New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 145 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    So kelan nga palitan if its timing chain. Tnx ho

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    AFAIK, timing chains can last the vehicles life time. there is no specific time to replace it. however if you want, you can have it inspected by a mechanic specially if mileage already exceeds 200k miles (320k+ km).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *red one,
    Tnx for the info. Yup i already found out that too. But appreciate your reply. Coz i planned to dispose my revy sana but decided not to proceed since sobra happy nman ako. Long distance or city wla hassle. No major prob at all. Btw, i have revo 2003 1.8 GL, with 70k+ odm. Tnx ha

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Yes you're right dr. d, wires are indeed color coded. We'll try next time. Thanks!
    Just a follow thru. I already found the culprit, its the reverse / back-up switch. Though at first, I thought it was fine as I've been getting a 250 ohms resistance across. But I guess its a bit low to have a good continuity to pass the current along and bring the right amount of voltage to the reverse lights itself. I dismantled the switch and thought of replacing it, but due to "tipid" mode, I instead tried to clean it by soaking WD-40 in the mechanicals, and viola, the contacts we're perfect again. I believe that the contacts are easily obstructed by the oil contaminants, specially if the oil are not replaced regularly. I guess the previous owner of my Revo did make his PMS regularly

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Just a follow thru. I already found the culprit, its the reverse / back-up switch. Though at first, I thought it was fine as I've been getting a 250 ohms resistance across. But I guess its a bit low to have a good continuity to pass the current along and bring the right amount of voltage to the reverse lights itself. I dismantled the switch and thought of replacing it, but due to "tipid" mode, I instead tried to clean it by soaking WD-40 in the mechanicals, and viola, the contacts we're perfect again. I believe that the contacts are easily obstructed by the oil contaminants, specially if the oil are not replaced regularly. I guess the previous owner of my Revo did make his PMS regularly
    i learned something new!
    soaking it in wd-40... i never thought of that.. pa-spray-spray lang ako...
    congratulations!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i learned something new!
    soaking it in wd-40... i never thought of that.. pa-spray-spray lang ako...
    congratulations!
    Thank you also dr. d for sharing your insights on the previous posts.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sirs,

FC efficient pa rin po ba yung revo namin for 7k-e engine?!

Sept 23, pakarga po ako ng gasoline worth 1K, byahe ko, is makati going to cainta, papuntang cainta, C5 ang original plan ko pero nag-change route ako dahil sobrang traffic, (edsa route and right turn sa ortigas) going to junction.

pabalik, cainta to makati, via C5 na po ang daan ko,

kanina, makati to bicutan, round trip (via skyway, 100KPH, then before makarating exit sa bicutan, 120 in 30 seconds. then after makalagpas naman sa tesda pabalik ng makati, breakaway ng 140 KPH in 2mins)

Pagdating ko po sa buendia exit, pakarga ako ng gas, at parang lumalabas na 600 pesos po ang na-consume ko within 2days.

factors during driving operations:

longer distance dahil sa change route,
    average speed. traffic, 25-30KPH, 40KPH max speed.
    high speed, 70-80KPH ([round trip]) (cainta to makati)

Makati to bicutan, papuntang skyway, hindi naabutan ng long traffic,
    most of the time 100KPH maintaining speed breakaway ng 120KPH bago magexit sa bicutan, then some minor traffic naman sa soledad.

then going back to makati, same condition, then maintain 100KPH, after makalagpas sa tesda, breakaway ng 120, then 140.
    and traffic up to 30mins.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Can you compute the total distance travelled in those two days? Assuming fuel price of P51/L unleaded gasoline, that would be around 11.7L for P600 (assuming that your estimate of P600 is correct). A typical 1.8L engine would be expected to get around 7km/L, which would add up to around 82kms for 11.7L. How does your total distance add up?

But then again, such estimations are unreliable. Use the full tank method for best accuracy. Through this method I found out our Revo diesel gets around 8-9km/L city driving. That's around 400 city kilometers between fill ups, around 1800-2000 pesos per full tank of diesel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah. Anong fan blade gamit mo? Kelangan ba modification? Mas maganda kaya kung gawin 2 ang aux fan?

Ngayong umaga nahalata ko lang na umaangat ang temp ng konti (konti lang naman) from normal habang tumatakbo ako sa Quezon Ave. and then along G. Araneta. Basta't lumagpas ako ng mga 90km/h aangat na siya. Hindi pa natry sa highway to see kung tutuluyang umangat nga ba. Any suggestions as to what may be amiss?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    sir GTi, kamusta po ang revo niyo?

ano update sa overheating problem?

kasi yesterday na encounter ko ulit tumaas temperature nung na stock ako sa may chinese gen hospital for almost 45mins.

hindi ko na expect mag overheat kasi after adding silicon oil sa fan okey na sya. used for 1month without overheating problems..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *playplugg: use Full Tank method para mas accurate. reset mo trip meter after filling up.

Toyota Revo Owner's Club Details