New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Let him rant about it... Baka masosolve problema niya..

Meron talagang mga taong ganyan, may pambili ng kotse walang pang maintenance..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

pretty dense huh. to reiterate i'd gladly pay for PMS that my car REALLY NEEDS

do you work for toyota? or just a fanboy?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Toyota has set higher standard at 5k PMS interrval, its not their problem if you will compare lower standards of other marques.. If you don't wan't the rule then don't buy the brand, simple as that.

If i were you, I'd stop ranting and follow stealership advise, then after 3yrs/100k kms do whatever you want.

wow where's the logic here? are you saying that hondas are inferior but somehow they can survive the longer PMS intervals that toyotas can't tolerate???

as i've said hondas do just fine with 10,000 interval. they must be built to higher tolerances then haha. so what about that toyota "higher standard" that you're talking about?

again you don't see the issue here. actually it's also 10,000 with toyotas under normal schedule. see above posts.

anyway i'm now convinced why toyota imposes the 5,000 interval here in the philippines. there are so many willing victims :P

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    OB is that you?

Maybe you're correct, most of us don't see the issue, everyone who buys Toyotas (and contribute to making Toyota number 1) are idiots. You are the only enlightened one.
    Last edited by Walter; February 6th, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang rule ko lang sa pms

pag mineral, every 5k

pag FS, every 10k

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    FWIW, there's usually also a time interval between PMS schedules that must be adhered to if the car is seldom used. On the matter of my car, I don't even base it on the mileage since my PMS interval is every 6 months. I'm averaging only about 10,000km per year.

On the Honda manual, it says that the PMS should be 10k or 1 year (whichever comes first) for REGULAR driving conditions and 5k or 6 months (whichever comes first) for SEVERE driving conditions. Honda defines it as SEVERE if the car is driven MAINLY under one or more of the following conditions: (items in bold are typically the conditions we have here)

• Driving less than 8 km (5 miles) per trip or, in freezing temperatures, driving less than 16 km (10 miles) per trip.
    • Driving in extremely hot over 35 °C (95 °F) conditions.
    • Extensive idling, or long periods of stop-and-go driving.
    • Trailer towing, driving with a car-top carrier, or driving in mountainous conditions.
    • Driving on muddy, dusty, or de-iced roads.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ts has a point. Kung uunawain si ts maiintindihan rin since regular driving sa iba lugi nga naman sa 5k pms. I think ginawa nalang ng toyota golden rule of every 5k pms dahil hindi lahat ay nagbabasa ng manual or marunong sa kotse parang sinasabi ni ts na dapat may choice tayo mamili kung 5k or 10k pms tayo depedns on the driving condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    There is really nothing wrong with the 5.000 KM PMS. You may opt to use FS oil and balik ka every 10k PMS. Walang kaso sa Toyota yun. If you think Toyota's policy was a scam... Paano naman sa Hyundai? Their PMS is either 5k or 3 months whichever comes first. Of course Hyundai will stick with the 3 months. Imagine if you dont use your car that much or just get around 1000 kms per month thats just 3000 kms and kailangan ka na pumunta ng casa for PMS. They also follow a specific routine for PMS. Even if you just reached 5000 KMS you may be doing a routine for 10k-15k PMS which may cost more.

As for Honda, they do ask customer to do PMS every 10k. Not sure if this is due to the engine or maybe the oil being used. It started around the 2001 models of Honda Civic. But every 5k you have to check on your oil level and may require for you to somehow top up the oil just to be sure that its on the correct oil level.

As for my 2003 Altis, Im already using a FS oil (Motul Htech) but I still do change oil every 5k just to prevent possible sludging of the engine. (this is already outside casa)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    this reminds me of the M-16 and the AK-47.
    the M-16 was a precision-made marksman's rifle, but needed regular cleaning to prevent fouling up.
    the AK-47 was pang-harabas, built to larger tolerances, needing less maintenance, and as a result was not as accurate as the competition.

so is toyota precision-made and needs regular cleaning?
    what does that suggest of the others?

i remember a few years ago, the altis (and other cars, too? i don't know..) had a reputation for oil sludging if not religiously serviced...

i also vaguely remember that sometime ago, the altis was up there in the fuel frugality listing..
    Last edited by dr. d; February 7th, 2014 at 03:58 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    There is no way for Toyota to know if you are driving in normal or severe conditions.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblueyes View Post
    There is no way for Toyota to know if you are driving in normal or severe conditions.
    as a manufacturer, it is prudent to assume the worst and pray for the best..
    toyota wants to assume (and rightly so, if i must say) that the average car owner knows zilch about car maintenance, and therefore plans for the worst...

this PMS business is a calculated move..
    on the one hand, it can write volumes on the brand's seeming invincibility because it never breaks down (because parts are replaced even before "they need to be").. on the other hand, it can be stretched to advertise just how reliable their brand is.
    everything is packaging.
    but i think we can all agree... cars today are not built like they used to be... because cars today are much, much better than they were before.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 7th, 2014 at 03:52 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast