New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah at a million is might become a hit kasi Corolla territory na yun pero that's wishful thinking unless the government totally eliminates taxes which I doubt!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Pshh.... 2 million pesos?

I would rather buy an suv + a car that to buy a prius

I doubt it if they could lower it up to a million.....but if they can......then good for us, who's just a middle-class person.
    Sa Manila Bulletin, it's 2.25 million.

sheesh. I'd rather get a focus TDCi and spend the rest on diesel

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    You can buy TWO corollas and have them both converted to Auto-LPG. And you will still have money left over to buy fuel.

OR

You can buy ONE Corolla (heck! Even buy an entry level CAMRY) and use the remaining money to buy gasoline for YEARS!
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 11th, 2009 at 12:50 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    step aside yung issue ng cost ng prius, if they maintain to do d4ds edi wala namang improvement sa technology, diba?

pero langya sa price niyan baka nagka 3 revai na ko ahahaha lagpas 5 pa mapapaupo (exclude safety and stuffs) :bwahaha:

kopyahin na lang yung kaha ng prius tapos ilagay sa mga naka diesel na kotse para kunyari you're driving a green one too o diba? :evil:

di ko nabasa yung 2m na pricetag, 1m lang nabasa ko sa post ni number001, ano ba talaga tamang estimate na price?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    if i have 2m right now, i'll just add some more cash and then buy a nissan patrol or a 3-series BMW.

it's futile if the introductory price is very exorbitant. those who can afford to buy high-end cars can also afford to buy enough gasoline amid the soaring prices of fuel. the Prius would be a good buy if the price will be lowered to 1m so that those belonging to the middle-class segment of our society will be able to acquire one.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The price in the Philippines is outrageous!!! How can the government promote more green and fuel efficient cars

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    from yesterday's article:
    Toyota Motor Philippines Corp. first vice-president for vehicle sales Raymond Rodriguez said a total of 25 units of 1.8 liter third generation Prius will be made available initially on June 19 at P2.250 (million) per unit.

“Definitely prices can be lowered with incentives,” Rodriguez said noting that the proposed incentives for environment-friendly and hybrid vehicles are still being deliberated in Congress.

Aside from import duty, imported completely built-up vehicles are slapped with 30 percent import duty, excise tax based on the value of the unit, value added tax and VAT.
    hmmm. Apparently it's the third generation.

if they remove that 30%... it boils down to about 1.5 million. Not bad if it's the only one that gets the tax exemption.

dadating kaya insight dito?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wsa 400 View Post
    The price in the Philippines is outrageous!!! How can the government promote more green and fuel efficient cars
    Wow, WTH. Wala pang $30,000 (PhP1.5M) ang Prius sa US ah. Yoko na dito sa 'Pinas. Crappy PhDM, lahat ng kotse dito mahal.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    At 2.250 million you could buy yourself an accord!

And save the remaining 250k for your gas.

If the prius will be priced at 1.3m, then there's a probability that it would be seen on streets more often. But priced at 2.250? The heck? It's like looking for a toyota lc200 and a benz 7-series.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    ang mahal naman....

--OT--
    hmmm... i heard that Toyota Thailand recently introduced the Camry Hybrid in Bangkok! may it could be cheaper if we get the Hybrid model there since we have AFTA perks...