New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Thanks for all the info you provided.

Ok, malamang after market lang nga siya. No big deal, para sa akin naman "nice to have" lang ang keyless entry. I can live without it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just would like to ask for opinion re surplus liteace van from japan.. do you think it's a nice buy to have this van?? cause i know that liteace here in Phils was stoppped in 1996-97, but we can see almost everyday latest models of liteace from japan ( right handed cause the side door is at the left instead of right hand) they are mostly models from 2001 and up...

what bout the maintenance of this van, widely available ba parts nito as compared to those locally assembled??... Any tips will be highly appreciated... Thanks...

BR,
    epic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't really recommend ex-JDM vehicles unless you really know your automotive 101.

Most consumable parts like filters and fluids are readily available. Goodluck on finding body and trim parts (head/taillamps, mouldings, etc.), though.

I guess there are better alternatives out there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mahirap, unless you know how to inspect these units. Majority of these units come into the philippines chopped up, as in the body is cut in half so the importers can fit in more stuff into the van. Then the van is welded together during assembly. Do you think they can weld it again perfectly? I seriously doubt it. Thus, hindi aligned ang body mo. 2nd, since it was deliberately cut in half, then the body's integrity is totally compromised aside from not being aligned. Kung buo yung body pagpasok pwede pa.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    these converted vehicles from abroad are killing our automobile industry. the more this things come in, the lesser is the chance that other car manufacturers will invest in our country. bottomline is, these manufacturers will eventually get out of the country and those that will remain will have a monopoly of the car industry.

here's a scenario if this thing continues...

about 5 years from now, you have saved ur hard earned money to buy a new car but the thing is, you only have two choices... color black or white.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    better settle for local units na lang ser..

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    I suggest you to get the latest local model.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nakakita ka ng converted vans mapapansin mo na alanganin posisyon ng pedals because of the steering column na pinilit isalpak sa rhd na sasakyan.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    mas ok ata kung bili ka na lang ng 2nd hand na local unit.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Toyota LiteAce Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]