New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I didn't know what I was missing! Now I know what this Land Cruiser magic is all about.

I've also had a chance to live with a Fortuner (3.0D4d) and Montero Sport (2.5 GLS A/T). The Land Cruiser is not as fast or as smooth but there is something about it that makes me prefer it over the others.
    True, its not as fast as the newer Forts and Monty Sports but the thrust you get when you floor the 4.2 in-line 6 turbo is just awesome. The newer CRDis will just leave you behind once you hit triple digit speeds but you'll still be tailing them all the way to 160kph. When you get off the paved roads or onto real off road obstacles, its bye-bye Fort and Monty in favor of the LC. A 1996 LC80 will probably cost just a much as a 2005 Fortuner on the second hand market IMO.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we used to own a fortuner, but sold it immediately as soon as i learned all the problems were' gonna face up ahead, so opted to buy a lc80 , God is good by blessing us with a 97 model dubai version, though it has no turbo, but we just replaced it with 1hdt engine and inter cooled it, though it is not fast as the new once but it can beat all those 100 and 200 in terms of durability, the 80 and 105 are the LAST living legend of toyota's durability , a real 4wd with go anywhere capability, it will probably outlast the 200..if you want to drive a legend get an 80..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ours is nearly 300tkms. it's very reliable!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jgilog,

Just go with the updated OEM parts. Or you can try 112 LC house (just google their full address and contact details).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Thanks, Doc Otep!

Someday, all LC80 lovers could have a meetup somewhere in the metro

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    jgilog,

Just go with the updated OEM parts. Or you can try 112 LC house (just google their full address and contact details).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    More info here at www.4x4ph.com/forum.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cammer View Post
    More info here at www.4x4ph.com/forum.
    Also at www.forum.IH8mud.com

All series LC info motherlode. You might even find Doc Otep's and Kalawang's posts there :D
    Last edited by jgilog; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: more

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007

LC 80, 100 and 200

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nice cruisers.. sana may 70 rin na original left hand drive.. one of the most loved and hardcore go anywhere.. if fully equipped.. lahat ng lc from 105 below to 40 are considered one of the toughest vehicles ever created..... the other cruisers are wannabees..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    nice cruisers.. sana may 70 rin na original left hand drive.. one of the most loved and hardcore go anywhere.. if fully equipped.. lahat ng lc from 105 below to 40 are considered one of the toughest vehicles ever created..... the other cruisers are wannabees..
    sama mo na yung 200 bro....ibang klase din ang tibay nyan...

check mo yung dakar last year sila lang yung car na air intake and light suspension mods lang ang ginawa for performance tapos all stock na lahat...but they still managed to finish....

pero yung interior is racing spec of course...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
toyota land cruiser 80 series