New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    'Had a chance to drive a Lite-ace. Way underpowered. You need to have strong forearms to steer (pawis steering, eka na ni FD). Korek din si vinj: ang init ng aircon. If I were you, I'd look for another type of mini-van.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks for the inputs. appreciate it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I also don't know what makes this van so bouncy...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    we had one before
    but what i had observed

-Underpowered
    -prone to overheat
    -bouncy ride
    -pawis steering

get the hi ace instead or the nissan urvan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    I also don't know what makes this van so bouncy...
    Labo nga... given that it has coil springs in the rear.

A Vanette is a better option over the Lite Ace... but with fuel prices nowadays, it's better to save up to get a diesel van like the L300, Urvan, or Hiace.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Labo nga... given that it has coil springs in the rear.

A Vanette is a better option over the Lite Ace... but with fuel prices nowadays, it's better to save up to get a diesel van like the L300, Urvan, or Hiace.
    Actually, the front is the bouncy part. The brochure said it had 4-link coil suspension for a comfortable ride, but the actual test proved otherwise. The rear has a rigid axle that is stiffer than normal car suspensions, so it hardly bounces.

As for the Vanette, this van is even more prone to overheating. Plus being a 90s Nissan, it may have quality issues as well.

I personally think that the reason why these vans tend to overheat is that there is too little air to enter the cooling system. Their engines seem to lack breathing space and hot air outlets. And given that the Lite Ace has a really weak engine, it will almost always heat up more quickly due to being overworked and overexhausted.
    Last edited by squala; April 9th, 2005 at 05:43 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    we have a liteace which was casa-maintaned from the start. it has 86,800+ km on the odo and uses toyota synthetic oil. it did overheat before, twice i think. but now its temparature stays at 1/3 95% of the time. it's boucy maybe because of short wheelbase.

pros: toyota reliability (even if it's an old design; reminds me of the hilux in Top Gear), 7.7 km/liter, easy city maneuvering and parking (shorter and narrower than an AE92 corolla), more knee and legroom for all passengers compared to other refrigerator vans.

cons: no front hood!, lacks power

i've read the posts and i see others have bad experiences with this van. maybe it depends on the maintenance. what i've said are just based on my own experience. right now i prefer something with a hood though. space wagon?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we had one from 91-98. dito ako natuto mag-drive experience namin..overheat and weak a/c. pero kung may extra money, an engine swap (pwede kaya?) and replacement of the a/c system (pwede din ba?) solve the problems? personally, i like the styling of the lite ace..and the size is just right for a family of 4
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Actually, the front is the bouncy part. The brochure said it had 4-link coil suspension for a comfortable ride, but the actual test proved otherwise. The rear has a rigid axle that is stiffer than normal car suspensions, so it hardly bounces.

As for the Vanette, this van is even more prone to overheating. Plus being a 90s Nissan, it may have quality issues as well.

I personally think that the reason why these vans tend to overheat is that there is too little air to enter the cooling system. Their engines seem to lack breathing space and hot air outlets. And given that the Lite Ace has a really weak engine, it will almost always heat up more quickly due to being overworked and overexhausted.
    OIC... could it be malnourished shocks upfront that cause the bounciness then (not enough for the weight or not matched to the rates)?

On the overheating of the Vanette... there is a cure with the moving of the condenser then adding a larger fan according to some peeps.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hello fellow tsikoteers.. liteace is my previous van..

yeah it's true na prone to overheat and worst mainit ang aircon sa likod halos walang lamig.. but on underpower thing my perception is different when i use it on NLEX last year mabilis naman ang takbo at kayang kaya overtake ang ibang AUV ngayun.. just my 0.02

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Toyota LiteAce Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]