New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    mga sir,
    i'm planning of buying of a LC prado 70 series with a 2L-TE engine and im aware of the engine overheating problem on this particular engine due to a cracked head. my questions are:

1. is there a way to check if it has this problem (by occular and drive test)
    2. if ever i get a bad unit, do you have any idea how i will spend on replacing the cracked head?
    3. what is the fuel consumption of this unit?
    4. What is the difference of the EX5, EX and SX models?

thank you very much po sa mag reply. maybe if its not worth the money, i willl stop dreaming of it. hehe
    Mine has a 2LTE and so far I don't have a aproblem with it. Try doing a
    test drive and ask permission to use it in either heavy traffic or in a location
    where you will have to rev the engine between 2K to 3K rpm. If the engine
    temp does not go up to more than half, you are probably safe with the
    engine. I have seen so many 70 series or hilux surf with the 2LT or 2LTE
    so far the owners are satisfied with the engine.

I don't know how much you will be spending on a crack head but probably less than 50K including the overhaul. But as I said better start with an engine that does not overheat in the first place.

My fuel consumption is about 6-7 city driving and about 9-10kms highway driving.

EX5 I think is the top of the line in Japan.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    meron ba kayong kilala na nagbebenta ng 2LTE na makina or 3L? PM me lang.tia

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mga boss,
    i also just bought one lc70 frp top. fairly good condition naman. naka shocks na, reverse shackle and 33 inch na tires. the engine is 13bt. im looking for suppliers of the original snorkel and roof rack for it. any tips on wher i can get it? price range of this parts?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Toyota Land Cruiser (70 Series) Owners & Discussions [Merged]