New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    BAD EXPERIENCE???? YES. JUST RECENTLY.

Let me tell you my sad experience:

As per my memory, these are the dates.

August 19 - Unit was brought in for repair of shock absorbers, I was informed before that my shock absorbers need check up. So I left the unit to dealership.

August 20 - Unit was rear ended, it left a round mark as it was hit by a muffler and a small portion of the lower grill also manifested the damage. I got to know this after doing some research and not from the Service Advisor.

August 21 - Holiday.

August 22 - I passed by around 10:00AM to check what's going on to my unit, On a corner, I saw my Altis, the tires were removed, shock absorbers too were removed (this is ok since, shock absorber is the problem) to my surprise, the front bumper was also removed!!, so I went to someone named Amor, the job controller of Toyota Otis, but told me to ask the status from Service Advisor ,John Roderick Palao aka Rico Palao. So this is what he told me, he don't know why it was removed, and will give me a call on monday. However, I called the customer service representative to ask why, and after 20 minutes, I received a call from Mr. Ronnel Timpog, informing me that it was rear ended.

August 24 - I was able to talk with the Service Manager, Salvador Pante. He gave me assurance that repair of bumper will be given 2 yrs warranty. The service manager was abent Last August 22. So if I were to connect the happenings, I think they are trying to cover up. He told me that he gave instructions to his people to work on it. Since he was absent on Saturday, so the instructions was out maybe on day before, which is a friday. So Rico Palao could have known it too since he is the Service Advisor.

August 25 - I insisted on replacement, and after much debate they agreed, I also received call saying that the 4 shock absorbers was replaced as good will and care of Mr Pante. So they ordered the new bumper. This I think is another attempt of cover up, the shock absorber claim was approved because of defect and not of the so called “good will” they were trying to delay the repair by saying the shock absorbers are still for evaluation. So once delayed, time for repairing the bumper will just be in time for installation of shock absorbers.
    August 26 2 PM- The new front bumper arrived.
    August 27- they started the paint job.
    August 28 - Bumper painted.
    August 29 11 AM - Paint result –After buffing, bumper color off shade.. Needs repainting, after a whole day, I was told that they were unable to trace the exact color yet.
    Now that's a bad experience, why? Just look at the series of happening and there seem to be attempts of covering the accident.
    I think if I didn’t happen to pass by, i will never get to know that my bumper got rear ended.
    I find it really strange, a Toyota dealer doesn’t know the real colour of the unit?????
    Also note that my unit hasn’t even faded, it’s less than a year old.
    Most of us believe that casas can mix the right color and do something backyards can’t do. But this is not the case for me. I would say backyard paint shop that wore a dealer Uniform and that’s already called CASA people.
    As you can see, it’s more than a week, and I am dealing with the so called experts of our car that must know it inside out. How come they can’t even mix the right color?????? As dealers, they have information that we, the consumers don’t have, and that includes the right formulation for every paint code.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Email your post to Toyota Philippines

CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE CENTER
    Hotline Number: 819-2912
    Email: customerassistance*toyota.com.ph

or

Fill the form

http://www.toyota.com.ph/forms/contact.asp

So far, I have had good services from Otis so far (cross fingers). They replaced parts under warranty without being obstinate and even if my Toyota was not purchased from them. Also I have never left my vehicle with them overnight. Based on my experience, lots of things (all negative) happens when one leaves their vehicle overnight or a number of days at any dealer, casa, repair shops, etc.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I already left my car for service at other Toyota dealer before, but didn't experience something same as this.

As per my experience, the Customer assistance hotline wasn't able to help me, because they just push you away and want you to coordinate directly with the respective dealer that made the problem.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sad experienced.

lesson learn: don't leave your car during casa repair/pms.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero diba paminsan di naman maiiwasan iwanin sa CASA yung car especially kung malaking job?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Every Toyota dealer has CRO (Customer Relations Officer) and they are partly from that dealer and partly from TMPI. Look for them, they usually have separate office inside the dealer perimeter.

Every time I have troubles with warranty and service, I always go to this CRO route and always got favorable response quickly, as in ASAP.

Also twice that my complaints was directed straight to dealers President for faster actions.

Submit your written complaints to Otis CRO

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have been communicating with Ms. Goldie, Toyota Otis' CRO, to expedite the repair, but there seems to be some uncontrollable circumstances.

Such as, incapable Paint Mixer / Tinter, that does not even know how to mix right color. As I have said, my unit haven't faded yet. So if you have the correct formulation, I think you can come up with the right shade and right mixture.

What is the difference of a backyard paint shop and a CASA if some of them can't even mix the right color???? Maybe the price tag of casa which is overpriced and their privilege as a dealer that they have access to parts.

I am getting impatient, the unit has been with them since August 19, and I am facing this kind of trouble because of their wrongdoings.

By the way, my unit is a Dark Gray Mica, Paint Code, 1G3.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Would you believe I got the same experience!, my ride was repainted 7 times as in I have complaints from off color, too dark, sanding marks underneath clear coat, uneven painting, rough finish and vanished curves and contours. My company did the last remaining negotiations because of the repair delays, because I was already too upset and mad because they got my head light with sanding marks.

Problem with some Toyota dealers was their painters are contractual and some belong to agency. They mixed the paint manually and some of them where too old with eye defects to distinguish colors. They don't even know how to prep a surface, they would blame rainy weather for their inability, but were mum when I pointed out that they have all weather paint booth.

Dinala ko minsan kay Nelson Ruello sa Tandang Sora, and eventually he pointed to me that still my repainted sections where still off color.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    7x????? That's too much. Have you told TMP about that terrible experience???

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I think TMPI does not have anything to do with paint section repair. It would be on the dealers capability to ensure quality repainting job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Otis service experience