New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by an0nim0us
    Why is it an issue to use Altis (or other cars) as taxi? Bawas pogi points ba yun sa naka Altis? hehehe
    Of course not. On the contrary, allowing Toyotas to be used as taxis is an opportunity to prove how tough the cars are. Most taxis I see are the same car as mine, and there are even some GLi's. I've also ridden Corolla taxis and the drivers are happy to tell me how reliable and easy it is to maintain their cabs.

All-in-all, taxi conversion doesn't discount the fact that the AE101/EE100 Corolla is the best small sedan during its time. The current Altis is still the benchmark too. The 3 and Focus may be a new challenge altogether, but heck, they don't have a manual gearbox to begin with. Also, neither have a proven track record unlike the Toyota.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pangit din yun benta by quantity-flood the market-cheap type of selling like the taxis. ang nangyari dini-DIY ng mga operators yun Toyota corolla para mas lalo makatipid

and the current taxi rates we have today, taxi commuters deserve at least a presentable taxi car. hindi yun dilapidated corolla's na parang sumakay ka din sa tig P10 na FX.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nakasabay ko this morning:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    new altis pa yan ha with the revised taillights

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    At least they are left with no other choice but to use quality compact cars and especially one with a more suitable 1.6L engine. Its also about time they upgrade the taxi on the roads since the ones on the road look like they were salvaged from the junkyards.

IMO, subcompacts are not so suitable for the taxi fleet operators since its a little bit cramped inside esp. if the passenger is tall. But the Vios is still better compared to those days when they used various trims of the Daewoo Elantra (mid 90's) and Suzuki (late 80's and early 90's).

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    P.S. Haven't really been to CDO, pero yun halos ang pinagmamayabang ng dormmates at classmates ko galing Minda. "Pangit ng mga taxi dito sa Maynila, Kia! Samin Altis!"

Sagot ko sa kanila: "Sa Cavite City nga ang taxi mo tricycle, mas mahal pa yung bayad kesa sa flagdown* ng taxi dito." (P15-P20 yung tricycle lahat na parang taxi, depende sa driver kaya hindi ako nagta-trycycle sa amin).

*As of writing.

I wouldn't mind if there would be a lot of taxis that are the same as my car. Flood of spare parts, wheeeeeee! Hell, our white Corolla AE101 XL looks exactly like a taxi, being a white AE101. Minsan pa nga kinakawayan kami ng mga nagaabang ng taxi eh, heheheh.

I think taxis should be comfortable middle-class transport, allowing people who don't own cars to experience (relative) luxury and making the streets prettier. Unlike what it is now, an expensive ride home in a beat up Pride for someone who just did the groceries.
    agree!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    aba mas malupit pala nakita mo carlo kaysa sa akin..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    nakasabay ko this morning:
    *revives thread*

Holy biowaste! I think that's the exact taxi that pulled up in front of our dorm this morning! Better take a look at the pic of the thing that my dormmate took!

Lovely thing.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    in the US allegedly they use american cars as taxis, and they use them for A MILLION MILES before retiring them. they say the jap cars don't last that long daw.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    in the US allegedly they use american cars as taxis, and they use them for A MILLION MILES before retiring them. they say the jap cars don't last that long daw.
    <British Accent>Right.</British Accent>

How come they break down before the 10,000 mark way more often than Japanese cars then?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Toyota Taxis (Altis / Vios / Innova)