change. I'm thinking this may have something to do with the piston rings already given the car's odo. No white/black smokes form the pipe though and engine still performs what I ask of it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016

Ako ba tinutukoy mo hehe. Kaya tuloy nasabi ko na napakatibay ng Civic FG, we both went to hell and back [emoji48]

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    I don't think it's normal either. However, since I do the oil change myself, I found out that the volume between Hi and Low markers on the dipstick actually accounts for 1.5li of oil.

So between oil changes, even if I don't top off, I still don't go below the Min mark until the next change. I'm thinking this may have something to do with the piston rings already given the car's odo. No white/black smokes form the pipe though and engine still performs what I ask of it.
    its normal na may bawas talaga yan oil.. mas worried pa ako kung tumaas yung level kasi possible may fuel dilution yung oil.. mababawasan yan since yung oil masusunog yan.. pwede din yung talsik (mist) naka halo sa blowby gas na mapupunta naman sa intake

pero given that mileage malamang matigas na yung piston rings nyan.. same dun sa 3ZZ engine ng altis.. ganyan din nauubos, around 1 liter kasi matigas na pala yung piston rings.. no usok or hirap humatak symptoms..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

pero given that mileage malamang matigas na yung piston rings nyan.. same dun sa 3ZZ engine ng altis.. ganyan din nauubos, around 1 liter kasi matigas na pala yung piston rings.. no usok or hirap humatak symptoms..
    if you haven't yet,
    try driving it in the expressway.
    the prolonged hi speed driving might just loosen them deposits...
    the so-called italian tune-up.
    what have we got to lose?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Unfortunately for us here in Cebu, there's no road where I can run on a long and sustained high rpm. Although, every time I get the chance to drive the Vios, I usually redline it once or twice in the middle of the trip. Of course when engine is within normal op temp already.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Toyota Vios Batman
    DIY Tail Light Replacement:

1) Remove the four plastic clips with a flat screw driver
    2) Disconnect the replay using the flat screw driver
    3) Loosen/remove the two nuts of the two bolts
    4) Pull out the tail light
    5) Twist the three light bulbs counter-clockwise to loosen
    6) Transfer the light bulbs to the new tail light
    7) Install the new tail light.. reverse lang ng procedures.img20220624164751.jpgimg20220624180734.jpgimg20220624180742.jpgimg20220624164830.jpg

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Toyota Vios Owners & Discussions Thread