New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    i knew this would be brought up.....

The way i see it, mas ok i pin ang Rush against the likes of the BR-V, Expander Cross and XL-7

but if am in the market for a small crossover like the Ecosport, Vitara, MG Zs, etc... yan ang wala ng Toyota.

While more practical, ang laki na ng size niya. Buti if na retain niya yung 1st Gen Toyota Rush na size

debatable ang cannibalizing issue
    People dont view it as 7 seater vs 5 seater. More of all options in the 900k-1.1M price range, then whichever fits their needs most.

Di pa ko nakakita ng nalakihan masyado sa Rush. If you add the sales of all the 5 seater CUVs, mas marami pa rin benta ng Rush alone.

So obviously the market would rather get a Rush than a 5-seater CUV. Personally I prefer the dimensions of the Raize than Rush but the majority of the market believes bigger is always better.

Hence why the only 5 seaters in the top 10 best selling cars of the philippines are the ones that are notably cheaper than the cheapest 7 seaters (aka Rush, Xpander, etc).

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    People dont view it as 7 seater vs 5 seater. More of all options in the 900k-1.1M price range, then whichever fits their needs most.

Di pa ko nakakita ng nalakihan masyado sa Rush. If you add the sales of all the 5 seater CUVs, mas marami pa rin benta ng Rush alone.

So obviously the market would rather get a Rush than a 5-seater CUV. Personally I prefer the dimensions of the Raize than Rush but the majority of the market believes bigger is always better.

Hence why the only 5 seaters in the top 10 best selling cars of the philippines are the ones that are notably cheaper than the cheapest 7 seaters (aka Rush, Xpander, etc).

Perodua learned that the hard way when they tried to sell the 4wd short wheelbase rush for more than what toyota was selling the Long wheelbase 2wd variant.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

gets ko naman yan, in that case tanggalin na din nila ang Rav 4, hehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    gets ko naman yan, in that case tanggalin na din nila ang Rav 4, hehe
    True. The RAV4 is more of a niche market car for Toyota. Not a critical model for volume but likely profit-accretive.

Which is why it's still in the lineup despite selling only 1 RAV4 for every 35 Fortuners (552 vs 19.8k in 2019).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Looks like it is coming to ASEAN: https://www.carguid*.ph/2021/04/toyo...t-in.html#more

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    wow... this is a very good option for kids who just started driving...

I hope it looks better than the 2nd Gen Rush
    Don't get me wrong... I like the 2nd Gen Rush, but not the car I would buy.

I wonder which other cars will use Daihatsu's DNGA-A platform

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Report: Toyota Raize to launch in Indonesia later this month | TopGear PH

CNN Indonesia has reported that the vehicle is set to make its debut in Indonesia on April 30, along with its twin, the Daihatsu Rocky.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Should Toyota Motor Philippines bring in the Raize Crossover? | Autodeal

It’s similar in size to the Chery Tiggo 2, Kia Stonic, but it’s not as big as the two crossovers, instead, it’s a lot smaller than your average affordable crossover.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    2021 Toyota Raize launched in Indonesia, but will PH get it?

It's now time to Raize the bar.

CBU Japan parin kaya sa Indonesian market?

If this Raize for IDM / ASEAN built in Indonesia, this would be a great addition to Toyota PH SUV lineup to battle small crossovers from Korea and china.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    2021 Toyota Raize launched in Indonesia, but will PH get it?

It's now time to Raize the bar.

CBU Japan parin kaya sa Indonesian market?

If this Raize for IDM / ASEAN built in Indonesia, this would be a great addition to Toyota PH SUV lineup to battle small crossovers from Korea and china.
    Some JDM raize/rockys are actually built in indonesia so its most likely na locally sourced ung raize for the Indonesia although its more likely that LHD raize will be sourced from vietnam instead as there are rumors that they will be the first LHD market to offer the vehicle and probably doing the engineering work to convert to LHD.

ADM Produces 34,300 Raize-Rocky Units This Year, 25 Percent Exported

Scoop: Toyota Raize to be launched in Vietnam late-221, first LHD market? | Wapcar

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast