New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Why is it that owners here seem like they have a phobia with Fully Synthetic oils?

Maybe because of price? However, I can already buy 4 quarts of branded FS synthetic oil for around 2.6k.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes it's the price. For double the cost, I find no difference in driving a car with a 5w/30 "fake" FS oil.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Yes it's the price. For double the cost, I find no difference in driving a car with a 5w/30 "fake" FS oil.
    Because saving around 2k a year by using mineral oil really does make difference. 👀

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Because saving around 2k a year by using mineral oil really does make difference. 👀
    If you can check in CASA that the oil they pour is indeed FS, then this is no problem.
    One of the reason also is that some CASA's won't allow their owners to see what their mechanic is doing on their actual unit during PMS.

Baka nga mineral lang gamit nila but you are paying FS Oil price.
    So to be safe, mineral oil nalang, then after warranty, that's the time to PMS outside CASA and use FS oils.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i like mineral oil, partly because i am offered the opportunity of removing the "gunk" in the oil, twice as often as synthetic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i like mineral oil, partly because i am offered the opportunity of removing the "gunk" in the oil, twice as often as synthetic.
    Do you also follow the "classic" 3 month oil change routine?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Do you also follow the "classic" 3 month oil change routine?
    change oel every 5000 km, po.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    If you can check in CASA that the oil they pour is indeed FS, then this is no problem.
    One of the reason also is that some CASA's won't allow their owners to see what their mechanic is doing on their actual unit during PMS.

Baka nga mineral lang gamit nila but you are paying FS Oil price.
    So to be safe, mineral oil nalang, then after warranty, that's the time to PMS outside CASA and use FS oils.

yeah the frikkin oil comes out of a drum. who knows what oil they've refilled into that drum

Salamat din dito sa Toyota mineral option na pasok sa specs. Saang local casa mabibili iyan?
    from toyota alabang's lazmall store so they probably have it over-the-counter as well. just be assertive coz some toyota casas will try to pretend that these cheaper fluids don't exist coz they want to sell you the more expensive product

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My car uses up 3.5 L and I ask for the excess, they give me FS oil naman. Then on my next PMS I bring that excess so they only bill me 3L of FS.

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My car uses up 3.5 L and I ask for the excess, they give me FS oil naman. Then on my next PMS I bring that excess so they only bill me 3L of FS.

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk
    Exactly. If you doubt the casa with using mineral oil instead of FS, just ask for the bottle.

Here's the excess bottle used by our FJ by the way when it was serviced by casa: